• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Central Politburo of Kalifornia: Drunk sex equals rape

NosePicker

Question....does this law only apply to people enrolled at/in schools listed in the law or does it apply to everyone in the state or can it apply to someone who isn't a college student but goes to a campus and has sex with a college student ?

What about a college student who isn't on campus ?

twoskinsonemanns

I tend to agree that a new law is not needed. This seems to be a movement to empower women, which is good, by dishonest means, which is bad.
The idea seems to be to convince women that if they are encouraged to drink alcohol and make a decision to give it up while under the influence they have been raped if they regret the decision the next day.
It doesn't work that way. Everyone has to face the decisions they make even under the influence of a drug.
Obviously sex with someone who can't give consent is illegal and has been. No new law is needed.

The Truth

I tend to agree that a new law is not needed. This seems to be a movement to empower women, which is good, by dishonest means, which is bad.
The idea seems to be to convince women that if they are encouraged to drink alcohol and make a decision to give it up while under the influence they have been raped if they regret the decision the next day.
It doesn't work that way. Everyone has to face the decisions they make even under the influence of a drug.

Obviously sex with someone who can't give consent is illegal and has been. No new law is needed.

Absolutely.