Thread: "Soneone is watching me." (A third party, a guru linux user)

"Soneone is watching me." (A third party, a guru linux user)

From journalctl --follow

Sep 28 14:01:01 phenom21 run-parts[2910]: (/etc/cron.hourly) starting mcelog.cron
    Sep 28 14:01:01 phenom21 run-parts[2915]: (/etc/cron.hourly) finished mcelog.cron
    Sep 28 14:02:10 phenom21 org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Sources3[1610]: ** (evolution-source-registry:1887): WARNING **: secret_service_search_sync: must specify at least one attribute to match
    Sep 28 14:12:51 phenom21 dnf[3144]: cachedir: /var/cache/dnf/x86_64/21
    Sep 28 14:12:51 phenom21 dnf[3144]: DNF version: 0.6.1
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I am guessing that folks who deal with that sort of stuff find your post most instructive.

Alas, I am not one of those folks. Please help me out.

My guess is that some computer somewhere was trying to do something to/with your computer. Am I even close?

In closing, let me say that I applaud you for being on at least one of the (apparently) government lists. It shows you are doing something right.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I am guessing that folks who deal with that sort of stuff find your post most instructive.

My guess is that some computer somewhere was trying to do something to/with your computer. Am I even close?

In closing, let me say that I applaud you for being on at least one of the (apparently) government lists. It shows you are doing something right.

stay safe.
    Kind of weird the secret service no? Although I can, say they supposedly investigate "every threat".
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

stay safe.
    I have no doubt I am on somebody's S--t list. And at times there are some people on mine. Mehhhhhh
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Not me, a third party from whom I take instruction in administering my linux OS.

UPDATE! Alabama high school says NSA was monitoring students on social media

The NSA allegedly took an interest in the Lee High School student body after Auseel Yousefi, a straight-A student, posted a series of questionable tweets about getting into fights and hitting a teacher. Yousefi claims the tweets were intended in jest, but school security officials searched the student’s car and found a weapon, which he says is a “jeweled dagger from a Renaissance fair.”

That was all the evidence school authorities needed to expel Yousefi for the semester and launch a district-wide information-gathering program aimed at discovering security threats and identifying gang members. The subsequent investigation led to a series of expulsions of students who were found posing on social media holding guns or throwing gang signs.

http://fusion.net/story/18656/alabam...-social-media/

Update? Based on the OP, are you a student at the high skrool?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

It's nothing. Not to get too technical, it's basically a way for two programs to share confidential data on the same box. It's post of his desktop system and is perfectly normal operation. And, since it's Linux, the source code is out there and open for review.

stay safe.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I have no doubt I am on somebody's S--t list. And at times there are some people on mine. Mehhhhhh
    Deadman switch .... option for u ?