• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms demand action at NuLu Festival

Brian D.

Get on their mailing list, then you will know! I get all their email announcements on a regular basis. Stay informed!
This tactic CAN cause an anti-gun group a good deal of money. Back when Handgun Control Inc. was the Evil Empire, a couple of my friends got on their mailing list and requested LOTS and LOTS of their printed tripe for the "church groups" they both alleged to have belonged to.

MKEgal

poetdante said:
As for someone calling saying I was waiving my gun around, ok. But they would still need to prove that I was doing so. One person saying it isn't proof. Am I being ignorant/naive or is the worst thing to come from a serious anit-gunner a few minutes of my time assuming police actually decide to talk to me?
Maybe you've heard of SWATting?
If someone is accusing you of being a MWAG, the police aren't going to ignore you, they're going to show up in force, with their guns drawn, screaming at you to get on the ground, and it'll get worse from there.

I have something on the slide of my primary pistol which is only visible if it's out of the holster. If whoever is complaining to police can't explain what's unusual about my pistol, I think that's a pretty good indication that they're lying.

Somehow I feel like just recording all the time makes me more of an "aggressor"
Recording is passive. Nobody can tell if you are or not. It's just one more thing on your belt, or maybe even looking like glasses.
I've done hidden camera videos with a pen. (VERY useful... won a court case showing that the city employees' statements were almost completely false. They were true to the extent that I was there and we were discussing them handing over my open records request.)

Last edited:

ADulay

Maybe you've heard of SWATting?
If someone is accusing you of being a MWAG, the police aren't going to ignore you, they're going to show up in force, with their guns drawn, screaming at you to get on the ground, and it'll get worse from there.)

Perhaps that's just a bit dramatic as I've been "phoned in" at least three times that I'm aware of and although they did send two cars, it was always a civil check by the local LEO's.

"Sir, we've received a call that you may be carrying a weapon on your person. Do you have a concealed weapons permit?"

"Why yes I do. it's on the table there as I noticed you guys checking out my bike in tag team style so I assumed you'd be here at the table in due time. Anything else you need from me?"

"No, just had to follow up and thanks for being cool about it."

At this time they left and I finished my bowl of chili and bread while reading the WSJ.

It need not always be a monumental struggle unless one side is being stupid about it! Then it may get serious.

If a full blown SWAT team is showing up because you're peacefully eating lunch, make sure they send an invoice to the "911" panic caller who obviously called in a false report.

Heck, send the SWAT team (they're already at work) send them over to arrest the original caller!

AD

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver