• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer shoots and kills 68 yo great-grandfather through his car door in his driveway

stealthyeliminator

"A prosecutor, in a rare action against a police officer, sought to charge him ..."

Rare indeed. What isn't so rare is that when one of these rare events occur the charges are lessened compared to what a civilian counterpart would be facing.

sudden valley gunner

How do you propose we deal with them? Throw their tea in the water?

Since you guys refuse to police yourselves, voting isn't working, suing isn't working, you tell us how we are to deal with it?

I am telling you there are sides brewing, the people will only take so much.

Primus

Since you guys refuse to police yourselves, voting isn't working, suing isn't working, you tell us how we are to deal with it?

I am telling you there are sides brewing, the people will only take so much.
I disagree. Voting and suing both work. The problem is for every smart freedom minded individual voting or suing there 10 or 20 liberals or idiots voting the exact opposite way and playing politics so its harder to sue.

For example the new MDA trend. Now the "hoping for execution" stuff. Nothing to do with .gov. That's good old citizens attacking other citizens and inciting violence against them. For every bill yourself and others working to get passed in the legislation they are working on the other side.

I can tell you whats happening in PA is NOT working.

PistolPackingMomma

I disagree. Voting and suing both work. The problem is for every smart freedom minded individual voting or suing there 10 or 20 liberals or idiots voting the exact opposite way and playing politics so its harder to sue.

They work, IF you have 1 or more of the following; 1. A large amount of money and time 2. Significant clout or 3. Overwhelming support/evidence that cannot be ignored.

In reality, what really happens is summed up in an exchange between another forum member and me. He said if I dislike how things are done, vote to change it. And then professed he thinks my way of doing things are dangerous to society (ohmyygawdz, make the Non Agression Principle stahp!!!) And would vote against me at every turn to insure my change would never occur. So he tells me to work for change if I don't like the status quo, but he will do everything he can to make sure I don't actually succeed.

What an advanced, intelligent system.

For example the new MDA trend. Now the "hoping for execution" stuff. Nothing to do with .gov. That's good old citizens attacking other citizens and inciting violence against them.

The MDA moms are not going out and shooting OC'ers themselves, despite their armchair posturing. Their preferred MO is to use the police as executioners. This is not citizen against citizen, but citizen using the aggression of the State as a weapon against people that have done them no harm. So, yeah, the .gov is involved.

For every bill yourself and others working to get passed in the legislation they are working on the other side.

Because legislation is definitely not mental fellatio. It's effective, kids. Play politics!!!

WalkingWolf

For example the new MDA trend. Now the "hoping for execution" stuff. Nothing to do with .gov. That's good old citizens attacking other citizens and inciting violence against them. For every bill yourself and others working to get passed in the legislation they are working on the other side.

What happened in PA was wrong, pure wrong. BUT there is a growing sentiment of support for such events, very very much growing. I abhor the thought of killing innocent persons, LEO included.

But some LEO are not innocent, and get away with murder. It appears the only way for justice is vigilantism. We are getting closer to seeing Mussolini type executions, somebody better wake up, and fast. Time is running out.

sudden valley gunner

They work, IF you have 1 or more of the following; 1. A large amount of money and time 2. Significant clout or 3. Overwhelming support/evidence that cannot be ignored.

In reality, what really happens is summed up in an exchange between another forum member and me. He said if I dislike how things are done, vote to change it. And then professed he thinks my way of doing things are dangerous to society (ohmyygawdz, make the Non Agression Principle stahp!!!) And would vote against me at every turn to insure my change would never occur. So he tells me to work for change if I don't like the status quo, but he will do everything he can to make sure I don't actually succeed.

What an advanced, intelligent system.

The MDA moms are not going out and shooting OC'ers themselves, despite their armchair posturing. Their preferred MO is to use the police as executioners. This is not citizen against citizen, but citizen using the aggression of the State as a weapon against people that have done them no harm. So, yeah, the .gov is involved.

Because legislation is definitely not mental fellatio. It's effective, kids. Play politics!!!

+1

sudden valley gunner

What happened in PA was wrong, pure wrong. BUT there is a growing sentiment of support for such events, very very much growing. I abhor the thought of killing innocent persons, LEO included.

But some LEO are not innocent, and get away with murder. It appears the only way for justice is vigilantism. We are getting closer to seeing Mussolini type executions, somebody better wake up, and fast. Time is running out.

The choice of the "good cops" are getting clearer every day.

FlyBoy276

He went for his gun? Right. That means you were too close to the vehicle, and are too ignorant to just take a step backwards. If an officer approaches me and tries to remove my sidearm from the holster, is he 'going for my gun' and I'm allowed to execute him in the middle of Wal-Mart? :rolleyes:

How much do you want to bet that this man was shot through the window, shattering it, and the investigation finds that the window mechanism is in the up position?

WalkingWolf

He went for his gun? Right. That means you were too close to the vehicle, and are too ignorant to just take a step backwards. If an officer approaches me and tries to remove my sidearm from the holster, is he 'going for my gun' and I'm allowed to execute him in the middle of Wal-Mart? :rolleyes:

How much do you want to bet that this man was shot through the window, shattering it, and the investigation finds that the window mechanism is in the up position?

IMO it is just another rage shooting the only justification is anger. It should not be any more acceptable for police than citizens.