• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer shoots and kills 68 yo great-grandfather through his car door in his driveway

Jeff. State

Banned
IMO the LEO "Rule #1" has been amended to...............................

Just Kill!

The "warrior" mindset is being MASSIVELY promoted in AmeriKan "Law" enFORCEment nationwide. It is being reflected everyday in the deaths and injuries of The People of this nation.

“A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.”

WalkingWolf

These shootings are mostly blacks. When the hell is Obama going to step up? Or congress for that matter?

While it happens to other races there is a clear pattern here of racial profiling and execution, based on contempt of cop.

Over 90% of Blacks voted for Obama, when are they going to demand he honor their vote?

Last edited:

OC for ME

Experts say it's the first time an officer was charged in a fatal shooting in roughly a decade. But the grand jury opted for "misconduct in office," a charge used for sheriffs who make inmates do their personal work, or officers who ask for bribes. Their single-page indictment, returned in August, contains no details other than accusing Craven of "using excessive force and failing to follow and use proper procedures."
Experts, what do they know.

Misconduct in office...ya think!

The Truth

"Edgefield County deputies who joined in the chase reported that Craven ran up to Satterwhite's parked car and fired several shots into the driver's side door, telling the other officers that Satterwhite tried to grab his gun. The other officers couldn't get Satterwhite's door open, so they broke the passenger side window, unlocked that door and dragged him out."

Seems to be the go-to argument. Another shameful Grand Jury decision too. I'm seeing a pattern.

"Seven months after the funeral, and eight days after his indictment, Craven was put on administrative leave — with pay."

More pretty patterns...

I also love how Yahoo makes it a point to note everyone's race.

WalkingWolf

Yes there does seem to be a pattern emerging to use "he was trying to grab my gun" excuse to shoot people. How the hell was he trying to grab his gun while still sitting in his car? What idiot would intentionally get that close for a gun grab?

OC for ME

No video, that we know of, and no witness, so the cop's version must be believed as the truth of the matter. The cop was indicted for nothing more that misconduct...so there it is.

sudden valley gunner

Grand juries at one time were meant to keep public employees in check.

Is the prosecutor involved in picking, instructing or giving evidence/testimony to the grand jury?

Fallschirjmäger

Is the prosecutor involved in picking, instructing or giving evidence/testimony to the grand jury?
Yes and yes.
The prosecuting attorney has the same right of dismissal as the defense attorney (but in a Grand Jury there Is no defense attorney). This means the prosecuting attorney gets who he wants.

The prosecuting attorney is also the only side that presents evidence to the Grand Jury. This means the prosecution determines how strong a case is presented.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/why-prosecutors-choose-grand-juries-preliminary.html

The Truth

Yes and yes.
The prosecuting attorney has the same right of dismissal as the defense attorney (but in a Grand Jury there Is no defense attorney). This means the prosecuting attorney gets who he wants.

The prosecuting attorney is also the only side that presents evidence to the Grand Jury. This means the prosecution determines how strong a case is presented.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/why-prosecutors-choose-grand-juries-preliminary.html

...which is absolutely bat sh!t insane.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Yes and yes.

And the attorney is part of the law enforcement community....so I see a conflict of interest here.

sudden valley gunner

Yes and yes.

Sadly injust.

...which is absolutely bat sh!t insane.
+1

An ancient system that worked well was not having the prosecutor involved in grand juries at all. That need to be brought back.

countryclubjoe

A Federal prosecutor should be appointed for these types of crimes... It is basically a "hate crime" leo hates citizen hence the need for a federal prosecutor...

My .02

CCJ

WalkingWolf

A Federal prosecutor should be appointed for these types of crimes... It is basically a "hate crime" leo hates citizen hence the need for a federal prosecutor...

My .02

CCJ

It is well past isolated incidents, and certainly not random incidents. It has become common, much too common. Time for some type of citizen control of law enforcement.

Jeff. State

Banned

My .02

CCJ

The "Feds" are more of an enemy than their local comrades.

No, modern day Redcoats must be dealt with the same way their predecessors were 238 years ago.

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

Save the beer primus you need something to wash your doughnut down with :):):):):)