Thread: How gun control made england the 'most violent country in europe'

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Seattle WA

How gun control made england the 'most violent country in europe'

Interesting read

Gun control in Britain passed in stages, beginning just after World War I and continuing in a reactionary fashion with increasing strictness through the 1990s.
    When the final stage arrived in 1997, and virtually all handguns were banned via the Firearms Act, the promise was a reduction in crime and greater safety for the British people. But the result was the emergence of Britain as the "most violent country in Europe."
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Bandera, TX
    Great read!! It's interesting to note that in the mid to late 1800's, firearm ownership and carrying was far more prevailant in England than it was in the American "Wild West", yet crime was virtually none existent back then. In part, I believe that firearm ownership in the UK actually became a victim of its own success--in a sense.

It's also annoying to me (being born and raised in the UK) that many in the USA think of England as this green and pleasant land with no crime when, in fact, it's a crime-ridden hell hole--particularly in urban areas. Yet many Brits who have never visited the USA think that people over here are shooting each other on a daily basis on every street corner--simply because they watch too many American movies and TV shows.

Here's another interesting read about British gun control. It's pretty lengthy, but if you read it all, you'll begin to see the parallels with the USA: