Thread: Carrying across state line?

Carrying across state line?

I live in Mississippi and frequently go into Memphis, TN. I know that in TN you have to have a permit to open carry or conceal carry. In MS you have to have a permit to conceal but not open (if I read that law correctly). But I can't find anything about conceal carry or open carry across the MS line into TN. I keep a .380 in my truck but with all the attacks in Memphis lately but mobs, I'm really not comfortable not having it on me. Can anyone tell me what the law is on carrying across the MS/TN stateline is for open and conceal carry. I would prefer open. But conceal works. It's just not as much of a deterrent.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Multiple posts of the same thing is a violation of Forum Rules and is considered spamming.

Previously posted on

(7) NO SPAMMING: Links to spam/membership sites not related directly to firearms are NOT allowed under any circumstances! It is also considered spamming to post the same thread (even valid ones) to multiple forums.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.