• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns in Post Offices lawsuit moves one step closer

nonameisgood

"20 stores in this parking lot, so please identify each and every parking place owned by the post office, and please draw a line and place signs so I can tell where Walmart's paving ends and the post office begins. The asphalt and striping are identical, so I suspect that your silly rule does not apply here."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"20 stores in this parking lot, so please identify each and every parking place owned by the post office, and please draw a line and place signs so I can tell where Walmart's paving ends and the post office begins. The asphalt and striping are identical, so I suspect that your silly rule does not apply here."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shopping center common area parking lots are not USPS property; unlike free standing, dedicated and owned USPS facilities. No cite provided.

Logan 5

What are they going to do? Search EVERY vehicle that comes and goes each and every day at the USPS parking lot? Then don't park in the parking lot, but out in the street parking. Or go ahead and have guns in your car when parking there. Unless they are readily visible, how will they know if you have a gun on board? They won't. And if they enter your car without your consent, they are still government and they still need a warrant or something that justifies it by exigent circumstances. No EC, no RAS, no PC, even the Feds can fall there. IIRC Bivens Act kicks in. But then, I ain't a lawyer, just a common-everyday-joe-schmoe.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I would have a lot more respect for SCOTUS if they would overturn laws for being absurd, unenforceable, and pointless.

But, since our society placed law on an altar, declaring it to be identical with morality and worthy of enforcement for no reason but its own sake, we get this kind of crap: government self-righteously declaring within its lawful authority that which is impossible, futile, or pointless.

Well, it's within my rightful authority to fly to Alpha Centauri. The difference is, I won't spend countless appropriated tax dollars to pontificate on the fact, nor will I occasionally cage a human being for failing to espouse this proclamation.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I would have a lot more respect for SCOTUS if they would overturn laws for being absurd, unenforceable, and pointless.

But, since our society placed law on an altar, declaring it to be identical with morality and worthy of enforcement for no reason but its own sake, we get this kind of crap: government self-righteously declaring within its lawful authority that which is impossible, futile, or pointless.

Well, it's within my rightful authority to fly to Alpha Centauri. The difference is, I won't spend countless appropriated tax dollars to pontificate on the fact, nor will I occasionally cage a human being for failing to espouse this proclamation.

Its too bad they confuse legislation with law. ;)

since9

Campaign Veteran
Well there you have it. A federal court has made an illegal ruling and we the people will lay back and take it. Another unessesary loss of freedom

So... Don't lay back and take it. Write your Congressmen, both Representative and Senators. Call them. Lodge your complaint i.e "petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The phrase, “A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost” is not limited in application to the First Amendment. It applies to the entire Constitution, and if you don't exercise your First Amendment rights as much as your Second Amendment rights, you'll lose them all.