Thread: Amendment 5 Legal Challenge Files

Amendment 5 Legal Challenge Files

http://www.stltoday.com/news/state-a...48f7ee1f7.html

Here we go again .... Now a few people with deep pockets are going to see if they can find one judge willing to overturn the will of 61% of Missouri voters.

Boy, those sound just like the ballot language challenges that came up in July and were denied. We are not making a new right, that part is correct. We are making it super duper extra bright and shiny clear that it's unalienable. In any case, the AG is required to defend the Amendment in his role, so it'll be fun to follow the AG sticking up for gun rights in Missouri...

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post

Here we go again .... Now a few people with deep pockets are going to see if they can find one judge willing to overturn the will of 61% of Missouri voters.

Did the prior rulings pertain to the summary language being vague; and/or the amendment language being vague; and/or the opponents waited to late to have it removed from the ballot?

IIRC...they ruled it was past the time to remove it from the ballot; it was never on the language.
    Last edited by Redbaron007; 09-25-2014 at 03:37 PM.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

It was ruled it was past time, so there was no need to rule on the language. But it was discussed, and the judges basically though they were splitting hairs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, it was ruled to late to challenge. Now if a month or so before the election was too late/too close to the election to challenge the language, wouldn't one think that almost 2 months after more than 60% of Missouri voters said YES to Amendment 5 would be way, way too #@&#% late??

No fear, the good AG Koster will fight this lawsuit rather vigorously as instructed in Amendment 5. Doesn't everyone believe that he will?

Yes, it was ruled to late to challenge. Now if a month or so before the election was too late/too close to the election to challenge the language, wouldn't one think that almost 2 months after more than 60% of Missouri voters said YES to Amendment 5 would be way, way too #@&#% late??
    But this is why they are filing the suit....6 out of 10 Missourian voters are too ignorant to know the difference and therefore the all knowledgeable ones are telling us how stupid we are; we were mislead, provided unreasonable language....subsequently they have to fix our ignorant mistakes!
    ~Mark Twain

Does anyone have a link to the actual filing, or have the ability to send me a pdf of the filing? It would be of great help with the ongoing Oct 25 walk research.

Thank you.

Welcome to Missouri CaseNet!

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do

The case information is: 14AC-CC00501 - D. S DOTSON ET AL V JASON KANDER (E-CASE)

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    Welcome to Missouri CaseNet!

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do

The case information is: 14AC-CC00501 - D. S DOTSON ET AL V JASON KANDER (E-CASE)
    Thank you for the link, but it appears that one cannot get the actual case filing for the case: https://www.courts.mo.gov/pbw/search.do?execution=e1s1

"This case is in a location that is not accepting Pay By Web payments at this time. For assistance, please contact the court."

I guess I will contact the court. In the meanwhile, if anyone else can offer any help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Thank you for the link, but it appears that one cannot get the actual case filing for the case: https://www.courts.mo.gov/pbw/search.do?execution=e1s1

"This case is in a location that is not accepting Pay By Web payments at this time. For assistance, please contact the court."

I guess I will contact the court. In the meanwhile, if anyone else can offer any help, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Casenet may not have it ready for review; other than the docket entries/case header/parties. Casenet is sometimes a lil quirky.
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    But this is why they are filing the suit....6 out of 10 Missourian voters are too ignorant to know the difference and therefore the all knowledgeable ones are telling us how stupid we are; we were mislead, provided unreasonable language....subsequently they have to fix our ignorant mistakes!
    6 out of 10 voters who voted...1 million voted out of ~3.3 million eligible to vote. Not much of a mandate...60% is 60% of those who know and care.

Missouri Amendment 5 (2014)
    Result Votes Percentage
    Yes 602,076 60.97%
    No 385,422 39.03%
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Choosing not to exercise your vote is a vote to let others decide. Of those who care enough about the state's governance to make the minimal effort it takes to vote, 60% voted yes on Amendment 5. So yes, indeed a mandate among those who chose not to let others decide for them.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    6 out of 10 voters who voted...1 million voted out of ~3.3 million eligible to vote. Not much of a mandate...60% is 60% of those who know and care.

Missouri Amendment 5 (2014)
    Result Votes Percentage
    Yes 602,076 60.97%
    No 385,422 39.03%

IIRC....the voter turnout for this August primary was higher than anticipated in most area's. I think they predicted 12-15% turnout down here; when it was closer to 22-25%.

According to Dotson, the 602k that voted for it are the majority ignorants (sp) of the voting populous!
    ~Mark Twain

IIRC....the voter turnout for this August primary was higher than anticipated in most area's. I think they predicted 12-15% turnout down here; when it was closer to 22-25%.

According to Dotson, the 602k that voted for it are the majority ignorants (sp) of the voting populous!
    Dotson should ponder the meaning of the stone/glass house thing. His words may come back to haunt him in a court of civil law.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Dotson should ponder the meaning of the stone/glass house thing. His words may come back to haunt him in a court of civil law.

So true!! Although, I would like to see it bite hard and deep!!
    ~Mark Twain

Can you be more specific?

Can you be more specific?
    Dotson made a statement regarding the passage of Amendment 5.

http://stlchiefdotsonblog.blogspot.com

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08/...chief-worried/

http://www.examiner.com/article/poli...ghts-alienable

http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion...32209bf06.html

Chief Dotson is no friend of our inalienable right nor is he a friend of the citizenry exercising their inalienable right to defend themselves as they deem appropriate.

BB62, your efforts on behalf of Missouri citizens will be long remembered by some, if not many, our humble gratitude will not likely be thanks enough. I hope to see you in late October.

...I hope to see you in late October.
    I hope so too.

Thanks for the links. I'll check them out tomorrow as it's late.

Are you signed up for the walk?

Poor little chiefie is pouting and having a hissy fit because the people out side of the city passed Amendment 5. A quote of his from one of the articles below. But he thinks it is just fine for the city to drive what happens in out state MO.

Noting that 71 percent of St. Louis voters rejected the amendment, "Dotson says it’s unfortunate that rural Missouri sometimes gets to drive what happens in the city."
    Last edited by 9026543; 10-01-2014 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Poor little chiefie is pouting and having a hissy fit because the people out side of the city passed Amendment 5. A quote of his from one of the articles below. But he thinks it is just fine for the city to drive what happens in out state MO.

Noting that 71 percent of St. Louis voters rejected the amendment, "Dotson says itís unfortunate that rural Missouri sometimes gets to drive what happens in the city."
    Obviously Dotson is anti-liberty and anti-citizen since he is sounding the liberal anti-gun mantra "The gun is the problem, not the gun user." Dotson believes that infringing gun rights affecting all will reduce gun crime that affects a few.

Hey Chief! How about focusing on the base crime(s) of assault and homicide. If a weapon is used armed criminal action (add on charge by the way, RSMo 571.015) will stick.

It sounds like Chief Dotson is complaining about the courts not upholding the arrests his department makes; so it is Amendment 5's fault.....it hasn't even taken effect yet......what a cry baby.

It's funny how he cries about the state passing A5 and STL didn't......look what happens when it is reversed....we get Clair!
    ~Mark Twain

It sounds like Chief Dotson is complaining about the courts not upholding the arrests his department makes; so it is Amendment 5's fault.....it hasn't even taken effect yet...
    (my bold)

When is it you understand Amendment 5 to take effect?

(my bold)

When is it you understand Amendment 5 to take effect?
    It has now....but his comments referred back to when it wasn't even applicable. These are some of the same comments he made during the regular session. IIRC, before it was even passed during the session.

My apologies if I was a little unclear......I thought everyone knew what I was thinking, as I typed!
    Again, sorry for any confusion.
    ~Mark Twain