Thread: Dem. Sens. Chris Murphy, Dianne Feinstein and Richard Blumenthal press KROGERS

Dem. Sens. Chris Murphy, Dianne Feinstein and Richard Blumenthal press KROGERS

Democratic Sens. Chris Murphy, Dianne Feinstein and Richard Blumenthal are leading a charge to press Kroger grocery to ban all open carry of firearms in their stores. The trio wrote to Kroger CEO Rodney McMullen: “As you know, gun extremists in several states have exploited the current Kroger policy by flaunting assault rifles as they shopped. These bizarre displays must be terrifying for Kroger employees and customers”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...n-firearms-fr/

G00gle real time coverage
    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...fhb6PxmYC9eW5M 20 articles ATM

Don't they lose their tax exempt status for politicking from the pulpit?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-02-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    I called Kroger to apologized for the actions of my senator ... an idiot who views do not mesh with the people of this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Democratic Sens. Chris Murphy, Dianne Feinstein and Richard Blumenthal are leading a charge to press Kroger grocery to ban all open carry of firearms in their stores. The trio wrote to Kroger CEO Rodney McMullen: “As you know, gun extremists in several states have exploited the current Kroger policy by flaunting assault rifles as they shopped. These bizarre displays must be terrifying for Kroger employees and customers”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...n-firearms-fr/

G00gle real time coverage
    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...fhb6PxmYC9eW5M 20 articles ATM

Don't they lose their tax exempt status for politicking from the pulpit?
    If everyone that reads this would write a letter to Rodney McMullen CEO of Kroger, I did, this would not be a problem. I sent this today.

Krogers Oct, 2 12014
    1014 Vine Street
    Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1100

Attn; Mr Rodney McMullen

Dear Mr. McMullen

I am writing this letter to thank you for your stance on firearms in your stores and to thank you for continuing to standing up to the anti-gun bullies like Fienstien, Bloomenthal and Murphy.

We mostly shop at Fred Meyer Wandermere, Spokane WA and at various Smiths and Frys the part of the year I am in Arizona. I started shopping at Krogers when I lived in Baytown Texas in the mid-70s.
    I am glad to know that I do not have to stop shopping at your stores like I have stopped shopping at Jack in the box, Starbucks, Target, PayPal and several other stores.

According to my Quicken records from August of 1997 until October of 2013 we spent $59,874.76 at Kroger stores, which does not count cash purchases of course. We switched to mostly cash last year due to the current problems with debit cards so 2014 spending is not included.

Once again thank you.

Sincerely

Jeff Hayes
    Address redacted
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Outstanding letter, Jeff! Polite and right on point!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Outstanding letter, Jeff! Polite and right on point!
    Thank you, Now if only 1000 or more people from this site would write a non threatening letter to Kroger it will make a difference. It took me 5 minutes a stamp and an envelope and a two minute search on Quicken to include a dollar amount. Letters like this are the cheapest, most effective thing we can do short of showing up in mass for protests.
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 10-04-2014 at 09:41 AM.

already done a few weeks ago when Kroger first told Moms Against Intelligent People to ****-off.

Last weekend, as I was conducting my weekly grocery shopping at my local Kroger's, I noticed a beehive of activity from all the employees and suited executive types walking around with clipboards.

So I commented to one of the local employees about putting on a good performance and was told the suits were from the national corporate office.

Therefore, upon encountering one of the aforementioned suits in the process of shopping, I simply informed him that Kroger's had my exclusive loyalty and that I'd go out of my way to make a trip for a loaf of bread even if I was at a gas station that had it 10 miles away. (O.K. I might have been exaggerating a teensy bit, but the sentiment was accurate.)

He thanked me and said he appreciated my loyalty.

The sidearm in my thigh-rig went unmentioned, but as is the case with thigh-rigs, I'm certain my openly carried pistol was noticed.

So hopefully, as I had a pleasant and unremarkable encounter with a national executive from Kroger's, the message that gun owners are appreciating Kroger's policy by increased patronage in addition to supportive letter writing has been noticed by the policy makers, themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Last weekend, as I was conducting my weekly grocery shopping at my local Kroger's, I noticed a beehive of activity from all the employees and suited executive types walking around with clipboards.

So I commented to one of the local employees about putting on a good performance and was told the suits were from the national corporate office.

Therefore, upon encountering one of the aforementioned suits in the process of shopping, I simply informed him that Kroger's had my exclusive loyalty and that I'd go out of my way to make a trip for a loaf of bread even if I was at a gas station that had it 10 miles away. (O.K. I might have been exaggerating a teensy bit, but the sentiment was accurate.)

He thanked me and said he appreciated my loyalty.

The sidearm in my thigh-rig went unmentioned, but as is the case with thigh-rigs, I'm certain my openly carried pistol was noticed.

So hopefully, as I had a pleasant and unremarkable encounter with a national executive from Kroger's, the message that gun owners are appreciating Kroger's policy by increased patronage in addition to supportive letter writing has been noticed by the policy makers, themselves.
    Well done Sir.

As soon as Kroger took their stand I pretty much started exclusively shopping there. I figure that's a good enough way to communicate. Very nice letter. I wonder how much I've really spent at Kroger in the past 8 years or so...
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Thank you, Now if only 1000 or more people from this site would write a non threatening letter to Kroger it will make a difference. It took me 5 minutes a stamp and an envelope and a two minute search on Quicken to include a dollar amount. Letters like this are the cheapest, most effective thing we can do short of showing up in mass for protests.
    Too right!

And with this link, they can send Kroger a piece of their mind directly, without burning stamps. Politely of course.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.