• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at a polling place?

alquix

Election season is coming up! I would like to OC at my polling place in support of 2A. Has anyone ever done this? To complicate matters, my polling place is a middle school. Are there any statutes or court cases that would keep this from being possible?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
AFAIK, schools are out, unfortunately. I do not see any exceptions to the state laws against firearms possession at schools. (NRS 202.265)

Polling places elsewhere would be good to go, and if one were to try to give you grief over it, please get it recorded. It might be a serious crime to interfere with a voter.

If a private business opts to be a polling place, I don't see how they can enforce trespassing on a voter while that person is directly involved in that activity on their property.

Here is the law on voters' rights: NRS 293.2546

Honestly, I think one SHOULD be able to argue being armed at a school while voting. But I will guess that it might take a couple courtrooms before that right is hopefully affirmed.

Last edited:

Merlin

I always make it a point to early vote so I don't get stuck at a school, for just this reason. I have oc'd the last several times I voted, with no issues at all. Had some great conversations in line.

The Big Guy

One of the Swiss cantons REQUIRES (at least, they did a few years ago) voters to come to the polls armed (except for those with registered excuses).

This may be why my Swiss K31 is one of my favorite firearms...

TBG

garand_guy

This may be why my Swiss K31 is one of my favorite firearms...

TBG

I really, really wish I was into guns 10 years ago. I would have bought all the nice surplus guns from Big 5 that were out. M1 carbines, K31s, Lee Enfield No 4. Tsk tsk tsk. I screwed up.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Election season is coming up! I would like to OC at my polling place in support of 2A. Has anyone ever done this? To complicate matters, my polling place is a middle school. Are there any statutes or court cases that would keep this from being possible?
You can't carry on school grounds per NRS 202.265.

I always early vote here in Reno and I've always open carried while doing so. Early voting is done at a lot of private places like shopping malls.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Another OC'er

The wife and I went to Albertsons Horizon and College this evening. As we were going for the front door I noticed the sign up about early voting and suggested to my wife we get'er done. As we were standing there, a couple coming out of the voting area hollered to us that if we were looking for the polling place it was down at the end of the building. After they passed us by I looked back and noticed he was OC. I didn't want to yell across the parking lot so we just went on in.

TBG

BBJCaptain

The last few times I went by myself to Vote. In 2012 I went with my boys and my youngest sent me this today to remind me to getter done early

RM

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 89