• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier sit-in at Washington state capitol thru 2015

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/sep/27/gallery-with-guns-may-await-moeller-next-session/

SNIP

Earlier this summer, Rep. Jim Moeller took to Facebook and issued what some gun-rights advocates perceived as a challenge.

"I will refuse to conduct the business of the state as long as any 'open carry' nuts (are) in the gallery," Moeller, D-Vancouver, wrote on his Elect Jim Moeller Facebook page.

As speaker pro tempore of the state House of Representatives, Moeller often presides when the House is session.

Frank Decker, who is not one of Moeller's constituents but a Vancouver resident and a gun-rights advocate, saw the post.

"My immediate reaction was, challenge accepted," Decker said.

Decker created his own Facebook page titled "Moeller's Open Carry Challenge." The page has more than 80 "likes," and the goal, Decker said, is to have a volunteer openly carry a firearm in the gallery of the House every day during the 2015 legislative session, which kicks off in January.

###

Join and like the Facebook page known as "Moeller's Open Carry Challenge" at https://www.facebook.com/groups/341065162715852.

Last edited:

fjpro2a

Great response

Wow!! - Frank Decker seems to be a pretty terrific guy. I hope there are a lot of open carries to follow through. It is easy for me to say because I do not live in the State, but if I did, I would attend.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Fortunately I live in Olympia, and my current job has me off Monday, and Tuesday. I know by next year that will change, but me, and my 1911 will be there when possible/practical.

Whitney

Make him put up or Shut UP

http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/sep/27/gallery-with-guns-may-await-moeller-next-session/

SNIP

Earlier this summer, Rep. Jim Moeller took to Facebook and issued what some gun-rights advocates perceived as a challenge.

"I will refuse to conduct the business of the state as long as any 'open carry' nuts (are) in the gallery," Moeller, D-Vancouver, wrote on his Elect Jim Moeller Facebook page.

As speaker pro tempore of the state House of Representatives, Moeller often presides when the House is session.

Frank Decker, who is not one of Moeller's constituents but a Vancouver resident and a gun-rights advocate, saw the post.

Decker created his own Facebook page titled "Moeller's Open Carry Challenge." The page has more than 80 "likes," and the goal, Decker said, is to have a volunteer openly carry a firearm in the gallery of the House every day during the 2015 legislative session, which kicks off in January.

###

Join and like the Facebook page known as "Moeller's Open Carry Challenge" at https://www.facebook.com/groups/341065162715852.

We have heard this BS before from Adam Kline.

[video=youtube;gKs8PV3eY4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKs8PV3eY4k[/video]

Some of these so called legislators need a hard lesson in civics, clearly he has not read the Washington State Constitiution. There is a process to petition for a recall vote as per RCW 29A.56.110.

Note the following definitions for the purposes of this chapter:

(1) "Misfeasance" or "malfeasance" in office means any wrongful conduct that affects, interrupts, or interferes with the performance of official duty;

(a) Additionally, "misfeasance" in office means the performance of a duty in an improper manner; and

(b) Additionally, "malfeasance" in office means the commission of an unlawful act;

(2) "Violation of the oath of office" means the neglect or knowing failure by an elective public officer to perform faithfully a duty imposed by law.

I'm tired of being "reasonable" too, and I VOTE. You want to play HardBall, lets get it on.

RCW 42.20.100 Failure of duty by public officer a misdemeanor.

RCW 9A.80.010 Official misconduct.

~Whitney

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Fortunately I live in Olympia, and my current job has me off Monday, and Tuesday. I know by next year that will change, but me, and my 1911 will be there when possible/practical.

Carpool and save on parking, let me know what days you are going. I will be there on Jan 12th & 15th(B-day).

Jeff Hayes

We should fill up the gallery on the first and last day of the 2015 legislative session n addition to there being several OCers present everyday, I live in Arizona during the winter but I am willing to make the drive to be there on the first day if we want to fill up the gallery.

Grim_Night

I would like to get involved with this. I'm really getting sick of jerkoffs like this forsaking their oath of office. I sware, every time I turn around, somebody is trying to push their own personal agenda instead of doing what the majority of the people want. These people need to be reminded that they work for us, not the other way around.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I would like to get involved with this. I'm really getting sick of jerkoffs like this forsaking their oath of office. I sware, every time I turn around, somebody is trying to push their own personal agenda instead of doing what the majority of the people want. These people need to be reminded that they work for us, not the other way around.

That, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why we VOTE!!

ardent

SNIP

###

Let's think about this very critically.

Going forward we are all going to have to engage in focus groups and conversations and radicalize our activism. Is this the type of message we want to convey to the public? When the media breaks this story it's going to make us look crazy. Realistically we will be facing consistent gun legislation from this point on until there is no open carry and magazine limits and all of the restrictions that co, ma, ca, il, etc have. The best thing we can do is signup for email groups like moms demand action, maig, wa gun responsibility, and all the anti gun organizations that exist in this state so we can keep our finger on the pulse of their movement. We NEED to know what their next moves are otherwise we will continue to get run over. Doing an open carry in the legislature? I'm all for it, but I do not think it serves our goals. Remember the unkempt jerks in chipotle, or the rebuff from starbucks. It doesn't work.. Unless, of course, you organize an all young female open carry rally. For some reason, they seem less frightening to the public or whatever. Whatever we decide to do, we need to unify as a single entity, and act in unison with each other. They have already taken so so much, and, realistically, at this point we have little chance of changing the tide. But if we can it will take a lot of work and personal sacrifice.

EMNofSeattle

Going forward we are all going to have to engage in focus groups and conversations and radicalize our activism. Is this the type of message we want to convey to the public? When the media breaks this story it's going to make us look crazy. Realistically we will be facing consistent gun legislation from this point on until there is no open carry and magazine limits and all of the restrictions that co, ma, ca, il, etc have. The best thing we can do is signup for email groups like moms demand action, maig, wa gun responsibility, and all the anti gun organizations that exist in this state so we can keep our finger on the pulse of their movement. We NEED to know what their next moves are otherwise we will continue to get run over. Doing an open carry in the legislature? I'm all for it, but I do not think it serves our goals. Remember the unkempt jerks in chipotle, or the rebuff from starbucks. It doesn't work.. Unless, of course, you organize an all young female open carry rally. For some reason, they seem less frightening to the public or whatever. Whatever we decide to do, we need to unify as a single entity, and act in unison with each other. They have already taken so so much, and, realistically, at this point we have little chance of changing the tide. But if we can it will take a lot of work and personal sacrifice.
Exactly, this moeller is trying to jerk our chain, let's not take the bait. We're not bears in maine. We clearly have a pr problem and we don't have a single unified owners group in WA these need to be addressed

sudden valley gunner

Well guys, it worked in Oak Harbor when we showed up visibly armed to their city council meetings.

The hey guys don't make waves approach has shown not to work. I think its a good idea, call this anti liberty jerk out on his bluff.

sota

be very careful with that line of thinking. we are a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy. Rule of Law trumps the Will of the People. Otherwise we'd all be in jail for even thinking about guns.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Ardent, welcome to OCDO. I hope you stay.

Going forward(I really hate hearing this catch phrase) we are all going to have to engage in focus groups and conversations and radicalize our activism. Is this the type of message we want to convey to the public? When the media breaks this story it's going to make us look crazy. Realistically we will be facing consistent gun legislation from this point on until there is no open carry and magazine limits and all of the restrictions that co, ma, ca, il, etc have. The best thing we can do is signup for email groups (what??)like moms demand action, maig, wa gun responsibility, and all the anti gun organizations that exist in this state so we can keep our finger on the pulse of their movement. We NEED to know what their next moves are otherwise we will continue to get run over. Doing an open carry in the legislature? I'm all for it, but I do not think it serves our goals. Remember the unkempt jerks in chipotle, or the rebuff from starbucks. It doesn't work.. Unless, of course, you organize an all young female open carry rally. For some reason, they seem less frightening to the public or whatever. Whatever we decide to do, we need to unify as a single entity, and act in unison with each other. They have already taken so so much, and, realistically, at this point we have little chance of changing the tide. But if we can it will take a lot of work and personal sacrifice.

So.....we should "run and hide"? I do not think so. The legislature belongs to ME, the People, not the elected officials. I will be in the gallery and I will be armed.

Well guys, it worked in Oak Harbor when we showed up visibly armed to their city council meetings.

The hey guys don't make waves approach has shown not to work. I think its a good idea, call this anti liberty jerk out on his bluff.
It worked in Anacourtes too. I was there with NavyLTC and we brought our armed families. This is done by OCDO activists all across the State. I saw Nick and his brother on TV just the other day. We are everywhere...we are Nationwide.

Rob, will you be carpooling down with me?

Last edited: