Thread: Guns, CDC, Ebola and Obama. Secret Service missed man with gun in elevator with Obama

Guns, CDC, Ebola and Obama. Secret Service missed man with gun in elevator with Obama

A man with a gun that the Secret Service did not know about rode in an elevator with President Obama during his visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta on Sept. 16.
    [ ... ]
    When he didnít deny taking the photos, his CDC supervisor, who was on hand for the interview, said the behavior was highly irresponsible and told him to hand over his gun, shocking the Secret Service officers who were questioning the man.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/exclus...rticle/2554185
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    I would not get out of an elevator for that idiot ... he can catch the next one or ride with me and take his chances...

You want Biden as pres? Shotguns for everyone ! Don't forget to shooting them everyday to keep the boogie-man away.

The real story is the non-story. Armed weird guy not vetted and approved by gov't rides in elevator with POTUS and nothing happens.

Worse.

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    The real story is the non-story. Armed weird guy not vetted and approved by gov't rides in elevator with POTUS and nothing happens.
    "Agents became alarmed during Obamaís trip to Atlanta after discovering that a private security contractor working for the CDC with a criminal record had a gun within arms-length of the president, but superiors told them not to file "any paperwork" or initiate an investigation, according to two sources familiar with the case. http://washingtonexaminer.com/no-paper-trail-in-cdc-gun-incident/article/2554209"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "Agents became alarmed during Obamaís trip to Atlanta after discovering that a private security contractor working for the CDC with a criminal record had a gun within arms-length of the president, but superiors told them not to file "any paperwork" or initiate an investigation, according to two sources familiar with the case. http://washingtonexaminer.com/no-paper-trail-in-cdc-gun-incident/article/2554209"
    speeding is a crime in some states ... ho-hum.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    speeding is a crime in some states ... ho-hum.
    My first thought is always some kind of consensual victimless crime until shown otherwise.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

UPDATE!! Guard fired after Obama visit: 'This is a nightmare' VIDEO

Tate, 49, said the high point of his $42,000-a-year job was when he was assigned to accompany the president during his visit to the CDC's Atlanta headquarters seven weeks ago for a briefing on the Ebola epidemic, reports The New York Times.

An investigation conducted shortly after the president's visit revealed that Tate was carrying a CDC-issued firearm, a violation of Secret Service protocols ó and a security lapse that the agency's director at the time, Julia Pierson, never mentioned to the White House, the paper adds.

The Washington Post initially reported that Tate had been convicted of crimes, but subsequently corrected the claim.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...isit/18451405/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_xOglWtwIc

It seems that the CDC was following their protocols. Taking a photo of the POTUS, in public, is not a crime...or is it.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare