Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: tone argument

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    212

    tone argument

    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Tone_argument

    I've noticed this used here quite a bit.

  2. #2
    Regular Member J_dazzle23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    675
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

    ^^^add this to your list^^^

  3. #3
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

    ^^^add this to your list^^^
    "A reverse tone troll can be used to compare you, the "good" objector, to strawman "bad" objectors. At least you're not like those uppity objectors."

    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  4. #4
    Regular Member J_dazzle23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    "A reverse tone troll can be used to compare you, the "good" objector, to strawman "bad" objectors. At least you're not like those uppity objectors."

    To the op: you said you wanted to help people to adjust their thinking. I highly recommend the book "how to win friends and influence people" by carnegie.
    Last edited by J_dazzle23; 09-26-2014 at 12:54 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  6. #6
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Tone_argument

    I've noticed this used here quite a bit.
    Yes, but not everyone pointing out issues with your presentation are using that to dismiss your arguments. Several here agree with your arguments, even openly, but still find fault with your presentation at times.
    Advocate freedom please

  7. #7
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Yes, but not everyone pointing out issues with your presentation are using that to dismiss your arguments. Several here agree with your arguments, even openly, but still find fault with your presentation at times.
    I was patiently waiting for someone to make this point so it didn't have to be me. Thanks for not letting me down!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •