Thread: Colorado High School Students Protest History Censoship

Colorado High School Students Protest History Censoship

More than 1,000 students throughout Colorado protested on Thursday.

Link.

"All week, Jefferson County, Colorado, high school students have walked out of their classes to protest proposed AP History curriculum changes that they say censors American history by downplaying the legacy of civil disobedience."

Ironically, by walking out of their classes, they're engaging in precisely the same kind of civil disobedience the new AP curricula is trying to hide. How's that for irony!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I'm proud of them. I read a few quotes of students, they sounded like they really got it. Sounds like they won't be fooled into thinking nationalism is patriotism.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...l-disobedience
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Ironically, by walking out of their classes, they're engaging in precisely the same kind of civil disobedience the new AP curricula is trying to hide. How's that for irony!
    While ironic, that's the very message the students are trying to send. I have some friends in those walkouts, so this hits pretty close to home.

History is written by the victors. 'Common Sense' charges us to remember "the past" or be damned to repeat it.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Oh if that were the only thing being left out of public education history curriculum...