Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Man fired into neighbor's home to unload gun

  1. #1
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881

    Man fired into neighbor's home to unload gun

    MIDDLETOWN, Pa. (AP) Police in Pennsylvania say a man accused of shooting a bullet through a neighbor's window told a judge he fired the gun because it was the only way he knew how to unload it.
    What even?

    http://lacrossetribune.com/news/weir...5b852cde3.html
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

    "Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

    Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

  2. #2
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    ................................. what?

    That doesn't make sense on any level.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 09-27-2014 at 08:30 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

  3. #3
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    ................................. what?

    That doesn't make sense on any level.
    Put it this way. I don't have any gun at the moment as I can't afford one and I've barely fired any gun in years and even I know there is a proper way to unload a firearm and the first rule is point the thing away from people Unbelievable the level of stupidity here. I'm going to suggest there may have been another motive here as I can hardly believe anyone could be that thickheaded
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

    "Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

    Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154

    NOT THE WHOLE STORY. More than one gunshot over extended time.

    The Adams Avenue resident told police that around noon she heard what she thought were gunshots near her home. She later noticed a rear window on her porch had been shattered, according to a probable cause affidavit. Around 1 p.m. she was standing inside her home looking at the damage when she saw a man dressed in dark colored shorts and no shirt leave the house behind hers. As he stood in the doorway of the home, he fired a gun in what appeared to be the direction of her home and then ran back into the house he had previously exited, police said.

    http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...ccbe.image.jpg

    http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.c...cc2601ca6.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54272eb67ccbe.image.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	12064  
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-27-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    242
    whats the big deal? i let my car run out of gas every day because i dont know how to turn it off. but its ok, i keep several one-gallon cans of gas in the trunk...


    too stupid to be allowed in public. lock him up.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by hafnhaf View Post
    whats the big deal? i let my car run out of gas every day because i dont know how to turn it off. but its ok, i keep several one-gallon cans of gas in the trunk...


    too stupid to be allowed in public. lock him up.
    do you fill it up then ?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Jefferson County, CO
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    do you fill it up then ?
    Of course not! One must never store a loaded car in the driveway.

  8. #8
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    Wonder what type of gun it was. Shooting used to be the standard practice to unload a muzzle loading firearm, but the easier way is to remove the nipple and shoot compressed air into the chamber driving bullet and powder out or the gun safely.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Back in the day (before dirt was invented) "unloading" was a term used to describe shooting. From the very little bit of information available it just does not seem the shooter's intent was to remove all functional cartridges in order to make the firearm safe.

    But then I've learned never to underestimate the power and ability of stupid.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Stupid can overcome even bureaucracy, the most powerful force.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The Adams Avenue resident told police that around noon she heard what she thought were gunshots near her home. She later noticed a rear window on her porch had been shattered, according to a probable cause affidavit. Around 1 p.m. she was standing inside her home looking at the damage when she saw a man dressed in dark colored shorts and no shirt leave the house behind hers. As he stood in the doorway of the home, he fired a gun in what appeared to be the direction of her home and then ran back into the house he had previously exited, police said.

    http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...ccbe.image.jpg

    http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.c...cc2601ca6.html
    Maybe he didn't know how to eject the mag either.

  12. #12
    Regular Member XD40sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Stupid can overcome even bureaucracy, the most powerful force.
    Too late, that has already happened, and now it is bureaucracy.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    242
    David: don't be silly. I just put the next gallon in. Wouldn't want to waste gas, right? As for keeping a loaded car in the driveway, I just let it run out again. Then it is both off and empty. Totally safe.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by hafnhaf View Post
    David: don't be silly. I just put the next gallon in. Wouldn't want to waste gas, right? As for keeping a loaded car in the driveway, I just let it run out again. Then it is both off and empty. Totally safe.
    Possibly then have a garden hose running from the tank so that you can add another aliquot while driving?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA
    Posts
    242
    Now why didn't I think of that?

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Maybe he didn't know how to eject the mag either.
    '
    HA. Beat me to it! In all fairness, I'm not sure that my wife, who is a rather good shot, knows any other way to unload a gun. :-P

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    paducah
    Posts
    10
    he's gonna need a good lawyer

  18. #18
    Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SE Va., , Occupied CSA
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Wonder what type of gun it was. Shooting used to be the standard practice to unload a muzzle loading firearm, but the easier way is to remove the nipple and shoot compressed air into the chamber driving bullet and powder out or the gun safely.
    You think that is EASIER than pulling the trigger???
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

    Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

    If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

  19. #19
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    You think that is EASIER than pulling the trigger???
    Certainly is, no criminal charges, no attorney fees, no jail house blues. Hell yea it is easier! Plus the gun does not need to be scrubbed in hot water afterwards, which entails disassembling.

    There is a CO2 kit for unloading muzzle loaders on the market, has been for years. I just used the compressor at home.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 10-02-2014 at 12:10 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •