• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lady in PA who crossed into NJ not going to be convicted of a crime

Rusty Young Man

What kind of example will this set for future generations?

It was bad enough that football jock got all that grief for knocking out his girlfriend (which shouldn't have been a big deal, seeing as she should have just gotten up after taking the beating from a hulking athlete) but now this mother who armed herself to protect herself and her children gets let go without being made into a felon? What is this country coming to?
/End thick, heavy, dripping, sarcasm.

[video=youtube;yvNyLyKeBLg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvNyLyKeBLg[/video]
Note about the video: this is the most frustrated I've ever seen Mr. Colionnoir; though he is a CCer and an NRA commentator, his videos are generally well-argued, thoughtful, and plain-spoken, so I've shown them to family and colleagues on occasion.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

See. The system is completely broken.
Yep its broken.

It should have never got that far. No victim no crime. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed and all that.
SVG plants another one on Primus. It should NEVER have gotten as far as it did. Does anyone think for a moment that the young woman hasn't been burdened with thousands of dollars in legal fees for this 'crime without a victim'?

The Truth

So what charge did she plea to? Did she plead no contest to the original charge and get rewarded with PTI, meaning she will still have a felony for a short time but will be out $1,000s to get it expunged, or what? PTI is not cheap.

countryclubjoe

From my understanding, over 100k was raised for her defense team. Hopefully now she can move on with her life and continue to exercise her right to defend herself and her family.

Regards.

CCJ

OC for ME

In NJ, exercising a right requires intervention. :rolleyes:

Any justice system would ignore any LAC who has a permit to carry a gun and so chooses to carry that gun. but this is the NE and they do not have just any justice system.

Cops would likely do their job and feel bad about it...learning that she got off there by alleviating them of being the only reason she was subjected to the ordeal in the first place.

Or, the cop is likely thinking it really is her fault after all and he cop was just doing his job. Or, he just could not care any less and likely forgot all about the criminal after he busted her lawbreaking azz. Got home safely at the end of his shift, cuz that is all that really matters these days, and had a few beers with his buddies, enjoyed a laugh over the nitwits they run across during the last shift.

sudden valley gunner

I think that she accepted the bargain. Its not something that can be forced upon you.

The threats levied by the prosecutor having the backing of the violent coercive state is pretty akin often times to forcing someone to a plea. Also taking the chances with a brain dead statist jury of NJ.

Much like the confession of a person on the rack wasn't really forced to confess. ;)