• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

on-duty cop breaks into estranged wife's home, assaults her, and threatens her bf

WalkingWolf

Last edited:

Primus

Arrested without bond and suspended without pay as he should be.

Good example of him being held to the same standard as everyone else.

One less d bag on the job.

OC for ME

Was he acting under the color of law? No!
While these are the same actions that Diaz carries out in the line of duty every single day, this intrusion was not done under the color of law.
Really?!?!
Desperate to get inside, Diaz kicked in the door like he would during a drug raid, and entered the home with his gun drawn, where he found the couple in bed together.

According to police, Diaz then grabbed his estranged wife by the hair and threw her to the ground, kicking and punching her multiple times. Next, Diaz pointed his weapon at boyfriend Ajlan Abdulla, and threatened to kill both him and the wife.
Every day? Well, it is BPD.

Not even remotely similar to thug cops that are routinely documented using the authority of the state to commit criminal acts.

He is being held to account as a civilian, his being a cop is irrelevant. Suspended? Why not terminated and his cop certification permanently revoked.

Cops are people too and some commit crimes, their employment has absolutely nothing to do with those criminal acts.

Grasping at straws.

state hater

Banned
I am sure she tried to grab his gun, or the she and her boyfriend bum rushed him...

You also have to wonder how many citizens in his six years suffered his rage and the incidents were called justified.

I also wonder how many cop lovers mindlessly applauded when IA ruled them as justified ["we investigated ourselves and found that we didn't do anything wrong"].

state hater

Banned

I have absolutely no doubt that if this cop was shot in self-defense by the woman, boyfriend, or boyfriend's nephew in that home, and you worked for BPD, that you'd mindlessly beat and/or kill the "cop killer." Cops are violent when someone kills one of their gang, REGARDLESS of circumstances.

J_dazzle23

Policemen are simply a microcosm of society. In every demographic, you have good guys, bad guys, liars, cheats, pastors, selfless people, and people that assault others.

Cops are no different. held to a high standard? Yes. Immune from having some poor - decision makers in the group? Hardly.

N=1 doesn't make every cop a jacka $$. Just this one, particularly.

My.02

state hater

Banned
Policemen are simply a microcosm of society. In every demographic, you have good guys, bad guys, liars, cheats, pastors, selfless people, and people that assault others.

Cops are no different. held to a high standard? Yes. Immune from having some poor - decision makers in the group? Hardly.

My.02

Why do cops mindlessly break the law and resort to murder whenever someone shoots one of their gang, even when it's self-defense?

J_dazzle23

Why do cops mindlessly break the law and resort to murder whenever someone shoots one of their gang, even when it's self-defense?
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to ask you to be more specific. WHICH cops are you asking me about? The one in the OP? Or were you generalizing all ~680,000 in the US?

the last two cops killed in MY state, they took the shooter to court and tried them for their crimes (which were anything but self defense) so I can't imagine you were referring to anything in my state

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

My.02

From the CATO institute 2010 statistics on police misconduct.

Figure-10.png

While the rate of police officers officially charged with murder is only 1.06% higher than the current general population murder rate, if excessive force complaints involving fatalities were prosecuted as murder the murder rate for law enforcement officers would exceed the general population murder rate by 472%.

ETA and this does not even take into account those fatal shootings that are white washed such as the Crawford murder. There is a huge problem that just keeps getting worse. Making excuses or burying heads in sand is not going to help. Just like sex abusers become priests and coaches counselors, violent personalities become cops. The difference is that the state does not protect those outside of LE.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.

Desmond Tutu

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

For sexual assaults, the rate for cops is more than double that of the general population. I'm not surprised.

You shouldn't be, rape is not a sex crime. It is a crime of control and aggression, the very traits many police depts look for. Though they used to intentionally try to test for excessive aggression and avoid hiring those members of society. That seems to have changed since 9/11. That is why I say the terrorists won, they have turned the people so scared of them they ignore the elephant in the room.

They also prove what many have been saying, but not believed. The public has a far greater chance of being killed by a cop than a criminal 472% higher.

Houston we have a problem!

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

From the CATO institute 2010 statistics on police misconduct.

Figure-10.png

While the rate of police officers officially charged with murder is only 1.06% higher than the current general population murder rate, if excessive force complaints involving fatalities were prosecuted as murder the murder rate for law enforcement officers would exceed the general population murder rate by 472%.

ETA and this does not even take into account those fatal shootings that are white washed such as the Crawford murder. There is a huge problem that just keeps getting worse. Making excuses or burying heads in sand is not going to help. Just like sex abusers become priests and coaches counselors, violent personalities become cops. The difference is that the state does not protect those outside of LE.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.

Desmond Tutu
Thanks for posting that.

I'm curious, from looking at your stats....the "IF the prosecuted...." is a BIG if. I agree with your point about personalities. Judging from the data...here is how I interpret that IF. Either:

A. The wool has been WAY pulled over our eyes, and policemen are in COLD BLOOD, unprovoked, (and the evidence shows GUILTY) murdering 60,000 American citizens a year (based on 2012 statistics, sorry, couldn't find 2010) as that is roughly 400% more than general population, and we are somehow missing that big of a number (but how would our prisons be full)....

or

B. The 417% ish number is an extrapolatory inference that is NOT a proper way to predict future or current outcomes.

As usual with me, I think the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

WalkingWolf

I really don't care~~a person is dead from violence unjustly whether we call it murder, or we call it excessive force.

J_dazzle23

I really don't care~~a person is dead from violence unjustly whether we call it murder, or we call it excessive force.
Of course you don't care. You were trying to pass off data that shows the police murder rate is only 1% higher than average, and infer that it is really 400 percent higher based on the assumption that every time excessive force complaints are issued in a shooting that 100% of those times it is unjustified murder.

That's a HUGE reach. I'm sure you can see that. I agree, cops murdering people is BS. But I think we BOTH owe it to this discussion to be honest and truthful in representing data.

You can't infer that every time an excessive force complaint is issued=cold blooded murder.

WalkingWolf

Of course you don't care. You were trying to pass off data that shows the police murder rate is only 1% higher than average, and infer that it is really 400 percent higher based on the assumption that every time excessive force complaints are issued in a shooting that 100% of those times it is unjustified murder.

That's a HUGE reach. I'm sure you can see that. I agree, cops murdering people is BS. But I think we BOTH owe it to this discussion to be honest and truthful in representing data.

You can't infer that every time an excessive force complaint is issued=cold blooded murder.
Excessive force for the majority of society is prosecuted as murder. There is absolutely no doubt that police are given a pass, and remember I am a former cop. If it is reported and prosecuted as excessive force it is unjustified.

Even if only half were murder that is still a higher rate than the general population. And even 1 murder by a cop is 1 murder too many.

BTW I didn't come up with that figure, and claim CATO Institute did. That is why it is in italics.

Dead is dead, there are no apples and oranges in the coffin. The mouse is dead whether the elephant crushes it or it is the supper of a serpent.

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

Excessive force for the majority of society is prosecuted as murder. There is absolutely no doubt that police are given a pass, and remember I am a former cop. If it is reported and prosecuted as excessive force it is unjustified.

Even if only half were murder that is still a higher rate than the general population. And even 1 murder by a cop is 1 murder too many.

Dead is dead, there are no apples and oranges in the coffin. The mouse is dead whether the elephant crushes it or it is the supper of a serpent.
Ok, that gives me a little more context as to what you mean.

Do we have data showing sixty THOUSAND killed by cops every year? I'm from the country so that seems like an astronomical number. Not saying it's not correct.

WalkingWolf

Ok, that gives me a little more context as to what you mean.

Do we have data showing sixty THOUSAND killed by cops every year? I'm from the country so that seems like an astronomical number. Not saying it's not correct.

We know from the data they have shown that per 100 grand that cops murder .5 more than GP. That means that cops commit more murders than criminals. I do not know how they compiled the other figure, through crime reports probably. I take them at their word, it is their forte.

twoskinsonemanns

My.02

This is simply untrue. You don't have a random assortment of the populous. To imply such is ridiculous. Just like all jobs you have certain types drawn to it. Some jobs naturally attract more nurturing, helping people.
A job which praises physical violence to control and punish... A job which elicits fear and dread... A job which grants vast power and authority...
It will naturally attract more of certain types of people than the random sampling you would have us believe.