Thread: NC state fair says NO FIREARMS and Gov supports the move

NC state fair says NO FIREARMS and Gov supports the move

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09/...-nc-state.html

email indicating my displeasure their decision(s) to violate the GA's intent to troxler, royer, and gov sent this day

recommend others do the same.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-02-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Sidebar from the URL linked above

The law in question

Grass Roots North Carolina’s planned legal action may hinge on a section of law approved last summer. Previously, people largely were banned from bringing concealed firearms into “any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission,” according to G.S. § 14-269.3.

Last year’s addendum adds an exception for persons “carrying a handgun if the person has a valid concealed handgun permit.”

Brian Long, spokesman for the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, declined to comment on the fair’s possible legal defense.

“There’s been no legal action yet, but we’re gearing up, if there is,” he said.

State law does forbid the carrying of firearms by civilians inside the State Capitol building, the Executive Mansion and the Western Residence of the Governor. It also allows property owners to ban firearms from their premises, but this exception appears to apply only to “private premises.”

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09/...#storylink=cpy
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

This is what happens when citizens compromise with politicians.

Privileges can easily be taken away. All the politicians have to do is force private business to post signage or no license. Or post government enterprise such as a fair. The government cannot take away rights enforced by the courts. It seems the pay for play industry never, or cares to never learn.

Now those lobbyists have another cause to solicit money from citizens for a right that they should never have to relinquish their hard earned dollars.

Soon the lobbyists will be soliciting funds to fight this travesty while laughing all the way to the bank.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 10-02-2014 at 01:35 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    This is what happens when citizens compromise with politicians.

Privileges can easily be taken away. All the politicians have to do is force private business to post signage or no license. Or post government enterprise such as a fair. The government cannot take away rights enforced by the courts. It seems the pay for play industry never, or cares to never learn.

Now those lobbyists have another cause to solicit money from citizens for a right that they should never have to relinquish their hard earned dollars.

Soon the lobbyists will be soliciting funds to fight this travesty while laughing all the way to the bank.
    +1, and if you are like me and refuse to get a permit, you're out of luck.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE