• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My response to a Rand 2016 fundraising email

()pen(arry

I gave him a little money for his original Senate campaign, really just because of his father. Now he's positioned himself as the head cheerleader for the 2014 Republican Senate campaign. Does that make him Mitch McConnell's toady?

"Liz",

I know this was an automated message sent to everyone on your mailing list, but I'll answer anyway, just in case anyone ever reads this.

Whatever differences actually exist between Republicans and Democrats, and there are precious few, they reduce to niggling details, inconsequential nothings, when viewed from the broader perspective of individual liberty. I view Rand generally favorably, but he's far from being his father, who had even his own imperfections. But I have absolutely zero regard for the Republican Party. None. The Republican Party is so indistinguishable from the Democratic Party that I have no preference of one over the other. No preference whatsoever. The lesser-of-two-evils canard is false choice nonsense, especially when neither is actually lesser.

Tell Rand that if he ever wants a penny of my money again, he needs to come to me as an advocate of liberty, first and only. I have no regard for this petty and fruitless inter-party slap fight.

davidmcbeth

Banned
+1

You have the communist party and the super-communist party.

I left the GOP in the mid-90's when they refused to eliminate the dept. of Ed when they had their chance