• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Killed For Open Carry /// I'm Done

solus

plan B sorry as mentioned previously did grapeshot fail at getting your membership cancellation paperwork to you so you could drop out and move on with GS21?

ipse

Michigander

Whao Whao, where did you see anything about this guy being a MOC Leader?

I've never even seen him post before or heard of him, and as a member of MOC myself, I highly doubt any of us...especially someone at the top would say crazy things like this about OC being counterproductive, etc. :banghead:

Didn't notice how many of us have picked up on the Pat vibe? Maybe there is a small chance we're wrong but the sock puppet trolling fits his sop perfectly, especially the almost enough caution to avoid being noticed, and claiming to know who pat is and claiming to have oc'd for years but not adamantly denying to be him when it is brought up.

A little computer knowledge and you can manage to troll any forum by hiding where you're at. He's done it for many years, and it's got him banned from a lot of forums, including this one. Nothing has ever stopped him from having a bunch of accounts, and I wonder if anything ever will.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...n-Open-Letter-to-CV67Pat-and-All-Who-Know-Him

MikeTheGreek

Didn't notice how many of us have picked up on the Pat vibe? Maybe there is a small chance we're wrong but the sock puppet trolling fits his sop perfectly, especially the almost enough caution to avoid being noticed, and claiming to know who pat is and claiming to have oc'd for years but not adamantly denying to be him when it is brought up.

A little computer knowledge and you can manage to troll any forum by hiding where you're at. He's done it for many years, and it's got him banned from a lot of forums, including this one. Nothing has ever stopped him from having a bunch of accounts, and I wonder if anything ever will.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...n-Open-Letter-to-CV67Pat-and-All-Who-Know-Him

Yeah, I haven't been around long enough to know who Pat it, but I read the post you linked to and it makes sense. It takes a special kind of pathetic to spend so much time trying to mess with people on the internet.

At least I feel better knowing this guy is just a troll!

The Truth

Yeah, I haven't been around long enough to know who Pat it, but I read the post you linked to and it makes sense. It takes a special kind of pathetic to spend so much time trying to mess with people on the internet.

At least I feel better knowing this guy is just a troll!

Well honestly there's one person who thinks OP has a "Pat vibe" to it. There's no evidence that I can tell. This is so silly.

Michigander

Well honestly there's one person who thinks OP has a "Pat vibe" to it. There's no evidence that I can tell. This is so silly.

No there are numerous people, all who have been here for many years who suspect it, and I would guess many more who are staying quiet for any number of reasons.

He does have his own forum to use, moc's that is, and Facebook, with plenty of people to talk to. It would seem prudent and agreeable for him to do as he pleases there and to leave ocdo in peace.

I would welcome being wrong. It would be nice if Pat was operating within the rules, and I'd be happy enough if he just left this forum alone.

The Truth

No there are numerous people, all who have been here for many years who suspect it, and I would guess many more who are staying quiet for any number of reasons.

He does have his own forum to use, moc's that is, and Facebook, with plenty of people to talk to. It would seem prudent and agreeable for him to do as he pleases there and to leave ocdo in peace.

I would welcome being wrong. It would be nice if Pat was operating within the rules, and I'd be happy enough if he just left this forum alone.

So basically, you believe Plan B is a member of MOC named "Pat" who is actually against gun rights, and uses his position to troll pro-gun internet forums under a different moniker every few months after he gets banned? And no one in real life who is a member of MOC can do anything about it?

This sounds ridiculous. Not saying I don't believe you...but it's a little difficult...

Michigander

So basically, you believe Plan B is a member of MOC named "Pat" who is actually against gun rights, and uses his position to troll pro-gun internet forums under a different moniker every few months after he gets banned? And no one in real life who is a member of MOC can do anything about it?

This sounds ridiculous. Not saying I don't believe you...but it's a little difficult...

There is no question about his history of these things, only if he has now stopped, which puts in perspective the gravity of the fact moc members voted him into leadership.

Michigander

What is your point or goal? Clearly antis are generally violent statists who see statist violence against dissidents as the muscle they keep via the evil that is democracy and paying taxes. Anyone who has been in this game as long as you or I and actually has made a habit of ocing knows that from experience, most often times from one of said violence loving punks calling the cops on us and then having all hell break loose.

You knew these things long ago. So what's with harping on it now?

Plan B

Banned
What is your point or goal? Clearly antis are generally violent statists who see statist violence against dissidents as the muscle they keep via the evil that is democracy and paying taxes. Anyone who has been in this game as long as you or I and actually has made a habit of ocing knows that from experience, most often times from one of said violence loving punks calling the cops on us and then having all hell break loose.

You knew these things long ago. So what's with harping on it now?

The goal is the same as it has always been. To keep people safe.

J_dazzle23

The goal is the same as it has always been. To keep people safe.
I highly doubt legally open carried handguns have caused more killings of the oc'er than prevented death due to a BG.

Let's see some stats. Honest request

The Truth

Not a single note of denial... pretty sad you couldn't even last 4 months intentionally hiding behind an alias. Haha!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Can't shoot first and ask questions later either. Where are you suggesting the line is?

<snip>.

A good question.

Would/should one a) wait until the opposition is in a position of almost absolute tactical advantage ? No, I don't think so.

What would they do to you? Put you in prison...you escape, living out in the woods, living off the land .... nice

Plan B

Banned
I highly doubt legally open carried handguns have caused more killings of the oc'er than prevented death due to a BG.

Let's see some stats. Honest request

I try to get people to carry guns for defense against harm,whether it be from a criminal in a hoodie, a suit, or costume jewelry. I do this to keep people I'll likely never meet again, safe. I promoted OC over CC because until recently, it is the best way to promote gun rights. It is also the most effective and efficient method of carry. I say until recently, because since the anti crowd has decided to OC in order to get policy in place and people in a tizzy. People are sick of it. So are businesses. And because the police force has devolved into such a militant little gang, that even state and federal legislative bodies are moving against them. People have called out for the execution of open carriers, publicly on forums, blogs and the like. Police have joked about it on their forums. The dramatic increase in police violence as of late has now left a bloody body in a department store for playing with a toy.

I can't recommend to someone to go out and do something that might get them hurt or killed like that. OC is no longer the safest way to carry. The people are sick of it, lawmakers dont care about your rights, and the police might exercise "officer safety".

Why do we have to have more OC deaths than BG deaths to be taken seriously??? I really can't take that question seriously. Except to illuminate it for everyone to see in a different light.

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

I try to get people to carry guns for defense against harm,whether it be from a criminal in a hoodie, a suit, or costume jewelry. I do this to keep people I'll likely never meet again, safe. I promoted OC over CC because until recently, it is the best way to promote gun rights. It is also the most effective and efficient method of carry. I say until recently, because since the anti crowd has decided to OC in order to get policy in place and people in a tizzy. People are sick of it. So are businesses. And because the police force has devolved into such a militant little gang, that even state and federal legislative bodies are moving against them. People have called out for the execution of open carriers, publicly on forums, blogs and the like. Police have joked about it on their forums. The dramatic increase in police violence as of late has now left a bloody body in a department store for playing with a toy.

I can't recommend to someone to go out and do something that might get them hurt or killed like that. OC is no longer the safest way to carry. The people are sick of it, lawmakers dont care about your rights, and the police might exercise "officer safety".

Why do we have to have more OC deaths than BG deaths to be taken seriously??? I really can't take that question seriously. Except to illuminate it for everyone to see in a different light.
I think you are letting your fear get the. Best of you. First, I think the internet has a fantastic way of making us feel like something very rare Is commonplace. Violence against open carried handgun folks just doesn't happen irl hardly EVER. Just because someone says something on the internet doesn't mean it will happen irl.

Secondly, how police and legislation approaches it is, imo, clearly dependent on where you live. I've been in utah and montana, and Leo's and lawmakers alike have prove traditionally to be very 2nd amendment friendly.

Lastly, responsible citizens open carrying is one of the best ways to change public perception on the act of taking responsibility for your own safety.

Can you really tell me that you are suggesting people discontinue a constitutionally protected right based on what people say on Internet forums? Internet=/= real life.

There are 300 million people in this country.....I see it as spectacularly small odds that I'm gonna get Shot for carrying my glock 19 in a civil manner in walmart. Far more likely I will need it in self defense from a bg.

Primus

I think you are letting your fear get the. Best of you. First, I think the internet has a fantastic way of making us feel like something very rare Is commonplace. Violence against open carried handgun folks just doesn't happen irl hardly EVER. Just because someone says something on the internet doesn't mean it will happen irl.

Secondly, how police and legislation approaches it is, imo, clearly dependent on where you live. I've been in utah and montana, and Leo's and lawmakers alike have prove traditionally to be very 2nd amendment friendly.

Lastly, responsible citizens open carrying is one of the best ways to change public perception on the act of taking responsibility for your own safety.

Can you really tell me that you are suggesting people discontinue a constitutionally protected right based on what people say on Internet forums? Internet=/= real life.

There are 300 million people in this country.....I see it as spectacularly small odds that I'm gonna get Shot for carrying my glock 19 in a civil manner in walmart. Far more likely I will need it in self defense from a bg.
Good point on it depends where you live in regards to legislation and LE. In more "liberal" states the legislation and LE are not as pro 2a.

Now here's a serious question... 1) is that a direct reflection of the citizens that live there? And 2) if so, does that mean its working correctly?

Here's my thought... Take MA for example. While the gun laws are better then some other states, they are a far cry from being constitutional carry. Why? Well our legislature is thoroughly blue. Most mayors/towns are thoroughly blue. The citizens themselves are very state dependant (unfortunately). So they are OK with bad gun laws.

Now if you transplanted the same set of laws to say... Utah or Nevada. It would NEVER hold up. The citizens there are not be ok with it.

The Truth

"OC is no longer the safest way to carry," - says who, you? Can you prove this with anything except talking out of your hind parts? "more OC deaths?" Please cite at least 5 legal OC deaths from this year. You are basing your life practices on forum posts. And we should heed that paranoid, irrational advice? Uhhh, no. You shouldn't even be posting here, and hopefully you get banned.

Also, please stop being disingenuous about the John Crawford III murder. He was not legally OCing a pistol. He was playing with a BB rifle that he picked up off a shelf. You are clearly trying to misrespresent that story to fit your agenda, and it's truly disturbing.

FTG-05

What is "moc"?

Can I say the OP is an idiot without violating the forum rules?