Thread: MDA is making its way to colorado

MDA is making its way to colorado

And they coming after us, yup the oc'ers.
    They come in thru sneaky ways like on facebook.
    Look up grand junction gun club.
    Sneaky name with a nasty agenda.
    Feel free to drop in and let them have some.
    I was... And I got banned. I guess I saw thru their incoherent babble and catchy phrases so they banned me from commenting.

A lesson in basic philosophy, a name is not the thing, but only a label.

A lesson from my QM studies, just this evening, of the states of a coin represented by the vectors |T> and |H>, H and T are merely convenient names and could as easily be represented by the vectors |1> and |0> or |up> and |down>.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Wow! What kind of guns do they have in that club?
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by lukaszu View Post
    And they coming after us, yup the oc'ers.
    They come in thru sneaky ways like on facebook.
    Look up grand junction gun club.
    Sneaky name with a nasty agenda.
    Feel free to drop in and let them have some.
    I was... And I got banned. I guess I saw thru their incoherent babble and catchy phrases so they banned me from commenting.
    I did. Doesn't look like any pro-gun club I've ever seen. I'm highly inclined to believe they're a plant.

To be fair, several thousand people hijacked Bloomberg's Anytown effort by creating FB pages. Looks like this is turnabout.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Perhaps I'm missing something. When I search for "grand junction gun club" what I find is the "Rocky Mountain Gun Club" which looks to be an indoor range and it even has a street address given.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInCO View Post
    Perhaps I'm missing something. When I search for "grand junction gun club" what I find is the "Rocky Mountain Gun Club" which looks to be an indoor range and it even has a street address given.
    Here is the web page

http://grandjunctiongunclub.com/

Definitely looks like a Bloomie operation in disguise, especially with the Newtown photo and the "Not one more" cards.

That "Not one more" slogan is the exact one written on the cards of the MAD moms event down here in Tucson some months back, as well as the slogan they spelled out for their photo op with the media.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 09-27-2014 at 08:30 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Oh, yeah. Definitely.

*runs off to get some eyeball bleach.

It's probably a good thing google didn't find that.

Thanks for the link. All I had was the one on Facebook.

They claim, "We are so aggrieved about the mass shootings in our country that we cannot sit on the sidelines any more. We are taking action."

Who isn't aggrieved? The difference between the "Grand Junction 'Gun Club'" and the rest of us is that the rest of us are embracing tools like ration, reason, facts, statistics, and sound judgement, for all the reasons mentioned repeatedly throughout OCDO and many other genuine supporters of our right to keep and bear arms.

The very fact they revert to subterfuge in a pathetic attempt to get eyeballs on their target indicates they're desperate for attention. Might have something to do with the 86% of Americans who SUPPORT our right to keep and bear arms....
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I read recently somewhere (I will have to look it up and cite, it was around the time Target fell to Bloomie's tactics, I will edit when I find it) that Bloomie's $50M contribution only got 6 or 7 major corporations to ban firearms at their stores, but it backfired on him when something like 57,000 businesses decided to support carry in their stores! Yeah!!! I've yet to see any signs in Target stores here in CO and continue to carry there. I only go to Target if I must, prefer Pro-Gun biz like Wal-mart and Kroger.

Quote Originally Posted by Keens View Post
    I read recently somewhere (I will have to look it up and cite, it was around the time Target fell to Bloomie's tactics, I will edit when I find it) that Bloomie's $50M contribution only got 6 or 7 major corporations to ban firearms at their stores, but it backfired on him when something like 57,000 businesses decided to support carry in their stores! Yeah!!! I've yet to see any signs in Target stores here in CO and continue to carry there. I only go to Target if I must, prefer Pro-Gun biz like Wal-mart and Kroger.
    I recall reading a brief statement by a Kroger exec who basically said they're aware of the push by Bloomberg and MDA, but they had instead chosen to allow carry commensurate with local and state law. Most stores, including Walmart, mention the latter part alone. I raised eyebrows when the Kroger exec paired their decision with the Bloomberg/MDA push, as it clearly indicate their push had something to do with Kroger's decision.

I think Target caved as a result of their heritage, having started in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It's not New York, but I'm sure there's some cold, big city identification going on.