Thread: what states allow a LAC to carry in their capitol bldg where legistature meets?

Banned

what states allow a LAC to carry in their capitol bldg where legistature meets?

wanting to know !

What does it say of an elected official afraid to face his armed electorate?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    What does it say of an elected official afraid to face his armed electorate?
    You know...but I am looking for an enumeration of states that allow cary into their legislative bldg.

Well,,,

We do in Washington State!

See this informative thread about our plans for the next legislative session...

Sticky: Open carrier sit-in at Washington state capitol thru 2015

EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Centurion
    Utah is one---- NOT only WHERE but WHEN and During said meetings as well!!!!!!!!

Permitted Carry in schools IS LAWFUL--- and Utah's permitting laws DON"t require concealment!

Also, fully legal to be in a bar/restaurant or any place else where liquor, beer, wine, or other intoxicating substances may be purchased or consumed while armed. DUI/DWI standard applies while armed--- so keep the BAC < .08 and you'll be good to go. While I personally don't drink these substances and strongly suggest that one NOT be armed while consuming or under the influence, this is my personal opinion. You each get to make your own decisions on these matters!

Other thing to add: No signage in UTAH on private property restricting the carry of firearms has the force of law behind it. Threat of trespass remains but only if one does not leave when instructed to do so and that is NOT a firearm crime!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 10-04-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    We do in Washington State!

See this informative thread about our plans for the next legislative session...

Sticky: Open carrier sit-in at Washington state capitol thru 2015
    Yep, we live in a beautiful place. (but it rains every day and you don't want to move here.)
    I am on the list for the "legislative challenge" we have going here. We are going to remind them just who owns the State House.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Virginia allows carry in the General Assembly Building with a CC permit. Also CC/OC in restaurants. You may drink if you OC when you entered the restaurant, and remain OC. Don't get drunk! As with Utah, "no signage on private property restricting the carry of firearms has the force of law behind it. Threat of trespass remains but only if one does not leave when instructed to do so and that is NOT a firearm crime!"

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hafnhaf View Post
    Virginia allows carry in the General Assembly Building with a CC permit. --snipped--
    True and the Capital Building itself.....except in the Senant chamber.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

MO is a no no except for the elected critters who lurk there.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    MO is a no no except for the elected critters who lurk there.
    Some animals are more equal.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

We do in Idaho. I wouldn't be surprised if Idaho was in the number one spot for open carry freedom. Other states are better when it comes to concealed carry than Idaho, but open carry here is so unregulated.

Texas!
    Seperate line for CHL holders. DPS does a quick verification of status and then good to go.
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    Texas!
    Seperate line for CHL holders. DPS does a quick verification of status and then good to go.
    Same for Virginia on Lobby Day (when hordes descend on the General Assembly Building to buttonhole their elected representatives). What's possibly the best part of it all is the high likelihood of someone standing in the non-gun line making some comment about getting a gun so next year they can get through the lines without having to wait so long.

(Actually, most of the time they just check the CHP to see it is not expired, without checking to see the name and address matches the DL. As close to "flashing the badge" as we are going to get.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Same for Virginia on Lobby Day (when hordes descend on the General Assembly Building to buttonhole their elected representatives). What's possibly the best part of it all is the high likelihood of someone standing in the non-gun line making some comment about getting a gun so next year they can get through the lines without having to wait so long.

(Actually, most of the time they just check the CHP to see it is not expired, without checking to see the name and address matches the DL. As close to "flashing the badge" as we are going to get.)

stay safe.
    So, you have to "prove" you are legal? Based on what law?

In Utah no permit required to OC in the State Capitol Building and for those with permits--- no requirement to conceal!
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    So, you have to "prove" you are legal? Based on what law?

In Utah no permit required to OC in the State Capitol Building and for those with permits--- no requirement to conceal!
    In Virginia the state is excluded from preemption.

The "rule" is a Joint Committee decision that allows those with CHPs to carry in the GA and Capital Bldg.....and they may OC or CC. The senate chamber no guns rule is of that body's decision.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

yeah, wouldnt want to be nail clippered to death. idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by hafnhaf View Post
    yeah, wouldnt want to be nail clippered to death. idiots!
    Hangnails can be brutal. That and some people consider the lack of a good manicure as being life threatening

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Hangnails can be brutal. That and some people consider the lack of a good manicure as being life threatening
    Was the lack of a "good manicure" to be a threat to the owner of the nails or others?

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Was the lack of a "good manicure" to be a threat to the owner of the nails or others?
    To a set of nail clippers, everything looks like it needs to be "clipped" - imagine a woman with PMS carrying these in a legislative body.