Thread: OCer stoops robbery in Dayton.

OCer stops robbery in Dayton.

According to WHIO, a customer who was OCing at a Circle K in Dayton stopped a robbery. Here's the story: http://m.whio.com/news/news/crime-la...-dayton/nhXWF/
    Last edited by RCall; 09-28-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Having noticed my obvious spelling mistake, if anybody can inform me how to fix the thread name please do so I can't figure it out

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by RCall View Post
    Having noticed my obvious spelling mistake, if anybody can inform me how to fix the thread name please do so I can't figure it out
    Having read the linked article, don't worry about your SINGLE misspelled word... Don't they even run these articles through a spell checking program or an editor before publication?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    I believe you log in. Go to the original post and hit edit. Edit the mistake and hit post. You don't have to give a reason for the save.
    Last edited by color of law; 09-28-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    One of the store's six customers saw what was happening and drew a .45-caliber handgun from his side. He pointed it at the robber and told him to leave, according to the report.
    This is clearly imposable. Nothing of good could ever happen when allowing citizens to exercise their second amendment right.

I guess Circle K will get picketed by mommies hating guns.

Bogus news report, we all know that the OCer would have been shot on sight by the robber.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    I believe you log in. Go to the original post and hit edit. Edit the mistake and hit post. You don't have to give a reason for the save.

Yeah, but I don't see an option to edit the name of the thread........

Quote Originally Posted by RCall View Post
    Yeah, but I don't see an option to edit the name of the thread........
    "Edit Post"
    Then
    "Go Advanced"

Upon test and reflection, that does not seem to edit the thread title, but the post title.
    Last edited by wrightme; 09-28-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    "Edit Post"

Then

"Go Advanced"

Thank you, it updated in my web browser but not Tapatalk but I'm assuming that has something to do with Tapatalk.

I don't see myself asking him to leave. It would be more of ..don't turn around I have a gun pointing at you, slowly put your gun down on the counter and take one step back. If he had of done other wise I would have fired. Just getting him to leave leaves the world open to another problem as he could just go down the street and start his thing all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by wardtom084 View Post
    I don't see myself asking him to leave. It would be more of ..don't turn around I have a gun pointing at you, slowly put your gun down on the counter and take one step back. If he had of done other wise I would have fired. Just getting him to leave leaves the world open to another problem as he could just go down the street and start his thing all over again.
    That is it, right there. Once he is disarmed, get him down on the floor. Have the clerk call for police. There is no good coming of letting the criminal leave.

IANAL, but seems to me you might be opening yourself to a charge of "aiding and abetting" by letting the criminal go. Would seem to be even more so if he left that store and went and robbed another.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

The news story suggests that may have been what happened, that he may have robbed another place later in the day.
    Last edited by RCall; 09-28-2014 at 09:55 PM.

I don't think anybody who comes to these forums and gets what the laws, and our rights/responsibilities under them are, would have done like that OC'er in the story. If the guy would have run out of the store AFTER disarming but before complying with an order to get on the floor, well, at least he's left the weapon behind.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    That is it, right there. Once he is disarmed, get him down on the floor. Have the clerk call for police. There is no good coming of letting the criminal leave.

IANAL, but seems to me you might be opening yourself to a charge of "aiding and abetting" by letting the criminal go. Would seem to be even more so if he left that store and went and robbed another.
    Police are not bound to take any action, and the courts have made this clear. I do not see why the courts would hold a citizen accountable for not taking a action normally held for police. I would have done nothing, though I commend the person for risking his life. But if the threat was against me or mine, I would have done the same thing. My purpose for carrying is to prevent harm to those in my immediate family, that is it. Sorry to sound harsh but I could not care less what the criminal does after they are no longer a threat to myself. In fact I see that the thug runaway a blessing, because the threat level for everyone at that time and place was gone.

It is the police job and what they get paid for is to hunt down criminals, and make arrests.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

To quote that great sage Tuco "When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk".

If he would have held the perp at gunpoint until cops showed up...

...one dead OCer, one less OCer too...cops see gun...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Bogus news report, we all know that the OCer would have been shot on sight by the robber.
    actually WOLF. they would have taken his gun and shot him with it and then robbed the store
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Attachment 12068

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    This is clearly imposable. .
    Only supposebly, joey, it has not yet been fully explained.
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 09-29-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

lmao at this whole thread