Thread: Wisconsin Isolation Quarantine Statute § 252.06 for Enterovirus 68 or Ebola EVD

Wisconsin Isolation Quarantine Statute § 252.06 for Enterovirus 68 or Ebola EVD

§ 252.06(4) authorizes $10,000 fines and imprisonment. § 252.06(5) authorizes guards with police powers.

§ 252.041 authorizes quarantine as alternative to compulsory vaccination.

EVD and E68D are virii for which there is no approved vaccination and no cure. Palliative care is of symptoms.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Conn. Health Commissioner Granted Quarantine Power. Coming soon to your state.

Banned
    <cough> <cough> ... ebola is nothing new ... if they did it for aids, all the gov's friends would be locked up already

The same should apply for all other influenza carriers too. STAY HOME or get quarantined. We are all bio terrorists anyway. cough cough.

Banned

Quarantinable Diseases by Executive Order

Cholera
    Diphtheria
    Infectious tuberculosis
    Plague
    Smallpox
    Yellow fever
    Viral hemorrhagic fevers
    Severe acute respiratory syndromes
    New types of flu (influenza) that could cause a pandemic [from cdc link]

Looks like ebola is not on the list (ebola has been around for hundreds of years--its wiped out entire cities in the past ~~ but don't worry, we'll monitor ya!)

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    [ ... ]Looks like ebola is not on the list (ebola has been around for hundreds of years--its wiped out entire cities in the past ~~
    That is categorically false with not a shred of suspicion of truth. The first outbreak and identification was in 1976 shortly after the zoonosis emerged in humans, most likely transmitted by eating infected bushmeat.

For instance, smoked bat.
    The bats were prepared and cooked in a number of ways, the most common methods being to smoke the bats before preparing food and using the bats in soup. At odds with reports from other countries, the survey in South East Ghana revealed few uses of bat bushmeat associated with traditional beliefs or medical practices. In Ghana, bat bushmeat seems to function as both subsistence and luxury food. The large number of hunters who hunt for themselves or who keep some of their catch suggests that bats provide a readily available source of animal protein. At the same time, high taste ratings among consumers and relatively high prices suggest that bat meat is seen as a 'luxury food' in Ghana.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2014-10-people-infection-meat.html
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-09-2014 at 08:22 AM.

FEMA camps?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    FEMA camps?
    LOL FEMA, DHS, CDC A rose by any other name stinks as sweetly.