Thread: Oklahoma Beheader Linked to Al Qaeda Imam Awlaki at Tsarnaev Boston Bomber's Mosque

Oklahoma Beheader Linked to Al Qaeda Imam Awlaki at Tsarnaev Boston Bomber's Mosque

Suhaib Webb, an Imam with ties to former Al Qaeda mastermind Anwar al-Awlaki, had also previously been the leader of the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City, which had been attended by Alton Nolen -- the man who on Thursday beheaded a former coworker after recently converting to Islam, ...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...-Leader-Awlaki

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...cal-imam-with/

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/okl.../26/id/597231/

Local newspaper McCurtain Gazette reports (no online edition is available):

A classmate of Nolen's, who didn't wish to be identified, told this newspaper that he spoke to a close family member of Nolen's today.

He told this newspaper that according to the family member, Nolen was telling coworkers Thursday of an Islamic teaching that said women should be stoned for an offense, and that an argument followed the mark, Nolen was later fired and returned later Thursday, when he beheaded Colleen Hufford, the family member said. http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/brea...-stoning-women
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-27-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I am not surprised and do not doubt the accuracy of the reporting.

That being said, there is almost no chance of there being a domestic US terrorist attack by any racial minority or muslim prior to January 20, 2017. Workplace violence, lone wolf attacks, disenfranchised immigrant bombings, random gang violence coincidentally directed at Christians, Jews or caucasians, undocumented immigrant attacks in reaction to a xenophobic America and maybe even some bombings, rioting, shooting and gang beatings to demand social justice, but no terrorist attacks before then.

So he knew a guy who knew a guy who knew a Taliban leader. Cool. WAR JUSTIFIED!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    What? I dont't think anyone is discussing the matters of the OP in that context. The issue here is the govt once again, like at Ft Hood, immediately labeling this workplace violence with a nothing to see here move along attitude.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    What? I dont't think anyone is discussing the matters of the OP in that context. The issue here is the govt once again, like at Ft Hood, immediately labeling this workplace violence with a nothing to see here move along attitude.
    I agree .. next, they'll say that "joe, who killed bill, passed by a mosque right before the killing"

That being said, there is almost no chance of there being a domestic US terrorist attack by any racial minority or muslim prior to January 20, 2017. Workplace violence, lone wolf attacks, disenfranchised immigrant bombings, random gang violence coincidentally directed at Christians, Jews or caucasians, undocumented immigrant attacks in reaction to a xenophobic America and maybe even some bombings, rioting, shooting and gang beatings to demand social justice, but no terrorist attacks before then.
    It's the why that defines terrorism, not what, or how many. A single man beheading a single woman at her workplace is every bit as much terrorism as murdering nearly 3,000 people on 9/11/2001, provided the intent is "to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal." I would expand that definition to include "political, religious, or philosophic goal." The point isn't the nature of the goal. The point is that anyone would use terror as a means of coercing others. That's terrorism. The beheading of the woman in Oklahoma is most certainly terrorism.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I know, I was just especially crotchety last night.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    It's the why that defines terrorism, not what, or how many. A single man beheading a single woman at her workplace is every bit as much terrorism as murdering nearly 3,000 people on 9/11/2001, provided the intent is "to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal." I would expand that definition to include "political, religious, or philosophic goal." The point isn't the nature of the goal. The point is that anyone would use terror as a means of coercing others. That's terrorism. The beheading of the woman in Oklahoma is most certainly terrorism.
    I certainly agree with your definition and strongly suspect that your conclusion is correct as well. Whether successful in causing terror, it certainly seems the intent was to mimic the recent acts of ISIS and try to cause terror making it indeed an act of terrorism.

I know, I was just especially crotchety last night.
    We all have our moments.

Whatever works, the porkophobics have been begging for it for a long time.

Time to load up on some Jihawg ammo.

I certainly agree with your definition and strongly suspect that your conclusion is correct as well. Whether successful in causing terror, it certainly seems the intent was to mimic the recent acts of ISIS and try to cause terror making it indeed an act of terrorism.
    Your comment brings up another interesting point, that most people involved in terrorism honestly believe their actions will advance their goal. That, of course, is false. Unfortunately, years of indoctrination to the contrary have made them believe without question that such acts will actually help their cause. Seven years in Gitmo, followed by the immediate resumption of their activities when Obama traded the "the five" tells me they're well beyond any sort of rehabilitation.

I'm not so sure the Oklahoma hatchet man was trying to emulate ISIS. Beheadings are a fundamental tenet of Islam itself, as clearly stated in the Qur'an 8:12 and 47:4: "...you will behead non-Muslims."

Remember the London hack job? That happened before ISIS hit the evening news. Untold millions of beheadings over the last 1,400 years indicate the problem is endemic at the source.
    Last edited by since9; 10-02-2014 at 01:23 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    why not just round up all the muslims, like we did with the japansese in WWII? Hey, the court decisions OKing this is still the law.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I'm not so sure the Oklahoma hatchet man was trying to emulate ISIS. Beheadings are a fundamental tenet of Islam itself, as clearly stated in the Qur'an 8:12 and 47:4: "...you will behead non-Muslims."

Remember the London hack job? That happened before ISIS hit the evening news. Untold millions of beheadings over the last 1,400 years indicate the problem is endemic at the source.
    Agreed. I had the ISIS attacks on the brain due to reports about his having ISIS propaganda on his computer.

I don't care who he was aligned with, violence is violence. And nothing will ever change that or stop violence from happening, especially when people are forced to be unarmed victims.

They can call it whatever they want to as long as people's rights are not violated in the name of some nut job.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

CC while on the job and risk termination, or not CC, and risk termination. Hmm...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I truly feel for my fellow citizens who must work some place which restricts your right to be armed, often completely disarming employees even in parking lots. This is one reason I am grateful to be president and majority share holder. I get to set the firearm policy for the company and the policy says I can carry a gun.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."