Thread: Miller MO OC....banned?

Miller MO OC....banned?

Hey guys, I have family coming in from Colorado and I live in Neosho. What I would like to know, since we are having a family reunion in Miller, is whether OC is banned in Miller or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Torquemaster69 View Post
    Hey guys, I have family coming in from Colorado and I live in Neosho. What I would like to know, since we are having a family reunion in Miller, is whether OC is banned in Miller or not.
    What is the date of the event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shoot low boys, their ridin' shetland ponies"

Quote Originally Posted by Torquemaster69 View Post
    I would recommend a search for their city/town ordinances, if there's no law on the books restricting it, then you're good to go. Also, if you have a CCW (permission slip) and they do have an ordinance, then you're still good to go. I tried a quick google search, but didn't really find anything. Maybe someone that lives in the area will chime in with more information, but that's about the best I've got from up here in Kansas City.

Call this number, (417) 452-3371, listed as the city clerks office. Ask them what the city code is.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Remember SB656 takes effect on October 11th, so if Miller has an OC ban OC'ing before Oct. 11th is illegal. Best bet to verify their ordinance would be to go to the police department and ask to see the weapons offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by xdmcompact View Post
    Remember SB656 takes effect on October 11th, so if Miller has an OC ban OC'ing before Oct. 11th is illegal. Best bet to verify their ordinance would be to go to the police department and ask to see the weapons offenses.
    Perhaps best to clarify for the OP that SB656 preempts local OC ordinances only if one has a CC license/permit.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."