• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MO Leadership Project targets Rep who killed the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act

Renegadez

We all worked hard to pass the strongest protection against unconstitutional federal gun control in the Country, but in the end Floor Leader Rep. John Diehl killed the Second Amendment Preservation Act (SAPA).

It all came down to May 16, the last day of the legislative session. As the Floor Leader, John Diehl had the power to either bring bills to the floor to be debated and voted on, or he could table them forever. We had worked hard to advance two versions of SAPA -- SB 613 and HB 1439 -- and both needed only one more vote by the House of Representatives and they would be sent to the Governor.

Floor Leader John Diehl refused to listen to the thousands of people who either testified in person or filled out witness forms. In the end, he sided with Governor Nixon, who vetoed SAPA in 2013.

Diehl actually had three options for passing SAPA:

He could have brought SB 613 to the floor for a final vote.
He could have brought HB 1439, as approved by the Senate, to the floor for a final vote.
Or, if he felt like HB 1439 needed an amendment (it didn't), he could have brought it up early on that last day of the year's legislative session, so it would have time to go back to the Senate for their final approval. If the Senate didn't approve of the House amendment, there would have been time to go back and pass the version previously approved by the Senate.

John Diehl chose none of those options. Instead, he waited, and waited, until 5:40 when there was only 20 minutes left, to pass HB 1439 and send it to the Senate. That made the bill an easy target for a liberal filibuster. HB 1439 was on the senate floor with ultra-liberal Sen. Jolie Justus filibustering it when the final bell rang.

John Diehl purposely killed the Second Amendment Preservation Act and tried to make it look like it was the Senate's fault.

That's NOT the sort of man we want as Speaker of the House the next two years.

And if that's not enough, John Diehl was responsible for thwarting the bills that would have protected our children from intrusive date gathering under Common Core. It's also his fault that HB 1490, the anti Common Core bill signed by the governor got watered down. Read about it here: http://www.moleadershipproject.org/

We must send a message to House Republicans that the People DO NOT want John Diehl to be the next Speaker.

Please do these two things:

The first thing you can do will only take a minute or two, so please do it right now. The Reps are watching, so vote No Diehl on this poll: http://themissouritorch.com/blog/20...l-for-the-next-speaker-of-the-missouri-house/
Then call or email your own Rep and tell him or her that you didn't send him to Jefferson City to be a rubber stamp for John Diehl's agenda. Tell him you expect House Republicans to choose a Speaker who will stand up for liberty!

And stay tuned as we show how the more than $1.4 million Diehl has received from special interests undermines liberty in Missouri.

For liberty!

- Ron

--

And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works. -- Frédéric Bastiat - "The Law"

Ron Calzone, director
Missouri First, Inc.

http://www.mofirst.org

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Don't harass the man, just work to keep him from becoming the next Speaker of the Missouri House, where he can do even more damage.

Missouri citizens, go here and sign the petition: http://www.moleadershipproject.org/

- Ron
One thing you'll learn if you hang around here, Ron, is that you'll quickly learn to differentiate among posters. When one has 12,000+ posts in 2.5 years (~13/day), and you consider the "quality" and nationwide breadth of those posts, it says a great deal.

That is all.

davidmcbeth

Banned
One thing you'll learn if you hang around here, Ron, is that you'll quickly learn to differentiate among posters. When one has 12,000+ posts in 2.5 years (~13/day), and you consider the "quality" and nationwide breadth of those posts, it says a great deal.

That is all.

Hey, until the guy says not to call him anymore you can call him a zillion times....I've gone to representatives' houses when they won't return a phone call...many times. Never once, not once, was I told or even insinuated that I was harassing them...they are my elected officials and I have a first amendment right to call them, visit them, or otherwise contact them.

Good luck getting a restraining order .. as long as you are under the first amendment umbrella, you are fine in my book. the first amendment never sleeps....

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
It looks like MO First isn't the only group disgusted with John Dieh, so is the Missouri Leadership Project: http://hennessysview.com/2014/09/29/john-diehl-doesnt-want-know-theres-big-press-conference-tuesday/

"I heard of the Stop Diehl project last week. On Saturday, mostly Republican volunteers began a door-to-door campaign in Diehl’s district to block re-election. That door-to-door effort continues through the election. According to Missouri Leadership Project’s press release: These Republicans want a change in the process by which House leadership is selected because the current method consolidates power and invites corruption. John Diehl’s actions as Floor Leader illustrate clearly how such power can be abused..."