Thread: CHOKE POINT: Credit Card Reader Blocks Payments for Guns, Ammunition...

CHOKE POINT: Credit Card Reader Blocks Payments for Guns, Ammunition...

For Gun Shop Owners, It’s No Longer Hip to Be ‘Square’

In an alert regarding a change of terms, Square notified vendors:
    …you will not accept payments in connection with the following businesses or business activities: …sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury.
    The new terms differ from Square’s original terms of agreement, which banned only the “online” sales of firearms, a practice for which sites such as the popular eBay have long been criticized. (Square’s terms, by the way, also prohibit the online sale of cigarettes and other tobacco products—goods that also are targeted by Operation Choke Point.)

http://dailysignal.com/2014/09/25/gu...er-hip-square/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Looks like when DOJ's attempts to get the actual extenders of credit (banks, CC companies) failed they just moved over a notch and are now playing with the technology of credit. I'm seeing an interference with commerce lawsuit raising its head again.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I have a Square. It will never be used again. It's going under the sledge this afternoon. No, wait, it will be glued to the bullseye of the next target.

People sometimes pay for their $5000 AC installations with it. I guess Square doesn't want their cut anymore.
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-25-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I have a Square. It will never be used again. It's going under the sledge this afternoon. No, wait, it will be glued to the bullseye of the next target.

People sometimes pay for their $5000 AC installations with it. I guess Square doesn't want their cut anymore.
    Defecate on it and send it back

Actually smear melted chocolate on it so it looks like **** the real thing might get you charged with bio-terror.
    Last edited by F350; 09-25-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Banned
    we should not allow sales on our CC using square by businesses or boycott those business as their business supports them

This is where Bitcoin can be very useful. I've been trying to suggest it's use by gun shops for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterNSteinmetz View Post
    This is where Bitcoin can be very useful. I've been trying to suggest it's use by gun shops for some time now.
    +1
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I think people would just resort to cash... One of the primary reasons for using a technology solution is to increase convenience, using bitcoin won't do that for most people, who will see it as complicated and confusing, something else they have to learn. Pulling money from an ATM will be much easier and less time consuming for them.

I see firearms being bartered/traded pretty often too.

I think these shenanigans (not allowing gun purchases be processed X method) do a lot more to reveal evil intentions than they do to actually hinder gun sales.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I think people would just resort to cash...
    I use cash or debit. I will no longer use the "square". I will stop a sale, if they try to use it, and explain why when I will not allow it.

A boycot does not work if they don't know you are doing it.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Square now lets sellers accept Bitcoin on their own storefronts. March '14

Square today announced it has added support for paying with Bitcoin. As a result, buyers can now use the digital currency to purchase goods and services on Square Market, which allows sellers to create an online storefront with online payment processing.

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2014/0...s/?fromcat=all

How soon will EMV Chip-and-Pin obsolete Square Reader AND firearms transactions?

http://www.chipandpinusa.com/index.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMV - explanation of the joint effort initially conceived between Europay, MasterCard and Visa to ensure the security and global interoperability of chip-based payment cards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_and_PIN