• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pulled Over while Open Carrying?

ron73440

Ron, you are operating under the presumption the LEO's stop would be routine and the LE isn't going to ask you to step out for whatever their pretense, which is within their purview w/o RAS explained...far fetched and maybe i am projecting, nawllll ~ stranger things have occurred as evidenced in Fl recently. the ensuing discussion between you two i am sure would be quite tense and possibly lead to you having to defend yourself in a judicial environment as you will remember the LE on the scene has complete authority and your defence is made in front of the judge.

ipse

So far, no problems, I've even started to drive slower to avoid interactions(not to mention the stupid fines), but if I do get an idiot, that's why I carry a recorder.

I figure you have the same chance of anything happening while you get a ticket as there is in public OC'ing.

solus

The absence of a cite, requested by me of solus, to law reveals that your post strikes the heart of my point.

+1

i'm sorry, OC4ME, re-read'g your posts on this thread i fail to see anything remotely stating...yo solus, can you provide me with a cite?

in the interests of fair play could you show me where you specifically said provide me with a cite?

thanks

ipse

OC for ME

I am at a loss, Sir, ... Again, taking you at your word, is there or is there not a requirement in the law to inform? ...

i'm sorry, OC4ME, re-read'g your posts on this thread i fail to see anything remotely stating...yo solus, can you provide me with a cite?

in the interests of fair play could you show me where you specifically said provide me with a cite?

thanks

ipse
Granted, I did not use the term "cite." If this omission relieves you, in your view, of the forum rule burden, I respectfully withdraw the request.