Thread: Who do I sue? Leagl consequences of I-594

Who do I sue? Leagl consequences of I-594

I have been scratchin' my head on the legal ramifications for collectors that hold a valid 03 C&R FFL.

I-594 does not include a provision for collectors or CPL holders.
    AS per 18USC collectors are distinctly differnent than dealers, and as such under 594 would be required to get a background check.

If I wanted to buy this C&R firearm today I would not need said check, as long as I have a valid 03 C&R FFL.
    If 594 comes to fruition would I be in violation with this same transaction? I have not been able to find a way to complete this transaction in keeping with the letter of the proposed law.

How could a C&R holder comply with 594 if it comes to fruition?
    Would this be a good enough test case to repeal the proposed law?

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Banned
    A better explaination is likely needed .. just citing the law w/o explanation where the law offends you is not help folks to respond

Short version

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    A better explaination is likely needed .. just citing the law w/o explanation where the law offends you is not help folks to respond

http://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/FinalText_483.pdf

^^^Link to proposed law ^^^

In a nutshell this initiative proposes a new law that requires background checks for all private sales and transferrs. There is no exception for anyone who hold a C&R license or state issued CPL.

My focus is on the Federaly licensed private internet sale of a firearm that meets the 03 criteria.

There is a lot more to it but I am trying to keep my response unbiased.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post

http://sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/initiatives/FinalText_483.pdf

^^^Link to proposed law ^^^

In a nutshell this initiative proposes a new law that requires background checks for all private sales and transferrs. There is no exception for anyone who hold a C&R license or state issued CPL.

My focus is on the Federaly licensed private internet sale of a firearm that meets the 03 criteria.

There is a lot more to it but I am trying to keep my response unbiased.

~Whitney
    You can try that 594 is unconstitutional as applied to people in you circumstance as it only frustrates with no public benefit......
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I am an 03 FFL and I will sign on to a class action lawsuit.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington