Thread: Open carrier sit-in at Washington state capitol thru 2015

Moderator / Administrator

Open carrier sit-in at Washington state capitol thru 2015

http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/s...-next-session/

SNIP

Earlier this summer, Rep. Jim Moeller took to Facebook and issued what some gun-rights advocates perceived as a challenge.

"I will refuse to conduct the business of the state as long as any 'open carry' nuts (are) in the gallery," Moeller, D-Vancouver, wrote on his Elect Jim Moeller Facebook page.

As speaker pro tempore of the state House of Representatives, Moeller often presides when the House is session.

Frank Decker, who is not one of Moeller's constituents but a Vancouver resident and a gun-rights advocate, saw the post.

"My immediate reaction was, challenge accepted," Decker said.

Decker created his own Facebook page titled "Moeller's Open Carry Challenge." The page has more than 80 "likes," and the goal, Decker said, is to have a volunteer openly carry a firearm in the gallery of the House every day during the 2015 legislative session, which kicks off in January.

###

Join and like the Facebook page known as "Moeller's Open Carry Challenge" at https://www.facebook.com/groups/341065162715852.
    Last edited by Mike; 09-28-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Great response

Wow!! - Frank Decker seems to be a pretty terrific guy. I hope there are a lot of open carries to follow through. It is easy for me to say because I do not live in the State, but if I did, I would attend.

Fortunately I live in Olympia, and my current job has me off Monday, and Tuesday. I know by next year that will change, but me, and my 1911 will be there when possible/practical.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

It will be a drive and I hate seattle, but I am retired and I have a lot of free time. Besides, I just hate being called a "gun nut".
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Make him put up or Shut UP

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

SNIP

Earlier this summer, Rep. Jim Moeller took to Facebook and issued what some gun-rights advocates perceived as a challenge.

"I will refuse to conduct the business of the state as long as any 'open carry' nuts (are) in the gallery," Moeller, D-Vancouver, wrote on his Elect Jim Moeller Facebook page.

As speaker pro tempore of the state House of Representatives, Moeller often presides when the House is session.

Frank Decker, who is not one of Moeller's constituents but a Vancouver resident and a gun-rights advocate, saw the post.

Decker created his own Facebook page titled "Moeller's Open Carry Challenge." The page has more than 80 "likes," and the goal, Decker said, is to have a volunteer openly carry a firearm in the gallery of the House every day during the 2015 legislative session, which kicks off in January.

###

Join and like the Facebook page known as "Moeller's Open Carry Challenge" at https://www.facebook.com/groups/341065162715852.

We have heard this BS before from Adam Kline.

Some of these so called legislators need a hard lesson in civics, clearly he has not read the Washington State Constitiution. There is a process to petition for a recall vote as per RCW 29A.56.110.

Note the following definitions for the purposes of this chapter:

(1) "Misfeasance" or "malfeasance" in office means any wrongful conduct that affects, interrupts, or interferes with the performance of official duty;

(a) Additionally, "misfeasance" in office means the performance of a duty in an improper manner; and

(b) Additionally, "malfeasance" in office means the commission of an unlawful act;

(2) "Violation of the oath of office" means the neglect or knowing failure by an elective public officer to perform faithfully a duty imposed by law.

I'm tired of being "reasonable" too, and I VOTE. You want to play HardBall, lets get it on.

RCW 42.20.100 Failure of duty by public officer a misdemeanor.

RCW 9A.80.010 Official misconduct.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Commit to your day, the calendar is up...

http://teamup.com/ks1157a99cf22fd85a/

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Fortunately I live in Olympia, and my current job has me off Monday, and Tuesday. I know by next year that will change, but me, and my 1911 will be there when possible/practical.

Carpool and save on parking, let me know what days you are going. I will be there on Jan 12th & 15th(B-day).

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    It will be a drive and I hate seattle, but I am retired and I have a lot of free time. Besides, I just hate being called a "gun nut".
    I'm in Lacey, let me know your the days you are attending and we could carpool.

I am on for Day 2. More to come.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I will fill in some days late March and early April.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

We should fill up the gallery on the first and last day of the 2015 legislative session n addition to there being several OCers present everyday, I live in Arizona during the winter but I am willing to make the drive to be there on the first day if we want to fill up the gallery.

I would like to get involved with this. I'm really getting sick of jerkoffs like this forsaking their oath of office. I sware, every time I turn around, somebody is trying to push their own personal agenda instead of doing what the majority of the people want. These people need to be reminded that they work for us, not the other way around.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    I would like to get involved with this. I'm really getting sick of jerkoffs like this forsaking their oath of office. I sware, every time I turn around, somebody is trying to push their own personal agenda instead of doing what the majority of the people want. These people need to be reminded that they work for us, not the other way around.
    That, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why we VOTE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

SNIP

###

Let's think about this very critically.

Going forward we are all going to have to engage in focus groups and conversations and radicalize our activism. Is this the type of message we want to convey to the public? When the media breaks this story it's going to make us look crazy. Realistically we will be facing consistent gun legislation from this point on until there is no open carry and magazine limits and all of the restrictions that co, ma, ca, il, etc have. The best thing we can do is signup for email groups like moms demand action, maig, wa gun responsibility, and all the anti gun organizations that exist in this state so we can keep our finger on the pulse of their movement. We NEED to know what their next moves are otherwise we will continue to get run over. Doing an open carry in the legislature? I'm all for it, but I do not think it serves our goals. Remember the unkempt jerks in chipotle, or the rebuff from starbucks. It doesn't work.. Unless, of course, you organize an all young female open carry rally. For some reason, they seem less frightening to the public or whatever. Whatever we decide to do, we need to unify as a single entity, and act in unison with each other. They have already taken so so much, and, realistically, at this point we have little chance of changing the tide. But if we can it will take a lot of work and personal sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by ardent View Post

Going forward we are all going to have to engage in focus groups and conversations and radicalize our activism. Is this the type of message we want to convey to the public? When the media breaks this story it's going to make us look crazy. Realistically we will be facing consistent gun legislation from this point on until there is no open carry and magazine limits and all of the restrictions that co, ma, ca, il, etc have. The best thing we can do is signup for email groups like moms demand action, maig, wa gun responsibility, and all the anti gun organizations that exist in this state so we can keep our finger on the pulse of their movement. We NEED to know what their next moves are otherwise we will continue to get run over. Doing an open carry in the legislature? I'm all for it, but I do not think it serves our goals. Remember the unkempt jerks in chipotle, or the rebuff from starbucks. It doesn't work.. Unless, of course, you organize an all young female open carry rally. For some reason, they seem less frightening to the public or whatever. Whatever we decide to do, we need to unify as a single entity, and act in unison with each other. They have already taken so so much, and, realistically, at this point we have little chance of changing the tide. But if we can it will take a lot of work and personal sacrifice.
    Exactly, this moeller is trying to jerk our chain, let's not take the bait. We're not bears in maine. We clearly have a pr problem and we don't have a single unified owners group in WA these need to be addressed
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Well guys, it worked in Oak Harbor when we showed up visibly armed to their city council meetings.

The hey guys don't make waves approach has shown not to work. I think its a good idea, call this anti liberty jerk out on his bluff.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Those who try to play the game from within are fools. If you dance to their tune, you are one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    I will fill in some days late March and early April.
    Jeff,

DM me as we get closer. I would love to make the trip with you a couple of times.
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post

be very careful with that line of thinking. we are a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy. Rule of Law trumps the Will of the People. Otherwise we'd all be in jail for even thinking about guns.

Ardent, welcome to OCDO. I hope you stay.

Quote Originally Posted by ardent View Post

Going forward(I really hate hearing this catch phrase) we are all going to have to engage in focus groups and conversations and radicalize our activism. Is this the type of message we want to convey to the public? When the media breaks this story it's going to make us look crazy. Realistically we will be facing consistent gun legislation from this point on until there is no open carry and magazine limits and all of the restrictions that co, ma, ca, il, etc have. The best thing we can do is signup for email groups (what??)like moms demand action, maig, wa gun responsibility, and all the anti gun organizations that exist in this state so we can keep our finger on the pulse of their movement. We NEED to know what their next moves are otherwise we will continue to get run over. Doing an open carry in the legislature? I'm all for it, but I do not think it serves our goals. Remember the unkempt jerks in chipotle, or the rebuff from starbucks. It doesn't work.. Unless, of course, you organize an all young female open carry rally. For some reason, they seem less frightening to the public or whatever. Whatever we decide to do, we need to unify as a single entity, and act in unison with each other. They have already taken so so much, and, realistically, at this point we have little chance of changing the tide. But if we can it will take a lot of work and personal sacrifice.
    So.....we should "run and hide"? I do not think so. The legislature belongs to ME, the People, not the elected officials. I will be in the gallery and I will be armed.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Well guys, it worked in Oak Harbor when we showed up visibly armed to their city council meetings.

The hey guys don't make waves approach has shown not to work. I think its a good idea, call this anti liberty jerk out on his bluff.
    It worked in Anacourtes too. I was there with NavyLTC and we brought our armed families. This is done by OCDO activists all across the State. I saw Nick and his brother on TV just the other day. We are everywhere...we are Nationwide.

Rob, will you be carpooling down with me?
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 11-06-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Rob, will you be carpooling down with me?
    I will gladly do so if I get a bit of time off.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by SnarlyWino View Post
    Jeff,

DM me as we get closer. I would love to make the trip with you a couple of times.

Will do.