Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: De facto marshal law during manhunt (again)?

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

De facto marshal law during manhunt (again)?

Why are these people tolerating this?

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2661572...ted-cop-killer

"The search for Frein — now in its 12th full day — has resulted in frequent unannounced and indefinite roadblocks in Canadensis. Some residents have resorted to sleeping in their cars due to entire neighborhoods being cordoned off."

"Troopers issued a “shelter-in-place” order last week that kept some residents from leaving their homes for more than a day, while others who weren’t already at home could not return. Residents said the directive left elderly residents unattended and pets unfed, as well as lost wages for workers who couldn’t reach their job sites."

Absurd.
    Advocate freedom please

They finally caught the guy. Im just happy for all the innocents affected.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    I think that they caught him while playing Marco-Polo.

Or the guy gave himself up.

Which is fact? We'll never know for sure.

Maybe we'll find out why...IF he did it...innocent until proven guilty of course...of course.

Did he "resist" and get 350 stitches? White guy so likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I think that they caught him while playing Marco-Polo.

Or the guy gave himself up.

Which is fact? We'll never know for sure.

Maybe we'll find out why...IF he did it...innocent until proven guilty of course...of course.

Did he "resist" and get 350 stitches? White guy so likely not.
    Apparently this "survivalist expert marksman," simply gave himself up, and also left a written journal detailing his attack on the 2 cops. Smells fishy.
    Last edited by The Truth; 10-31-2014 at 03:13 AM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    Troopers issued a “shelter-in-place” order last week that kept some residents from leaving their homes for more than a day, while others who weren’t already at home could not return. Residents said the directive left elderly residents unattended and pets unfed, as well as lost wages for workers who couldn’t reach their job sites.
    --------from link

Did the guy have ebola or something?

Could leave for less than a day but not more?

I would have ignored such directives...

That's why God invented battering rams !

Banned
    They had even cancelled Halloween for the kids in this town. I guess it's back on.

What transpired in PA. was disgusting. Same thing happened briefly in Sacramento last week as well. Very disturbing image came from the CA. incident of a MASKED Swat team member leading a preschooler by the hand, when NOTHING happened at that preschool.

Here are 2 of those pictures
    http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/1nw...60/HJA6499.JPG

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/..._E9CE88_Sa.jpg

Cops would close down the entire country if they had to, to "find" a cop killer who is no threat to the general public.
    "All animals are equal, some animals are MORE equal."

It's all over. They say they captured the guy.

Nothing to see here, citizen. Move along.

But to add fuel to the fire just for the heck of it -

The guy shot two cops. No threats to non-cops reported. So why were the cops restricting the movement of all the non-cops? What danger were they in - except that of getting shot by some scared out of his/her wits cop who, much like the deer hunter that shot the farmer's cow because it moved, sees everything as a threat to officer safety?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Hmmpf. A quote without context is at least worthless, at worst it is misleading.

In George Orwell's 1945 Animal Farm, the pigs formalize a "complete system of thought" called Animalism ( a clear reference to communism of the day) under their The Seven Commandments.
    1. Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
    2. Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
    3. No animal shall wear clothes.
    4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
    5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
    6. No animal shall kill any other animal.
    7. All animals are equal.
    (http://www.gutenberg.net.au/ebooks01/0100011h.html)

Finally their Seven Commandments, like our Ten Commandments are entirely replaced with simple precepts, one of which is (quoting carefully) "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

No law suit(s) no rights violations.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I don't think LEO intend this as some insidious freedom destroying tactic. I think from their perspective it is just a practical matter. If you are targeting one antelope in the herd, it is easier to target if the rest of the herd stops moving. If you search the blue Chevy, watch it drive into the garage and it doesn't move again while you are searching other things/places it is one less place to look.

Whether is does have the effect on both the public and LEO of being an insidious freedom destroying tactic is another question. Just because the intent isn't immediately malicious does not mean that it won't eventually become so.

And yes, if it were my neighborhood locked down I would be furious and restrictions on my freedom of movement. I find the gov't continuous willingness to negatively effect dozens to millions of people just to corral on BG not a signiificant threat to the general populace or to stop the bad behavior of a small number of people, to be abhorrent.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    They had even cancelled Halloween for the kids in this town. I guess it's back on.

What transpired in PA. was disgusting. Same thing happened briefly in Sacramento last week as well. Very disturbing image came from the CA. incident of a MASKED Swat team member leading a preschooler by the hand, when NOTHING happened at that preschool.

Here are 2 of those pictures
    http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/1nw...60/HJA6499.JPG

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/..._E9CE88_Sa.jpg

Cops would close down the entire country if they had to, to "find" a cop killer who is no threat to the general public.
    "All animals are equal, some animals are MORE equal."
    Yea she looks terrified....

Lol I think your more scared of the boogeyman then she is.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    It's all over. They say they captured the guy.

Nothing to see here, citizen. Move along.

But to add fuel to the fire just for the heck of it -

The guy shot two cops. No threats to non-cops reported. So why were the cops restricting the movement of all the non-cops? What danger were they in - except that of getting shot by some scared out of his/her wits cop who, much like the deer hunter that shot the farmer's cow because it moved, sees everything as a threat to officer safety?

stay safe.
    I think the though might be two fold ( disclaimer this just opinion) . 1) if the guy is willing to ambush and kill cops the thought is he will kill citizens. The reason is if your willing to to kill someone who has a gun, is trained to use gun and kill you back (sometimes), and can call hundreds more to help kill you, then a single lay person who is probably unarmed would be an easy target.

I understand your position and kind of agree. Your thought is that he was singularly targeting police so therefore was no threat to anyone. But the question is what if he decided someone was in his way? Or that since he easily got away with the first shooting he'll move on to other targets. Again, if he's crazy enough to ambush cops (coward) then a normal citizen would be easy prey.

The second prong to this is kind of covered by another poster pretty well. If movement is free then the bad guy can easily just jump in anyone's car and drive away. This not only would allow him to get away but puts people at risk of getting hijacked. Also see point one. If he gets away he may move on to other targets that may not always be police.

Just a thought. I am actually curious what their reasons on paper are for this. Maybe a records request of some sort is needed.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    I think the though might be two fold ( disclaimer this just opinion) . 1) if the guy is willing to ambush and kill cops the thought is he will kill citizens. The reason is if your willing to to kill someone who has a gun, is trained to use gun and kill you back (sometimes), and can call hundreds more to help kill you, then a single lay person who is probably unarmed would be an easy target.

I understand your position and kind of agree. Your thought is that he was singularly targeting police so therefore was no threat to anyone. But the question is what if he decided someone was in his way? Or that since he easily got away with the first shooting he'll move on to other targets. Again, if he's crazy enough to ambush cops (coward) then a normal citizen would be easy prey.

The second prong to this is kind of covered by another poster pretty well. If movement is free then the bad guy can easily just jump in anyone's car and drive away. This not only would allow him to get away but puts people at risk of getting hijacked. Also see point one. If he gets away he may move on to other targets that may not always be police.

Just a thought. I am actually curious what their reasons on paper are for this. Maybe a records request of some sort is needed.
    If one were to be forced to stay indoors at home after a shooting - I never would have left my dwelling on the southside of chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    If one were to be forced to stay indoors at home after a shooting - I never would have left my dwelling on the southside of chicago.
    I agree.

But there's a difference between gang/crime related and some d bag on a shooting spree. Your smart enough to know that.

LOL That matters, that is material? Nyaah. Gang uniformed, uninformed with tattoos or merely uninformed is immaterial. GeeZeus McBeth, leave him be under his bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    LOL That matters, that is material? Nyaah. Gang uniformed, uninformed with tattoos or merely uninformed is immaterial. GeeZeus McBeth, leave him be under his bridge.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    You need a hair cut .. of course, this was you in 2007 ... hope you did not use meth (as great a drug as it is)

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...es%20of%20Meth

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I agree.

But there's a difference between gang/crime related and some d bag on a shooting spree. Your smart enough to know that.
    Yea the difference is the guy wasn't targeting most aniimals just those that shared Napoleans genetic make up.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Yea the difference is the guy wasn't targeting most aniimals just those that shared Napoleans genetic make up.....
    Bravery? Fierceness in battle? No wait..... Military genius and cunning?

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Yea the difference is the guy wasn't targeting most aniimals just those that shared Napoleans genetic make up.
    LOL Sus napoleonsis scrofulosis

Yea she looks terrified....

Lol I think your more scared of the boogeyman then she is.
    I think you missed the point bro. Perhaps the pre-schooler not showing fear makes the overall image, given the circumstances, more disturbing. Have you considered that?
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I think you missed the point bro. Perhaps the pre-schooler not showing fear makes the overall image, given the circumstances, more disturbing. Have you considered that?
    No. The preschooler hasn't been indoctrinated to fear mongering about the boogey man in a "mask" (aahhhhhhh!!!!!) And body armor. She's smart enough to know that a good guy there to HELP her.

No. The preschooler hasn't been indoctrinated to fear mongering about the boogey man in a "mask" (aahhhhhhh!!!!!) And body armor. She's smart enough to know that a good guy there to HELP her.
    Help her do what, Primus? According to Jeff. State, nothing happened at the school. Do you have contradicting information about the photos in question?

Edit: Nevermind, this really isn't worth discussing or hashing out. It's perfectly plausible what transpired was completely innocent, with the gross lack of information we, or at least I have.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 10-31-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Help her do what, Primus? According to Jeff. State, nothing happened at the school. Do you have contradicting information about the photos in question?

Edit: Nevermind, this really isn't worth discussing or hashing out. It's perfectly plausible what transpired was completely innocent, with the gross lack of information we, or at least I have.
    No one is alleging that anything happened there.

Why the hub bub about them being there before something happened? Isn't that an improvement over them being there after the fact to do the chalk outline thingy?

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    I don't think LEO intend this as some insidious freedom destroying tactic....
    In a way I think your right. It was not an attack on freedom. People's individual rights and freedoms probably did not get even a cursory consideration.
    I doubt they intentionally aimed to attack people's freedoms, they just bulldoze through them without acknowledgement.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast