• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rampage: Capital Punishment...Anybody else seen this movie?

BlueSquid

A while back I was searching through the action section of Netflix and the title Rampage popped up. Given the subject matter (guy feels like an outcast, thinks he has something important to say, goes on shooting spree), I gave it a watch to see what kind of spin they put on the situation. It was alright, though I'll admit I'm glad I didn't spend time and money seeing it in a theater. Well, tonight I was doing the same thing, and the title Rampage: Capital Punishment comes up. Cover art is similar to what I remembered from a few years back from watching the first one, find out it is indeed a sequel, so I decide to see where this one goes. Now, looking at it as just a movie, again it's not horrible, but again glad to be watching it on Netflix just to pass time rather than subjecting my wife to a night out that ended in this.

Anyway, the reason I decided to post about it was not to give any sort of review, as you can see I haven't done a very good job of that haha. I'm about 2/3's through the movie right now. It's at that point that the main character, an "anti-hero" if you want to call him that (I'd choose a bit harsher of a label, personally), by the name of Bill Williamson is airing on national TV his manifesto. In it, he goes on about the government, nsa, oil, etc. Standard fare in those types of things. Then he starts talking about gun control and the Constitution. Within a matter of two minutes in this speech he first calls for stricter gun control (going so far as to say we currently have none and that there aren't even background checks to filter out those with criminal records), then follows it up with saying how we're being stripped of our Constitutional Rights. Has director Uwe Boll never heard of the 2nd Amendment? I know I'm not alone in saying it really grinds my gears when people cherry pick their facts and what rights they're ok with being violated. The director actually acts a small part in the movie, including a line for his character "The guy's totally right" in regards to the speech. The movie has been paused at this point since I began this post, because honestly I was taken aback enough that I almost didn't care to finish it. At this point I'm glad I'm not directly supporting Uwe Boll, and in the future will make the conscious decision not to.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest. If anybody is interested in the movie and has a netflix account, it's not entirely a waste of your time, I guess. If you're interested in the speech, it starts around the 57 minute mark.

-BlueSquid

BlueSquid

Unfortunately, the first one is no longer on Netflix, but it's nowhere near as political as the second one. The second one is almost preachy in its "message." But yeah, again, not a terrible waste of time to watch, though you'll be glad to not have paid the price of a ticket for it. At least that's how I felt.

The Truth

So far this is painful to watch...gonna be tough to make it to your 57 minute mark. Haha.

BlueSquid

Haha yeah like I said, it's not terrible, but it's not good either. I'd suggest skipping straight to the 57 minute mark and watching from there if you're interested in the ridiculousness (the real world kind, I mean) on display.

blahpony

I've watched the first one many times. As far as a murder and mayhem movie, it's not bad. Which is strange for a Uwe Boll movie. Usually they are quite horrible and unwatchable.

The sequel was horrible and unwatchable. The only way my friend and I made it through was beer and almost constant heckling. It was more a rampage of preachiness. Also most of the action scenes were just clips from the first movie.

The Truth

I passed out sometime after they finally played his CD on national TV. Kinda glad I did though.

I mean, there was one reasonably attractive woman in the movie and she was one of the first ones killed. LAME!

Jeff. State

Banned
Just watched. Wouldn't expect much more from a Euro director/producer? and Canadian actors. They clearly see the problem(elites running the world) yet somehow throw in how bad guns are?????

Horrible movie with nearly spot on message of WTH is going on in the world.

Just watched. Wouldn't expect much more from a Euro director/producer? and Canadian actors. They clearly see the problem(elites running the world) yet somehow throw in how bad guns are?????

Horrible movie with nearly spot on message of WTH is going on in the world.

That's exactly the way I see it.

Last edited: