• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Little rest but a productive weekend for our Good Guys CARRY Guns film project!

Ron_O

Some of you know that I've been working on a 2nd Amendment film project for a few months now, which is partially how I ended up on this site (researching gun laws in Nevada). Lots to do but this is a next step in the process.

I had a marathon online session setting up another cog in the wheel of the GGCG project. Things will change and improve but we have a pretty good start in our online presence. Have a look around and see what you think. Keep in mind that this is partially meant to sing to the choir but it's also balanced to pique the interest of the average NON carrier or gun owner.

At some point we hope to bring many of you into the project!

OK a little disclaimer here; this site is not the final product, it's in development. The lead pic of the couple carrying is NOT what we'll be using, it's one of the concepts we're considering for a lead pic. We may feature a concealed carry lead pic with the weapons super-imposed under the clothing or in a purse, but we may also have one of you loan us your super-sized magnum for the lady to OC while the guy OC's something like a pocket .380; the point being the ladies like the big guns and know how to show the guys up; injecting a little humor while sending a message to the general public.

Keep in mind that even now the general non-carrying public has no idea what a good or bad holster is. They only see weapons on 'good people'. This site was put together on a weekend using stock photos and things that were readily accessible.

www.GoodGuyZone.org (Good Guys CARRY Guns)

Last edited:

Dario

With all due respect, the first thing I noticed when I clicked the link was the two holsters and my first thought was "REALLY?" I found it difficult to go beyond that.

Ron_O

I didn't see any particular significance to the two holsters, but I did notice the cluttered HTML5/CSS presentation. While a picture may be worth a thousand words on point, a random scene image is merely cluttering nonsense.

The main photo is one of a dozen types that we've swapped out while we work with the basic presentation. If we go with that theme we'll set up a shoot with models and have our graphic artist design a movie sheet for it. Remember that we're catering to the average citizen who's thinking about carrying, not the long time ex-military aficionado.

It purposely has that 'mass info' look at the top of the pages. Appeals to some but not to others. We're setting it up as an information site for our planned crowdfunding sites to point to. It'll change with time, this is only the initial rollout.

Ron_O

I cleaned it up a bit. It's funny how after you stare at something for 30 hours straight it starts making sense to you...

I'm working with Google templates and there are some things that you just can't do easily. Never used it before and still learning their system. In the old days I just wrote the code but that can take a hella lotta time and still not come out like some of the templates that you can plug into today.

Thanks for your thoughts and input!

wrightme

The text for the links in the 'Good Guys CARRY Guns (The Film Project)' menu area are a bit difficult to make out, a bit more contrast between the black background and the text would help. Not much, but a bit more.

Suggest adding the Hupp video if that fits what you are presenting overall.

Other than that, the page presents well, imho.

Ron_O

I'd love to help out any way I can.

Absolutely. We'll put something together when the time comes. I'd like to get together with you and a few others at some point to discuss several things and strategize a bit.

The text for the links in the 'Good Guys CARRY Guns (The Film Project)' menu area are a bit difficult to make out, a bit more contrast between the black background and the text would help. Not much, but a bit more.

Suggest adding the Hupp video if that fits what you are presenting overall.

Other than that, the page presents well, imho.

Thanks. I think the contrast issue with the links is associated with the fact that the page hasn't fully loaded yet. Until it loads the links are a light gray but once it loads they're a bright gold.

The problem is that when you include videos with a page it causes the pages to load slowly. A lot of people won't get past the first page while checking a site out so you have to try to throw a little of everything at everyone. With videos that's hard because they slow things down.

Actually I've been planning on using the Hupp video but needed more time to find the ones that offered the best screen quality. She actually repeated her testimony not long ago and I think that's the one I'll use. But then I'll have four videos on the front page which will slow it down even more.

I'm really more focused on what you think about the concept of the presentation itself, the project substance. I have some pretty serious groups and individuals to approach and need to use this as a reference point. For example if I approach a business like Walmart or a celebrity to host the show I want to use the site for them to opt in or out with.

Any suggestions for hosting the film? I have several in mind, from casual to serious. We're not sure yet how we'll format it, meaning that we may start with a single well-known host who'll walk the audience through the entire film, or use several to pop in along the way for different segments.

For example we have guys like 'Good Guy' Chuck Woolery, Penn and Teller, Rick Harrison and the guys from Pawn Stars, a Steven Seagal Bruce Willis, or Ted Nugent, or some gun friendly politician or sheriff (of which there are many). Keep in mind that we're trying to address AVERAGE citizens who may or may not have preferences on the 2nd A. Who in your minds would be the ideal host for the show?

Dario

Maybe I'm just nit-picking but the guys retention strap looks impossible to remove in a self defence scenario and the lady's has no retention at all (or belt)! Both look like cheap nylon holsters which I would never recommended for OC.

Ron_O

Maybe I'm just nit-picking but the guys retention strap looks impossible to remove in a self defence scenario and the lady's has no retention at all (or belt)! Both look like cheap nylon holsters which I would never recommended for OC.

Oh we all agree with you. I updated the original post with the disclaimer below. This site is a work in progress and this pic is only ONE of the concepts that we have for a lead pic. It's a place-holder if you will, intended to give a visual while developing the page. I think we're going to go with a couple of people standing back to back with OC's on their sides, the female with a massive revolver and the male with something fairly small. But we're also thinking about maybe shooting them in a supermarket in the fresh food section and a couple of kids standing at their sides. We want to project an image of a 'normalized' OC as much as possible.

OK a little disclaimer here; this site is not the final product, it's in development. The lead pic of the couple carrying is NOT what we'll be using, it's one of the concepts we're considering for a lead pic. We may feature a concealed carry lead pic with the weapons super-imposed under the clothing or in a purse, but we may also have one of you loan us your super-sized magnum for the lady to OC while the guy OC's something like a pocket .380; the point being the ladies like the big guns and know how to show the guys up; injecting a little humor while sending a message to the general public.

Look around a few of the other pages to get a feel for the message. Have a look at the 'The Making of the GGCG Project' page and a few of the others. Thanks for your interest and input!

Keep in mind that even now the general non-carrying public has no idea what a good or bad holster is. They only see weapons on 'good people'. This site was put together on a weekend using stock photos and things that were readily accessible.

www.GoodGuyZone.org (Good Guys CARRY Guns)