Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally a coward is charged for his crime

Banned

Finally a coward is charged for his crime

Graphic Dashcam Video Shows State Trooper Shoot Unarmed Man With His Hands Up

Columbia, SC — State Trooper Sean Groubert has been fired and faces 20 years in prison for gross negligence during a seat belt stop.

On September 4, 2014 Groubert pulled over 35-year-old Levar Jones at a Circle-K gas station. During the stop Jones exited his vehicle at which point Groubert asked for his license.

When Jones went to get his license Groubert began shooting.

While shooting at Jones, Groubert yelled “Get out of the car, get out of the car.”

Jones replied,”I just got my license, you said get my license.”

Amazingly enough, Jones had the composure to put his hands up while being shot at, yet Groubert still fired on the surrendering man.

Groubert kept telling Jones to get on the ground.

While on the ground Jones said, “I have my license right here, you said get my license.”

In the video Groubert asks Jones if he was hit by a bullet. Then he tries to imply that it was Jones’ fault that he just shot at him, “Bro, you dove head first back into your car.”

When asked why he was pulled over Groubert told Jones that it was a “seat belt violation,” to which Jones responded, “I just pulled my seat belt off right there.”

Luckily for Jones, Groubert is an apparent failure as a marksman and only one of the four rounds fired at point blank range struck Jones. He was hit in the hip and is now recovering at home after being hospitalized.

According to WLTX News, South Carolina Department of Public Safety Director Leroy Smith fired Groubert September 19th after observing the video and reviewing a report from the State Law Enforcement Division. In dismissing Groubert, Smith called the facts of the case “disturbing.”

The charges filed Wednesday were brought by the Fifth Circuit Solicitor’s office, which also reviewed SLED’s findings. Groubert faces a maximum of 20 years in prison.

Barney Guise, an attorney for Groubert, says his client is not guilty and looks forward to his day in court.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/gra...Zx1hKI0QWlh.99

trigger trooper
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN0O630ueVY

Yikes. That is pretty scary. There were people immediately behind Jones who may have been hit. I normally side with LEOs, but I really don't see what the officer was concerned with. Jones did exactly as he was told. Perhaps, "my wallet is on the front seat..." But in any event a gross overreaction from the officer, IMO.
    sent from my Lumia Icon Windows Phone using Tapatalk

We live in truly dangerous times...today's gov't police are horrendous and would be incapable of providing services in a free market.

I'm shocked the dashcam video didn't go "missing"

what, no rioting?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    what, no rioting?
    since the officer was fired and is being prosecuted, and the victim was not killed......no

Charged. *yawn*

Let me know when he is SENTENCED to prison.

The cop that shot Candi, the cattle dog in Texas, in the back of the head, was indicted, too. As soon as enough time had passed, the state dropped the charges.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Charged. *yawn*

The cop that shot Candi, the cattle dog in Texas, in the back of the head, was indicted, too. As soon as enough time had passed, the state dropped the charges.
    I simply gave the reasons why I thought there was no rioting....do you disagree?

What a scumbag. How could anyone think this is acceptable behavior?

Edit: Just watched again. Unbelievable. The guy could have easily been hit in the femoral artery and bled out. Easily. The cop also could have actually hit the guy with the other shots fired and the poor innocent man would just be another name on a headline for us to argue "good shoot/bad shoot."

Trooper deserves the highest penalty possible for an attempted murder charge.
    Last edited by The Truth; 09-25-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Im actually on the other side of this one. Ive seen a lot of posted LEO shootings here where i really thought they should've been charged and weren't. That guy darted into his car very abruptly and without warning. This one i felt like that easily could have been a gun he was going for from what i saw in the video.

Well hopefully you're a cop! With cognitive ability like that, you could make it all the way to Chief in no time!

I can't stop shaking my head.
    Last edited by The Truth; 09-25-2014 at 02:13 PM. Reason: This level of cognition is worthy of Chief, not just Captain.

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Im actually on the other side of this one. Ive seen a lot of posted LEO shootings here where i really thought they should've been charged and weren't. That guy darted into his car very abruptly and without warning. This one i felt like that easily could have been a gun he was going for from what i saw in the video.
    I get what your saying and from having guys do it to me in real life I can say its a s**** feeling. But if I shot every person that made a furitive or sudden movement into a car they would run out of body bags.

The operator kind of made a dumb move he way he reached in but that's NO justification to get shot. I think the thing that gets me is the cop told him to get his license. So if you tell someone to get something you shouldn't be blown away (no pun intended) that they made a movement.

If the guy just randomly without prompt reached/dove in the maybe i could see where he was coming from in shooting.

As it stands bad shoot IMO.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Did the trooper run the license plate and possibly get notice that the driver was a registered gun owner. Hence his concern that the driver possessed a weapon? However if that was the case, trooper should have not allowed driver to head back to his vehicle...

This shooting was not justified in my humble opinion.

The victim driver has a great USC 42 section 1983 case...

My .02

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

The officer should have let the man conduct his business, wait for him to leave, and then make a proper traffic stop. I see nothing in the video to indicate this was a proper traffic stop. It appears it was a chance opportunity to write a citation that backfired. There is no place for jittery idiots carrying guns, with badges or without badges.

This officer deserves the stupid award, and should be punished. This poop must stop.

ETA he didn't have time to run the plate.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 09-25-2014 at 02:54 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Charged. *yawn*

After learning about the California Deputy who ran over and killed a bicyclist out of negligence, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the South Carolina Deputy gets the same 'get out of jail free' treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post

If the guy just randomly without prompt reached/dove in the maybe i could see where he was coming from in shooting.

This. He still could have just drawn his weapon and taken quick cover without attempting to murder the man.

μολὼν λαβέ

So? You ask a guy that just got out of his car for a stick of gum and he suddenly and without prior warning turns to reach inside for something. You think you're not going to get charged if you pop a cap in his azzz because you 'were afraid for your life' and you'd been 'taught that anyone you interact with could be the person that kills you'?

Banned
    I dare you to say that to the victim's face.

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayRothbard View Post
    I simply gave the reasons why I thought there was no rioting....do you disagree?
    I wasn't addressing any comments about rioting. My apologies for any confusion.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I wasn't addressing any comments about rioting. My apologies for any confusion.
    It obvious that the cop guilty of shooting this guy. He must be prosectucted. Maybe a little community justice is in order. There is no defensible position in this shooting. I really wouldn't care if he caught one behind the ear some night.

Couple of things to note here - Do not get out of your car if possible. It may have been that the officer approached the victim as the victim was preparing to go into the station?

The second thing is to assume always, you are dealing with a steroid hopped up, shoot 1st question later cop, & move slowly and do not follow STUPID orders. Cop says do this, do that! If you know it may put you in harms ways say to the officer: I don't feel that is safe and explain why as calmly as possible. If he/she/it still insists - much better to face a bogus obstructing etc... charge than end up in the morgue.

That EX-trooper is not fit to run the rigged shoot the star out of the the center of the paper with a BB gun game at the local low end carnival.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

The cop was still shooting after the man had his hands up in the air.

SC really need to review their officer training, as another storm trooper shot an old man reaching for his cane.

Lucky for the citizen the maniac could not hit the side of a barn.

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Im actually on the other side of this one. Ive seen a lot of posted LEO shootings here where i really thought they should've been charged and weren't.
    Ok. Let's see your evidence.

That guy darted into his car very abruptly and without warning. This one i felt like that easily could have been a gun he was going for from what i saw in the video.
    Here's another interpretation...

"With the camera recording, Groubert pulls up without his siren on as Jones is getting out of his vehicle to go into the store. "Can I see your license please?" Groubert asks. As Jones turns and reaches back into his car, Groubert shouts, "Get outa the car, get outa the car." He begins firing before he has finished the second sentence. There is a third shot as Jones staggers away, backing up with his hands raised, and then a fourth. From the first shot to the fourth, the video clicks off three seconds. Jones' wallet can be seen flying out of his hands as he raises them."

Here's my interpretation: The driver followed the cop's directions explicitly. It's unfortunately his wallet was in the car, but is that his fault? No. It's the cop's responsibility to verify the situation and avoid knee-jerk reactions like one clearly observed in the video.

As it is, "Groubert's boss, state Public Safety Director Leroy Smith, called the video "disturbing" and said "Groubert reacted to a perceived threat where there was none" as he fired the officer Friday."
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    ... It's unfortunately his wallet was in the car...
    As opposed to his back pocket, requiring him to sweep his hand behind his back?

Banned
    If you are going to shoot someone just for moving fast into a vehicle, then you'll have to kill every cheating husband who sees his wife in the mall's parking lot. And don't blame him, she cheated on him first !

this guy should be convicted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast