Thread: Oyster run

Oyster run

http://www.oysterrun.org/

The Oyster Run for 2014 is this weekend, sunday. The Whatcom County group will have a booth for the day. If you are in the area, stop by.
    How many of you will be attending the Run??Anacourtes is gun friendly as NavyLTC can verify. A great town.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Sounds like a good time. But, shall likely be self medicating a self poisoning after my 30th on Saturday. Have fun!

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    I've done the Oyster Run several times and love it. But alas……am working a 72 hour shift this weekend.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

The Oyster Run was great. SVG and I did a lot of business. We had only four Open Carriers at the run. One had a very pretty .44 cowboy rig, and a group of three walked up on us. SVG convinced one CCer to just put the T shirt on the other side of the grip, and away went a new open carrier. I spoke to only one person, ONE person, who was NOT concealing. Everyone had guns.

Lots of very nice bikes and many, many 2A supporters. We reminded everyone to vote.

Many Canadians came up to us and warned us about losing our weapons. "I wish I could own a gun." was a common complaint. "They just came and took them. " Was another. Canada, Australia, England.......and bloomy is trying to make us like them.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Great post Sarge!

Was loads of fun. Bikers tend to love freedom.

I was dissapointed about a minority of those gun owners who think 594 is a good idea.....it was a very small minority.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Great post Sarge!

Was loads of fun. Bikers tend to love freedom.

I was dissapointed about a minority of those gun owners who think 594 is a good idea.....it was a very small minority.
    Sarge!!! that is Master Sargent Laigaie to you, ya whippersnapper.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    +1

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    their on a first name basis...and you're jealous!!

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 09-29-2014 at 09:56 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    The Oyster Run was great. SVG and I did a lot of business. We had only four Open Carriers at the run. One had a very pretty .44 cowboy rig, and a group of three walked up on us. SVG convinced one CCer to just put the T shirt on the other side of the grip, and away went a new open carrier. I spoke to only one person, ONE person, who was NOT concealing. Everyone had guns.
    If we ever get an OC religion going(), we've got to have you guys training the "missionaries".
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...igion-and-guns

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Lots of very nice bikes and many, many 2A supporters. We reminded everyone to vote.

Many Canadians came up to us and warned us about losing our weapons. "I wish I could own a gun." was a common complaint. "They just came and took them. " Was another. Canada, Australia, England.......and bloomy is trying to make us like them.
    The warning does not fall on deaf ears; for the moment or the near future, I hope.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    If we ever get an OC religion going(), we've got to have you guys training the "missionaries".:

The warning does not fall on deaf ears; for the moment or the near future, I hope.
    Are we all not "missionary's" for the 2A? Every time we get up early and go somewhere to erect a pop-up with banners and tell/show people they are "allowed" to carry. Every time we have a picnic. Every time we go to a rally and Every time we vote.

The Warning................................"it can't happen here........this is America.........just a few laws more and we can all be "safe"........"

".....Shall NOT be infringed......"

Early morning setting up.

Not long after...

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    their on a first name basis...and you're jealous!!

ipse

LOL I consider both of them friends, we are all on a first name basis, wives included, and have been for years. Just having some fun with SVG, I am quite sure he will get even later.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.