Thread: Attempted armed robbery of Canton gas station - OCing clerk returns fire, killing two

Attempted armed robbery of Canton gas station - OCing clerk returns fire, killing two

From The Blaze:

Customers and coworkers of an Ohio gas station clerk, shot twice while defending the store against armed robbers earlier this week, have nothing but good things to say about Lance.
    What the open-carry clerk did is fire back at the three suspects — two of whom died after running from the Marathon gas station in Canton. A third suspect remains at large following Monday night’s incident
    “Everybody that comes in here knows that all the employees here carry, you know and we don’t understand,” Lance’s coworker Pat told WJW. “These people couldn’t be from this neighborhood, cause it’s just something that you don’t see happening here. Everybody that comes in knows that Lance open carries.”
    Fox 8 (Cleveland):
    3 Articles

Quote Originally Posted by The Blaze Article
    “If you come into the store and you don’t have enough to cover, Lance would take it out of his pocket,” Pat told the station.

That might have been a wiser approach for the robbers, who police said were wearing masks when they entered the store, attempted to rob it, and exchanged gunfire with the clerk. Surveillance video provided to WJW captures gunfire outside the store.
    Typical leftist response: Don't try defending yourself, just do as they tell you and hope they don't decide to beat/rape/murder you and/or your loved ones.

Edit:
    I misread this part:
    “If you come into the store and you don’t have enough to cover, Lance would take it out of his pocket,” Pat told the station.

That might have been a wiser approach for the robbers, who police said were wearing masks when they entered the store, attempted to rob it, and exchanged gunfire with the clerk. Surveillance video provided to WJW captures gunfire outside the store."
    As "That might have been a wiser approach TO the robbers..."

This is what happens when I speed-read between experiments and/or classes. My bad. Editing prior post.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 09-28-2014 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Edit: I misread part of the article.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Another reason why staff should be allowed to OC at work. Only thing i'm glad about is the gas tanks werent hit by bullets. That would have been just a slight problem :O
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Typical leftist response: Don't try defending yourself, just do as they tell you and hope they don't decide to beat/rape/murder you and/or your loved ones.
    That's not how I read that at all.

I read it as "If they needed money that bad, they could have just asked - he probably would have happily helped them out if he thought they needed it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndsy Simon View Post
    That's not how I read that at all.

I read it as "If they needed money that bad, they could have just asked - he probably would have happily helped them out if he thought they needed it."
    You are correct; I misread this part:

That might have been a wiser approach for the robbers, who police said were wearing masks when they entered the store, attempted to rob it, and exchanged gunfire with the clerk. Surveillance video provided to WJW captures gunfire outside the store."

As "That might have been a wiser approach TO the robbers..."

This is what happens when I speed-read between experiments and/or classes. My bad. Editing prior post.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 09-28-2014 at 12:39 AM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    Another reason why staff should be allowed to OC at work. Only thing i'm glad about is the gas tanks werent hit by bullets. That would have been just a slight problem :O
    All good! Just would a been a leak. Mythbusters ruined that for me :/

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    All good! Just would a been a leak. Mythbusters ruined that for me :/
    Ahh. I don't watch TV. The very few times i'm by a TV when the news is on I watch just to laugh and shake my head that people are dumb enough to swallow the propaganda they spew hook, line and sinker.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile