• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demand Supporters Hope For More Executions Of Open Carriers

KySIGGuy

Gordon Adkins · Hard Knocks University
Oh Lordy... so, Linda's gonna shoot the safari guy, some random person is going to shoot Linda, then someone else needs to shoot random person ...now that random person needs to be shot, and to infinity.... I might just get that parking spot after all.

Not to make light of these rants by the uneducated, but this is by far the best response to the story.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Of what value is a restraining order? None IMO.

Restraining orders and gun-free zones serve no other purpose than to give the justice system some teeth to lock people up, or lock them up longer, if they cross the line.

They do nothing to actually protect anyone, and have caused some good people to come to harm.

Instead of merely railing against the system, however, I'd like to propose some alternatives:

1. Ensure those who are stalked are armed and well-trained, should they so desire.

2. If not, give them a 3G/4G "panic button" they can keep in their pocket. If pressed, cops respond. AFTER they're on their way, dispatch calls the individual to confirm it's genuine. If they're under duress, they "confirm" they're ok with anything but the actual "I'm ok" code.

3. Get rid of the mindbogglingly stupid "gun-free" zones. They're magnets for both criminals and the criminally insane and a threat to everyone who has no option but to be there. Like students.

mdak06

The value of the RO would be to inform the would-be swatter that there may be legal consequences if they falsely report criminal activity.

I would never suggest they it would actually stop them. But it might make them think about the consequences of their actions.

FreeInAZ

I would love to see cops responding to a MWAG call and after observing the calmly armed shopper, exit the store with the caller in hand cuffs.

Wouldn't you?

Sure would be nice! But ... It is doubtful many LEA's will be trying very hard to find them.