Moms Demand Supporters Hope For More Executions Of Open Carriers

Speechless, just speechless.

http://bearingarms.com/moms-demand-s...open-carriers/

Be Careful out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post

Be Careful out there.
    Thanks for posting it. MDA is showing themselves as leftist radicals, which they are. I hope they get more radical, so the general populace see them for what they are.

I agree, the more this type of behavior by them that is shared and people can see just how psycho some of these anti-gun people are, the better.

Not much exposure to the citizenry at large from the Bearing Arms website.

What is odd is that the posts (Facebook?) were not reported, or maybe they were, to the respective cop shops. Those seem to be actual names with photos. A mom being investigated for threatening to SWAT another citizen would, maybe, get cops a wee bit aggravated. Maybe not. Cops being sent on a SWATing spree, it is reported, really do not like that and cops are claiming to work vigorously to prosecute the SWATer once found.

Then again, if there were no SWAT...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Bob Owens summarized it well with at his closing. Paraphrasing: "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

I hear these "people" are coming to Colorado - I don't think they'll like the OC reception they get here. You want me executed for OC? Step up and try it "moms".

I hope that if such an incident ever occurs, it happens to an off-duty officer wearing body armor, who then turns around and performs a mag dump in to the victim of Darwinism.

Quote Originally Posted by The Article
    They simply don’t care.

They think that having a difference of opinion over how to exercise your legal rights is worthy of a death sentence.

We’ve noted this before, and will no doubt note it again: those who belong to the gun control cult aren’t remotely against violence. They’re very much in favor of violence.*What they are very much against is armed resistance.

These are the people that Founding Fathers warned us about.
    As deepdiver pointed out, this pretty much encapsulates the entire "gun control" movement

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoy276 View Post
    I hope that if such an incident ever occurs, it happens to an off-duty officer wearing body armor, who then turns around and performs a mag dump in to the victim of Darwinism.
    Something about the hypothetical scenario you present makes me think it will soon happen, if it hasn't already happened somewhere.
    The only problem I have with it is that the antis, being the horrible shots that they are due to their (alleged) aversion to guns, will likely hit innocents in trying to murder the perceived OCer (the undercover cop). In turn, the cop would likely also be a bad shot (considering recent, high-profile events), hitting more innocents still.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Banned
    Well, some folks may just start calling on them ... saying that they brandished the gun and then hid it in their purse...

When they start getting shot, then they'll complain ...

So it's now inarguable that MDA is anti-cop as well.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

These people demand "gun sense" yet call for the widespread slaughter of law-abiding citizens.

It's absolutely clear these people haven't any sense whatsoever. They would have you believe that such base tactics belong only to others, yet all one needs to do to convince themselves otherwise is to visit their site, post a clear fact or two, and watch their Bloomberg-issues mallets whack away.

These "Moms Demand Action" zealots are the worst sort of citizen, extremely passionate about their idealistic cause, yet utterly void of any salient ability to rationally perform basic statistical analysis. They're incapable of accepting the simple fact that wherever gun laws have been relaxed over the last thirty years throughout the U.S., crime has dropped, yet in those few locations whee gun laws have increased, crime has risen. The idea that a well-armed general populace is the greatest deterrent against crime is simply beyond their comprehension.

Ordinarily, I would simply ignore them. Sadly, they have involved themselves in the business of changing our laws to the detriment of every class of citizen except those who are unlawful. Yes, they pander to criminals. By attempting to restrict our right to keep and bear arms as recognized and protected by both our State and Federal Constitutions, not to mention a slew of recent Federal and Supreme Court decisions, they are engaging in that old Roman tradition of collapse from within, political lobotomy, where neither ration nor reason are employed in the governance of the people.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    The worse part with this article was the included comments section in the article. Man those extremists are really violent. Imagine what would be reported if we were to say, "Anytime I see an anti-gun sign, I'm going to believe I am looking at a communist and just pull on him and kill him".

Those people are certifiably nuts.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 10-05-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    The worse part with this article was the included comments section in the article. Man those extremists are really violent. Imagine what would be reported if we were to say, "Anytime I see an anti-gun sign, I'm going to believe I am looking at a communist and just pull on him and kill him".

Those people are certifiably nuts.
    Are they? After all, cops shoot people after such calls ..

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Are they?
    "Are they?"

Are you out of your freaking' gourd? Did you even READ the article? Grow a brain!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

liberals are hitting us with a DOS attack!

I have a legal question regarding SWATting.

If:

* someone has made an online post encouraging others to and/or stating that they will be SWATting open carriers (or for that matter shooting them him/herself), and
    * this online post is in some sort of a public forum (a BBS / FB / Twitter / etc.) and therefore can be documented, and
    * the identity of the poster can be verified,
    * there is an open carrier in the same geographic area as this individual who made the threatening post(s),

Can that open carrier obtain a restraining order against that individual, since the poster has essentially threatened his/her life?

Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post

Be Careful out there.
    This shows their true colors.... They are hopelessly deranged people....

Quote Originally Posted by mdak06 View Post
    Can that open carrier obtain a restraining order against that individual, since the poster has essentially threatened his/her life?
    IANAL but believe the threat needs to be particular. So the strongest case would likely be in a very small town where the poster said they would do the shooting and it would be reasonable for the target to feel threatened by the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    thanks for the link

man those moms are a bit on the crazy side
    Welcome to OCDO and greetings from sunny, dry Tucson Melissa!

The sad part about those kinds of people is that as long as it suits their purpose, they're willing to support the very acts they claim to be against.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdak06 View Post
    I have a legal question regarding SWATting.

If:

* someone has made an online post encouraging others to and/or stating that they will be SWATting open carriers (or for that matter shooting them him/herself), and
    * this online post is in some sort of a public forum (a BBS / FB / Twitter / etc.) and therefore can be documented, and
    * the identity of the poster can be verified,
    * there is an open carrier in the same geographic area as this individual who made the threatening post(s),

Of what value is a restraining order? None IMO.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Gordon Adkins · Hard Knocks University
    Oh Lordy... so, Linda's gonna shoot the safari guy, some random person is going to shoot Linda, then someone else needs to shoot random person ...now that random person needs to be shot, and to infinity.... I might just get that parking spot after all.

Not to make light of these rants by the uneducated, but this is by far the best response to the story.
    Last edited by KySIGGuy; 10-30-2014 at 09:14 AM.
    “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.”
    - Hunter S. Thompson

"The strength of the Constitution, lies in the will of the people to defend it."
    - Thomas Edison.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Of what value is a restraining order? None IMO.
    Restraining orders and gun-free zones serve no other purpose than to give the justice system some teeth to lock people up, or lock them up longer, if they cross the line.

They do nothing to actually protect anyone, and have caused some good people to come to harm.

Instead of merely railing against the system, however, I'd like to propose some alternatives:

1. Ensure those who are stalked are armed and well-trained, should they so desire.

2. If not, give them a 3G/4G "panic button" they can keep in their pocket. If pressed, cops respond. AFTER they're on their way, dispatch calls the individual to confirm it's genuine. If they're under duress, they "confirm" they're ok with anything but the actual "I'm ok" code.

3. Get rid of the mindbogglingly stupid "gun-free" zones. They're magnets for both criminals and the criminally insane and a threat to everyone who has no option but to be there. Like students.

The value of the RO would be to inform the would-be swatter that there may be legal consequences if they falsely report criminal activity.

I would never suggest they it would actually stop them. But it might make them think about the consequences of their actions.

I would love to see cops responding to a MWAG call and after observing the calmly armed shopper, exit the store with the caller in hand cuffs.

Wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I would love to see cops responding to a MWAG call and after observing the calmly armed shopper, exit the store with the caller in hand cuffs.

Wouldn't you?
    Sure would be nice! But ... It is doubtful many LEA's will be trying very hard to find them.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi