• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attempted armed robbery of Canton gas station - OCing clerk returns fire, killing two

Lyndsy Simon

From The Blaze:

Customers and coworkers of an Ohio gas station clerk, shot twice while defending the store against armed robbers earlier this week, have nothing but good things to say about Lance.

What the open-carry clerk did is fire back at the three suspects — two of whom died after running from the Marathon gas station in Canton. A third suspect remains at large following Monday night’s incident

“Everybody that comes in here knows that all the employees here carry, you know and we don’t understand,” Lance’s coworker Pat told WJW. “These people couldn’t be from this neighborhood, cause it’s just something that you don’t see happening here. Everybody that comes in knows that Lance open carries.”

Fox 8 (Cleveland):
3 Articles

Rusty Young Man

The Blaze Article said:
“If you come into the store and you don’t have enough to cover, Lance would take it out of his pocket,” Pat told the station.

That might have been a wiser approach for the robbers, who police said were wearing masks when they entered the store, attempted to rob it, and exchanged gunfire with the clerk. Surveillance video provided to WJW captures gunfire outside the store.

Typical leftist response: Don't try defending yourself, just do as they tell you and hope they don't decide to beat/rape/murder you and/or your loved ones.

Edit:
I misread this part:
“If you come into the store and you don’t have enough to cover, Lance would take it out of his pocket,” Pat told the station.

That might have been a wiser approach for the robbers, who police said were wearing masks when they entered the store, attempted to rob it, and exchanged gunfire with the clerk. Surveillance video provided to WJW captures gunfire outside the store."
As "That might have been a wiser approach TO the robbers..."

This is what happens when I speed-read between experiments and/or classes. My bad.:( Editing prior post.

Last edited:

rightwinglibertarian

Another reason why staff should be allowed to OC at work. Only thing i'm glad about is the gas tanks werent hit by bullets. That would have been just a slight problem :O

Lyndsy Simon

Typical leftist response: Don't try defending yourself, just do as they tell you and hope they don't decide to beat/rape/murder you and/or your loved ones.

That's not how I read that at all.

I read it as "If they needed money that bad, they could have just asked - he probably would have happily helped them out if he thought they needed it."

Rusty Young Man

That's not how I read that at all.

I read it as "If they needed money that bad, they could have just asked - he probably would have happily helped them out if he thought they needed it."

You are correct; I misread this part:

That might have been a wiser approach for the robbers, who police said were wearing masks when they entered the store, attempted to rob it, and exchanged gunfire with the clerk. Surveillance video provided to WJW captures gunfire outside the store."

As "That might have been a wiser approach TO the robbers..."

This is what happens when I speed-read between experiments and/or classes. My bad.:( Editing prior post.

Last edited: