• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

De facto marshal law during manhunt (again)?

stealthyeliminator

Why are these people tolerating this?

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/266157...lvania-woods-in-hunt-for-suspected-cop-killer

"The search for Frein — now in its 12th full day — has resulted in frequent unannounced and indefinite roadblocks in Canadensis. Some residents have resorted to sleeping in their cars due to entire neighborhoods being cordoned off."

"Troopers issued a “shelter-in-place” order last week that kept some residents from leaving their homes for more than a day, while others who weren’t already at home could not return. Residents said the directive left elderly residents unattended and pets unfed, as well as lost wages for workers who couldn’t reach their job sites."

Absurd.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think that they caught him while playing Marco-Polo.

Or the guy gave himself up.

Which is fact? We'll never know for sure.

Maybe we'll find out why...IF he did it...innocent until proven guilty of course...of course.

Did he "resist" and get 350 stitches? White guy so likely not.

The Truth

I think that they caught him while playing Marco-Polo.

Or the guy gave himself up.

Which is fact? We'll never know for sure.

Maybe we'll find out why...IF he did it...innocent until proven guilty of course...of course.

Did he "resist" and get 350 stitches? White guy so likely not.

Apparently this "survivalist expert marksman," simply gave himself up, and also left a written journal detailing his attack on the 2 cops. Smells fishy.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Troopers issued a “shelter-in-place” order last week that kept some residents from leaving their homes for more than a day, while others who weren’t already at home could not return. Residents said the directive left elderly residents unattended and pets unfed, as well as lost wages for workers who couldn’t reach their job sites.
--------from link

Did the guy have ebola or something? ;)

Could leave for less than a day but not more?

I would have ignored such directives...

That's why God invented battering rams !

Jeff. State

Banned
They had even cancelled Halloween for the kids in this town. I guess it's back on.

What transpired in PA. was disgusting. Same thing happened briefly in Sacramento last week as well. Very disturbing image came from the CA. incident of a MASKED Swat team member leading a preschooler by the hand, when NOTHING happened at that preschool.

Here are 2 of those pictures
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/1nw9pd/picture3355963/alternates/FREE_960/HJA6499.JPG

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/25/1414269094281_wps_23_Alamy_Live_News_E9CE88_Sa.jpg

Cops would close down the entire country if they had to, to "find" a cop killer who is no threat to the general public.
"All animals are equal, some animals are MORE equal."

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It's all over. They say they captured the guy.

Nothing to see here, citizen. Move along.

But to add fuel to the fire just for the heck of it -

The guy shot two cops. No threats to non-cops reported. So why were the cops restricting the movement of all the non-cops? What danger were they in - except that of getting shot by some scared out of his/her wits cop who, much like the deer hunter that shot the farmer's cow because it moved, sees everything as a threat to officer safety?

stay safe.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I don't think LEO intend this as some insidious freedom destroying tactic. I think from their perspective it is just a practical matter. If you are targeting one antelope in the herd, it is easier to target if the rest of the herd stops moving. If you search the blue Chevy, watch it drive into the garage and it doesn't move again while you are searching other things/places it is one less place to look.

Whether is does have the effect on both the public and LEO of being an insidious freedom destroying tactic is another question. Just because the intent isn't immediately malicious does not mean that it won't eventually become so.

And yes, if it were my neighborhood locked down I would be furious and restrictions on my freedom of movement. I find the gov't continuous willingness to negatively effect dozens to millions of people just to corral on BG not a signiificant threat to the general populace or to stop the bad behavior of a small number of people, to be abhorrent.

Primus

They had even cancelled Halloween for the kids in this town. I guess it's back on.

What transpired in PA. was disgusting. Same thing happened briefly in Sacramento last week as well. Very disturbing image came from the CA. incident of a MASKED Swat team member leading a preschooler by the hand, when NOTHING happened at that preschool.

Here are 2 of those pictures
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/1nw9pd/picture3355963/alternates/FREE_960/HJA6499.JPG

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/25/1414269094281_wps_23_Alamy_Live_News_E9CE88_Sa.jpg

Cops would close down the entire country if they had to, to "find" a cop killer who is no threat to the general public.
"All animals are equal, some animals are MORE equal."
Yea she looks terrified....

Lol I think your more scared of the boogeyman then she is. :D

Primus

It's all over. They say they captured the guy.

Nothing to see here, citizen. Move along.

But to add fuel to the fire just for the heck of it -

The guy shot two cops. No threats to non-cops reported. So why were the cops restricting the movement of all the non-cops? What danger were they in - except that of getting shot by some scared out of his/her wits cop who, much like the deer hunter that shot the farmer's cow because it moved, sees everything as a threat to officer safety?

stay safe.
I think the though might be two fold ( disclaimer this just opinion) . 1) if the guy is willing to ambush and kill cops the thought is he will kill citizens. The reason is if your willing to to kill someone who has a gun, is trained to use gun and kill you back (sometimes), and can call hundreds more to help kill you, then a single lay person who is probably unarmed would be an easy target.

I understand your position and kind of agree. Your thought is that he was singularly targeting police so therefore was no threat to anyone. But the question is what if he decided someone was in his way? Or that since he easily got away with the first shooting he'll move on to other targets. Again, if he's crazy enough to ambush cops (coward) then a normal citizen would be easy prey.

The second prong to this is kind of covered by another poster pretty well. If movement is free then the bad guy can easily just jump in anyone's car and drive away. This not only would allow him to get away but puts people at risk of getting hijacked. Also see point one. If he gets away he may move on to other targets that may not always be police.

Just a thought. I am actually curious what their reasons on paper are for this. Maybe a records request of some sort is needed.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think the though might be two fold ( disclaimer this just opinion) . 1) if the guy is willing to ambush and kill cops the thought is he will kill citizens. The reason is if your willing to to kill someone who has a gun, is trained to use gun and kill you back (sometimes), and can call hundreds more to help kill you, then a single lay person who is probably unarmed would be an easy target.

I understand your position and kind of agree. Your thought is that he was singularly targeting police so therefore was no threat to anyone. But the question is what if he decided someone was in his way? Or that since he easily got away with the first shooting he'll move on to other targets. Again, if he's crazy enough to ambush cops (coward) then a normal citizen would be easy prey.

The second prong to this is kind of covered by another poster pretty well. If movement is free then the bad guy can easily just jump in anyone's car and drive away. This not only would allow him to get away but puts people at risk of getting hijacked. Also see point one. If he gets away he may move on to other targets that may not always be police.

Just a thought. I am actually curious what their reasons on paper are for this. Maybe a records request of some sort is needed.

If one were to be forced to stay indoors at home after a shooting - I never would have left my dwelling on the southside of chicago.

Primus

If one were to be forced to stay indoors at home after a shooting - I never would have left my dwelling on the southside of chicago.
I agree.

But there's a difference between gang/crime related and some d bag on a shooting spree. Your smart enough to know that.

stealthyeliminator

Yea she looks terrified....

Lol I think your more scared of the boogeyman then she is. :D

I think you missed the point bro. Perhaps the pre-schooler not showing fear makes the overall image, given the circumstances, more disturbing. Have you considered that?

Primus

I think you missed the point bro. Perhaps the pre-schooler not showing fear makes the overall image, given the circumstances, more disturbing. Have you considered that?
No. The preschooler hasn't been indoctrinated to fear mongering about the boogey man in a "mask" (aahhhhhhh!!!!!) And body armor. She's smart enough to know that a good guy there to HELP her.

stealthyeliminator

No. The preschooler hasn't been indoctrinated to fear mongering about the boogey man in a "mask" (aahhhhhhh!!!!!) And body armor. She's smart enough to know that a good guy there to HELP her.

Help her do what, Primus? According to Jeff. State, nothing happened at the school. Do you have contradicting information about the photos in question?

Edit: Nevermind, this really isn't worth discussing or hashing out. It's perfectly plausible what transpired was completely innocent, with the gross lack of information we, or at least I have.

Last edited: