• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

the practice of charging with murder those who shoot cops during no knock raids

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
On a serious note... From quick peruse of google it shows 2 or 3 incidents its happens over a several year time frame.

Not very common I'd say. In fact I think there were MORE hits on Google about guys talking about the boogey man telling police the it actually happen... Go figure...

I suppose most successful home invasions don't have victim's accounts of how it happened. The simple fact is that it's a known tactic, and not one that requires much imagination to figure out.

Otherwise, why bother giving cops uniforms and badges?

As an aside, I've usually thought of you as fairly level-headed and usually presenting a decent argument. That said, I find your new avatar disturbing. Surely you know better?

Last edited:

The Truth

I suppose most successful home invasions don't have victim's accounts of how it happened. The simple fact is that it's a known tactic, and not one that requires much imagination to figure out.

As an aside, I've usually thought of you as fairly level-headed and usually presenting a decent argument. That said, I find your new avatar disturbing. Surely you know better?

Primus, bless his heart, is a big ol' dumb-ace and loves it. He eats that stuff up, man.

Primus

Id have to disagree its a "known tactic". I say that that because I've responsed to numerous armed home invasions and speak directly with the victims. I've NEVER had a bad guy say "police" on entry. Ever. To me experience beats what people say in the internet. Also, that Google search kind of proves my point. 2 or 3 cases in a several year period? The closest I've seen to this is I know of a guy who was kidnapped for drugs. Thy got him out of the house by saying they were police.

Honestly think that if there's MORE hits on the internet of guys on gun forums talking about it then it being reported in the news then its probably yet another myth/exaggeration. Just like "cops all use steroids" (recently disproven by example) or "they purposefully higher dumb cops" (recently proven they actually hire cops with above average intelligence however slight).

As an answer to your aside, my avatar is irrelevant to any arguments I may make. I sincerely appreciate you thinking I'm usually level headed, that's my intent. I still intend to be level headed and thoughtful as much as possible. Even if I am sometimes responding I some frothing at the mouth (not you obviously). I'm sorry to hear you find it disturbing. Its certainly not meant as an insult to you or anyone else.

The fact of the matter it is what I do as a person. That's all I can/will speak for. I bust my a** to save others. Period. So if I found an avatar that speaks to that and one that I like, then it shouldn't be an issue. That whole freedom to choose and of expression right? :D

But think for a second about the "surely you know better" comment. Did I think some would be upset about it? Yes. Certainly not yourself (quite surprised) but others I know get a little upset about things. Isn't it ironic that a group (or select few) of "freedom" loving individuals would be upset because someone else chose to express themselves?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Primus, your avatar is a blatant lie.

Warren v. D.C.

A legal lie, and a statistical impossibility. It's a party line, and Primus is smart enough to know better. Honestly, I give him the benefit of the doubt that that is how he "feels," and perhaps altruistically wishes he could do, but I'm disappointed in a party li[n]e, nonetheless.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Id have to disagree its a "known tactic". I say that that because I've responded to numerous armed home invasions and speak directly with the victims. I've NEVER had a bad guy say "police" on entry. Ever. To me experience beats what people say in the internet. Also, that Google search kind of proves my point. 2 or 3 cases in a several year period? The closest I've seen to this is I know of a guy who was kidnapped for drugs. They got him out of the house by saying they were police.

Honestly I think that if there's MORE hits on the internet of guys on gun forums talking about it then it being reported in the news then its probably yet another myth/exaggeration. Just like "cops all use steroids" (recently disproven by example) or "they purposefully higher dumb cops" (recently proven they actually hire cops with above average intelligence however slight)...

Even ONE true actual account means it is not a "myth." There is no need of "exaggeration" if each instance results in severe victimization or death of innocents. There are no known totals if dead victims don't relate bad guys' tactics.

After your anecdotal lack of evidence not being representative sufficiently of the dataset, you then present a false dichotomy comparing false stereotypes and disproving them. This does not mean there is not a problem with a significant (even if "small") number of true accounts outside of your personal experiences. Self-defense on the streets is also a small number of things going on. I'll still carry a firearm, though, just as I wouldn't disarm cops even though very, very, very few of them will ever need theirs.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

SNIP...I saw my local swat team do a daylight raid. They threw CS gas in and then ran into the room. Then they all ran OUT of the room and put on their gas masks. inept.

Hilarious! Wish you'd caught that on video.:lol:

Id have to disagree its a "known tactic". I say that that because I've responsed to numerous armed home invasions and speak directly with the victims. I've NEVER had a bad guy say "police" on entry. Ever. To me experience beats what people say in the internet. Also, that Google search kind of proves my point. 2 or 3 cases in a several year period? The closest I've seen to this is I know of a guy who was kidnapped for drugs. Thy got him out of the house by saying they were police.

If you've admitted it has already happened, and in your experience, then it is a tactic that is known to at least some criminals, therefore a "known tactic".

stealthyeliminator

Honestly think that if there's MORE hits on the internet of guys on gun forums talking about it then it being reported in the news then its probably yet another myth/exaggeration. Just like "cops all use steroids" (recently disproven by example) or "they purposefully higher dumb cops" (recently proven they actually hire cops with above average intelligence however slight).

As an answer to your aside, my avatar is irrelevant to any arguments I may make. I sincerely appreciate you thinking I'm usually level headed, that's my intent. I still intend to be level headed and thoughtful as much as possible. Even if I am sometimes responding I some frothing at the mouth (not you obviously). I'm sorry to hear you find it disturbing. Its certainly not meant as an insult to you or anyone else.

The fact of the matter it is what I do as a person. That's all I can/will speak for. I bust my a** to save others. Period. So if I found an avatar that speaks to that and one that I like, then it shouldn't be an issue. That whole freedom to choose and of expression right? :D

But think for a second about the "surely you know better" comment. Did I think some would be upset about it? Yes. Certainly not yourself (quite surprised) but others I know get a little upset about things. Isn't it ironic that a group (or select few) of "freedom" loving individuals would be upset because someone else chose to express themselves?

I've never seen it, therefore it must not be true.

That's a facepalmer, Primus.

Primus

Hilarious! Wish you'd caught that on video.:lol:

If you've admitted it has already happened, and in your experience, then it is a tactic that is known to at least some criminals, therefore a "known tactic".
It wasn't a home invasion... It was cone outside kidnapping. A bit different.

OC for ME

Your "feelings" aside, the avatar is disingenuous because you have stated that you would not intercede on behalf of a citizen being abused by a cop.

Obviously...see my comment above.

Expression is not the issue, it is that which is being expressed. Your claims are nothing but Interwebz banter. You will not "bust your azz," you have stated this.

Primus

Your "feelings" aside, the avatar is disingenuous because you have stated that you would not intercede on behalf of a citizen being abused by a cop.

Obviously...see my comment above.

Expression is not the issue, it is that which is being expressed. Your claims are nothing but Interwebz banter. You will not "bust your azz," you have stated this.
That misstating facts at the least. Your word "abuse" is too vague. I stated I would intercede if it was physical. Anything short of that I would report to supervisor.

And that doesn't change anything else I do or have done. It isn't zero sum game. I don't have to be in IA arresting my own guys to prove that I'm helping citizens. That's a stupid demand to make.

I've literally had to hold a guys head together because he was shot in the face during a drug deal. I didn't accidentally get there before fire and medics. I had to put the effort to get there and help. That's what I'm paid to do and is what is expected of me. Well normal people expect that. Others such as yourself live on another planet and have other expectations.

I would say I'm sorry if my avatar hurts your feelings, but THAT would be disingenuous because I'm not. Remotely.

Can we get back to topic or even something gun related? There's a disturbing trend of this forum becoming more and more about personal vandettas and propaganda then gun stuff. Between guys starting threads solely to incite reactions, guys posting personal info of others, and general tearing apart of home lives , its all far from what I assume the intent of the forum is. If your upset with my avatar then PM me.