• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ferguson

hovercat

With Police getting shot and shot at, could blow up soon. Seems like someone is trying to revive helter skelter.

I also noticed that news is saying that the second cop shot at was in personal vehicle and shooters should have had no way of knowing that he was a cop. As if 3 guys randomly shooting at you as they pass your car on the interstate is not a big worry.

Stay safe, I have to go and sweep the bunker.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Darnit. .. Had a nice long response ready to post and then my wireless keyboard fell off my lap, landed upside down on the carpet and closed the window deleting it. :-(

To summarize my last post... I am quite familiar with the area for various reason among them working within 5 miles for several years and my wife's grandmother living a few miles from the epicenter of all this for 60 years moving about a year ago. For the last few years she lived there she literally heard gunshots daily. She had a hole in her car door from an errant. 45 acp that came through her garage wall. She had 2 incidents of stolen cars hitting her garage/landscaping, tree. Some 25 years ago as people started migratinng from north St. Louis City to nearby north County cities they brought their gangss, drugs and crime with them. It was really more of an expansion than migration.

Now the local news stories of robbery and shootings are national news. I think thee context is that the reality of the news stands in contrast to the assertions of local residents as to how quiet and safe the community is making people not familiar think it is an increase relating to the portests. I suspect that the looting aside that there has been little change in the daily crime and that the nationalizing of the local crime stories rather than being a new thing, merely gives lie to the local claim of a peaceful, safe community. I didn't feel particularly safe driving down the main drag of Ferguson 25 years ago and certainly didn't stop for gas, smokes, soda until I got north of city limits.

davidmcbeth

Banned
It will be a reality show soon ... if one runs from a cop, is it reasonable to assume now that the cop will shoot at you?

Saxxon

It will be a reality show soon ... if one runs from a cop, is it reasonable to assume now that the cop will shoot at you?

Seriously do you need to promulgate media disinformation about this any more than they already do?

Michael Brown was shot while charging back at the officer to attack him a second time; after first attacking him , pushing in the car, pummeling him nearly unconscious, and trying to take the gun from him at which point it went off. He then ran away but when the officer yelled "Freeze!" he turned back around, challenged "What are you giong to do, shoot me?" and charged back at the officer. Of course the officer lit him up; means, jeopardy and intent to cause death or great bodily harm by Michael Brown is abundant in the actions and evidence.

It was a valid self defensive shoot all day and twice on Sunday.

If it wasn't you should be very nervous about any thoughts of defending yourself as well.

OC for ME

Seriously do you need to promulgate media disinformation about this any more than they already do?

Michael Brown was shot while charging back at the officer to attack him a second time; after first attacking him , pushing in the car, pummeling him nearly unconscious, and trying to take the gun from him at which point it went off. He then ran away but when the officer yelled "Freeze!" he turned back around, challenged "What are you giong to do, shoot me?" and charged back at the officer. Of course the officer lit him up; means, jeopardy and intent to cause death or great bodily harm by Michael Brown is abundant in the actions and evidence.

It was a valid self defensive shoot all day and twice on Sunday.

If it wasn't you should be very nervous about any thoughts of defending yourself as well.
There are some indications that the above may not be exactly the facts as to the events of that day.