• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demand Supporters Hope For More Executions Of Open Carriers

rscottie

I agree, the more this type of behavior by them that is shared and people can see just how psycho some of these anti-gun people are, the better.

OC for ME

Not much exposure to the citizenry at large from the Bearing Arms website.

What is odd is that the posts (Facebook?) were not reported, or maybe they were, to the respective cop shops. Those seem to be actual names with photos. A mom being investigated for threatening to SWAT another citizen would, maybe, get cops a wee bit aggravated. Maybe not. Cops being sent on a SWATing spree, it is reported, really do not like that and cops are claiming to work vigorously to prosecute the SWATer once found.

Then again, if there were no SWAT...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Bob Owens summarized it well with at his closing. Paraphrasing: "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

FlyBoy276

I hope that if such an incident ever occurs, it happens to an off-duty officer wearing body armor, who then turns around and performs a mag dump in to the victim of Darwinism.

Rusty Young Man

The Article said:
They simply don’t care.

They think that having a difference of opinion over how to exercise your legal rights is worthy of a death sentence.

We’ve noted this before, and will no doubt note it again: those who belong to the gun control cult aren’t remotely against violence. They’re very much in favor of violence.*What they are very much against is armed resistance.

These are the people that Founding Fathers warned us about.

As deepdiver pointed out, this pretty much encapsulates the entire "gun control" movement

I hope that if such an incident ever occurs, it happens to an off-duty officer wearing body armor, who then turns around and performs a mag dump in to the victim of Darwinism.

Something about the hypothetical scenario you present makes me think it will soon happen, if it hasn't already happened somewhere.:confused:
The only problem I have with it is that the antis, being the horrible shots that they are due to their (alleged) aversion to guns, will likely hit innocents in trying to murder the perceived OCer (the undercover cop). In turn, the cop would likely also be a bad shot (considering recent, high-profile events), hitting more innocents still.:(

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, some folks may just start calling on them ... saying that they brandished the gun and then hid it in their purse...

When they start getting shot, then they'll complain ...

since9

Campaign Veteran
These people demand "gun sense" yet call for the widespread slaughter of law-abiding citizens.

It's absolutely clear these people haven't any sense whatsoever. They would have you believe that such base tactics belong only to others, yet all one needs to do to convince themselves otherwise is to visit their site, post a clear fact or two, and watch their Bloomberg-issues mallets whack away.

These "Moms Demand Action" zealots are the worst sort of citizen, extremely passionate about their idealistic cause, yet utterly void of any salient ability to rationally perform basic statistical analysis. They're incapable of accepting the simple fact that wherever gun laws have been relaxed over the last thirty years throughout the U.S., crime has dropped, yet in those few locations whee gun laws have increased, crime has risen. The idea that a well-armed general populace is the greatest deterrent against crime is simply beyond their comprehension.

Ordinarily, I would simply ignore them. Sadly, they have involved themselves in the business of changing our laws to the detriment of every class of citizen except those who are unlawful. Yes, they pander to criminals. By attempting to restrict our right to keep and bear arms as recognized and protected by both our State and Federal Constitutions, not to mention a slew of recent Federal and Supreme Court decisions, they are engaging in that old Roman tradition of collapse from within, political lobotomy, where neither ration nor reason are employed in the governance of the people.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The worse part with this article was the included comments section in the article. Man those extremists are really violent. Imagine what would be reported if we were to say, "Anytime I see an anti-gun sign, I'm going to believe I am looking at a communist and just pull on him and kill him".

Those people are certifiably nuts.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
The worse part with this article was the included comments section in the article. Man those extremists are really violent. Imagine what would be reported if we were to say, "Anytime I see an anti-gun sign, I'm going to believe I am looking at a communist and just pull on him and kill him".

Those people are certifiably nuts.

Are they? After all, cops shoot people after such calls ..

mdak06

I have a legal question regarding SWATting.

If:

* someone has made an online post encouraging others to and/or stating that they will be SWATting open carriers (or for that matter shooting them him/herself), and
* this online post is in some sort of a public forum (a BBS / FB / Twitter / etc.) and therefore can be documented, and
* the identity of the poster can be verified,
* there is an open carrier in the same geographic area as this individual who made the threatening post(s),

Can that open carrier obtain a restraining order against that individual, since the poster has essentially threatened his/her life?

PeterNSteinmetz

Can that open carrier obtain a restraining order against that individual, since the poster has essentially threatened his/her life?

IANAL but believe the threat needs to be particular. So the strongest case would likely be in a very small town where the poster said they would do the shooting and it would be reasonable for the target to feel threatened by the statement.

Rusty Young Man

thanks for the link

man those moms are a bit on the crazy side

Welcome to OCDO and greetings from sunny, dry Tucson Melissa!:)

The sad part about those kinds of people is that as long as it suits their purpose, they're willing to support the very acts they claim to be against.:banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have a legal question regarding SWATting.

If:

* someone has made an online post encouraging others to and/or stating that they will be SWATting open carriers (or for that matter shooting them him/herself), and
* this online post is in some sort of a public forum (a BBS / FB / Twitter / etc.) and therefore can be documented, and
* the identity of the poster can be verified,
* there is an open carrier in the same geographic area as this individual who made the threatening post(s),

Of what value is a restraining order? None IMO.