• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms demand action at NuLu Festival

poetdante

On Market St near Shelby intersection. I was OCing and didnt even notice until i walked right by them. Unfortunatly i am the only OCer here. Just thought I would report the event

Rusty Young Man

On Market St near Shelby intersection. I was OCing and didnt even notice until i walked right by them. Unfortunatly i am the only OCer here. Just thought I would report the event

Just saw this.

Record everything, don't let them get a photo where they can distort the truth to serve their ends, don't let them come within arms length to pin something or put a sticker on you (goes back to the photo op thing), and remember that nothing pisses them off like a friendly, non-confrontational OCer.:)

poetdante

Oh when i showed up almost the whoe tent went for a smoke break and took their kids with them. I was actually looking at the adjacent tent's wares. I didnt record anything, figure they were leaving me alone and i had no business at their tent. Still if I had known about NuLu festival i would have tried to set up a booth and have some ocers with me.

Rusty Young Man

By "record everything" I meant "make sure you are recording video and/or audio so they can't get too far if they decide to be creative while calling 911 to lie about you.":(

Still, hope you had fun while there and were recording since you were OCing?

As to a booth/presence at future events, Gutshot seems to be on board; that's what I like about OCers: generally lively, friendly despite some arguments and misunderstandings, and willing to catch some flak with you when things get rough. Family.:)

Last edited:

poetdante

I had a gopro on me if needed. Could clip it to my belt. I like to avoid recording until somebody gives me a reason. As for calling 911, i walked in front of 4 cops and a sherrif's office uniformed officer.

B

Bikenut

I had a gopro on me if needed. Could clip it to my belt. I like to avoid recording until somebody gives me a reason. As for calling 911, i walked in front of 4 cops and a sherrif's office uniformed officer.
Food for thought..... recordings not only are proof of what happened when things go bad but they are also proof of what DIDN'T happen when someone lies and says you did something you didn't do and the only way to prove what didn't happen is to have a recording that.... nothing happened.

Imagine having someone call 911 and say you were waving your gun around and threatening people. And imagine how it would go down if there was a whole group of MDA anti gunners willing to lie about it? You know... several people saying you did and just you saying you didn't. Wouldn't it be nice to have a recording that shows you weren't?

I record every minute I'm OCing in public so I will have a recording of what I DIDN'T do.... which I think is as important as having a recording of what I did do.

Last edited by a moderator:

poetdante

Food for thought..... recordings not only are proof of what happened when things go bad but they are also proof of what DIDN'T happen when someone lies and says you did something you didn't do and the only way to prove what didn't happen is to have a recording that.... nothing happened.

Imagine having someone call 911 and say you were waving your gun around and threatening people. And imagine how it would go down if there was a whole group of MDA anti gunners willing to lie about it? You know... several people saying you did and just you saying you didn't. Wouldn't it be nice to have a recording that shows you weren't?

I record every minute I'm OCing in public so I will have a recording of what I DIDN'T do.... which I think is as important as having a recording of what I did do.

Those are fair points. I suppose I can endure looking silly with a GoPro on my belt if it means covering my liability that way (nice way of putting it) How do you guys record during OC?

As for someone calling saying I was waiving my gun around, ok. But they would still need to prove that I was doing so. One person saying it isn't proof. Am I being ignorant/naive or is the worst thing to come from a serious anit-gunner a few minutes of my time assuming police actually decide to talk to me? So far police barely notice and if there is a car it drives past me. At the festival cops wouldn't even make eye contact with me (I was looking to see if they would notice me)

Somehow I feel like just recording all the time makes me more of an "aggressor" so to speak. If I'm not looking for a confrontation and I'm not doing anything that I would need to defend doing, then why record? I have the option to, with my gopro and my cell phone (which once Sprint gets a better network I will be able to stream videos straight to a server so if God forbid something happens my data will be safe). Truth be told, I do love the idea of recording everything because my mind, like many on here, likes to at least consider the WORST case scenario as potentially happening. But with the same note, I find myself wearing a camera on me to make me stand out more than my pistol :lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

I agree with the "record every minute I'm OCing" so far as audio recording.

But I'm still trying to figure out how some body-mounted video camera is going to show that you were not, for example, waving your gun around. The lens is not pointed in the direction that would capture the image of your arms remaining at your side with nothing in your hands.

I'm seriously trying to figure out how all the calls for body cameras will actually resolve the questions of just exactly what the person wearing the camera did.

stay safe.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Perhaps a lack of reaction would provide some proof? If you have audio and body cam recording while walking around and nobody in line of camera sight is freaking out, looking/acting frightened and no adio of people yelling in fear, etc. It coulld be pro forma evidence against someone claiming you were causing fear or a disturbance?

I don't do either but have considered it. Hope I don't end up SMH and end up wishing I had some day.

B

Bikenut

Those are fair points. I suppose I can endure looking silly with a GoPro on my belt if it means covering my liability that way (nice way of putting it) How do you guys record during OC?

As for someone calling saying I was waiving my gun around, ok. But they would still need to prove that I was doing so. One person saying it isn't proof. Am I being ignorant/naive or is the worst thing to come from a serious anit-gunner a few minutes of my time assuming police actually decide to talk to me? So far police barely notice and if there is a car it drives past me. At the festival cops wouldn't even make eye contact with me (I was looking to see if they would notice me)

Somehow I feel like just recording all the time makes me more of an "aggressor" so to speak. If I'm not looking for a confrontation and I'm not doing anything that I would need to defend doing, then why record? I have the option to, with my gopro and my cell phone (which once Sprint gets a better network I will be able to stream videos straight to a server so if God forbid something happens my data will be safe). Truth be told, I do love the idea of recording everything because my mind, like many on here, likes to at least consider the WORST case scenario as potentially happening. But with the same note, I find myself wearing a camera on me to make me stand out more than my pistol :lol:
Does carrying a gun to protect ourselves from bad guys who would attack us physically with weapons.... make us the "aggressor"? Of course not....it merely makes us wise enough to cover our arses.

Does recording our day to protect ourselves from those who would attack us with lies make us the "aggressor"? Of course not.... it merely makes us wise enough to cover our arses.

Why record if you aren't doing anything you need to defend doing at the moment? Well... why carry a gun if there isn't anyone attacking you at the moment?

Carrying a gun is nothing more than having a tool to defend yourself from a physical attack. Recording is nothing more than having a tool to defend yourself from legal problems because of an attack of lies.

After all.... if 3 people in cahoots lie and say you were waving your gun around and there is just you who says you didn't.... who will the prosecutor, and judge, believe? Does anyone think that some anti gun zealots would NOT all tell the same lie?

I'm not going to post (and I would hope that no one else does) what recording tools are available simply because I see no need to provide that information to those who would "accidentally" step on or even confiscate those tools if they are known. Not to mention that the recording laws vary from State to State so folks who decide to record had best know those laws as well as they know the firearms laws.

poetdante

I'm not going to post (and I would hope that no one else does) what recording tools are available simply because I see no need to provide that information to those who would "accidentally" step on or even confiscate those tools if they are known. Not to mention that the recording laws vary from State to State so folks who decide to record had best know those laws as well as they know the firearms laws.

Luckily in KY it's a one-party consent needed for recording. As for stepping on, GoPro. I do like the idea of having your GoPro stream to your cellphone via the app and then stream to your lawyer's server, that would probably be an ideal setup if the camera was not in such a rugged case to handle bumps, dings, and being crushed.

As for witnesses, I mean I hear where you're coming from. We carry a gun in the once-in-a-million chance we need to use it, why not carry a camera in case the more-likely-to-happen "anti-gunner targets you with lies" scenario?

I kind of wish there were better resources for affordable on-body cameras that could record everything. With a GoPro, you can record about 2hrs in great quality (might as well since that's as long as the battery lasts). 4-5 hours max if you record on low settings with an external battery pack.

B

Bikenut

Luckily in KY it's a one-party consent needed for recording. As for stepping on, GoPro. I do like the idea of having your GoPro stream to your cellphone via the app and then stream to your lawyer's server, that would probably be an ideal setup if the camera was not in such a rugged case to handle bumps, dings, and being crushed.

As for witnesses, I mean I hear where you're coming from. We carry a gun in the once-in-a-million chance we need to use it, why not carry a camera in case the more-likely-to-happen "anti-gunner targets you with lies" scenario?

I kind of wish there were better resources for affordable on-body cameras that could record everything. With a GoPro, you can record about 2hrs in great quality (might as well since that's as long as the battery lasts). 4-5 hours max if you record on low settings with an external battery pack.
I also wish there were better recording units available.

General comments:

Some folks carry extra magazines in case they need more ammo... some folks carry an extra gun (BUG) in case their primary gun fails for some reason... some folks carry both.... and some folks carry more than one recording device in case they need the ability to record for extended periods of time.

It might be inconvenient to carry extra ammo or an extra gun or extra recorders but being dead due to lack of ammo or the lack of a working gun.... or being in jail because there wasn't a recording to back up your story that your accuser is lying ... is way worse than a little inconvenience.

poetdante

Gutshot, just mount the GoPro on that stick accessory that records you from 3rd person. So what if it leaves you less able to use both hands during the deployment of your firearm when your life depends on it. How was my sarcasm? All joking aside if the clip attachment for ballcaps didnt make the camera look so weird on my belt i would wear it. It just protrudes too much. The camera itself is so small you could make it quite incognito but it would damage easily

poetdante

So Moms Misguiding for Action seem to be pretty active based on their KY Facebook page. Should we be concerned or try to help folks not be fooled by their message? Im tied up with getting Kentucky Cards for Concealed Carry at UofL going but if there is something i can do in Louisville let me know. Thanks

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I would only provide this at trial .. after the commies have falsely testified and would be on the hook for perjury.

And have it thrown out for not being disclosed during discovery. For a supposed lawyer you are really a piece of work.

stay safe.

poetdante

So not going to do anything against the efforts of the group? The only reason i am conserned is our current governor, state house of reps being dem majority, and only 26% voted in KY this past election. I dont really know how many signatures they got at kroger as they were protesting (see ky facebook pics) but i do like to get a head start on things my gut feels are dangeroua