Thread: Armed patron kills 2 of 4 armed robbers holding up bar

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

Armed patron kills 2 of 4 armed robbers holding up bar

Prohibiting patrons from equipping themselves for self defense at bars puts them at risk and unconstitutionally burdens their rights.

It may be irresponsible and ill advised to drink alcohol while armed, but even if it is, it is still irresponsible and ill advised to prohibit the possession of firearms in bars.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Pol...278123501.html
    Advocate freedom please

Is it illegal to possess a firearm in a bar in Texas?

As far as intoxicated there is nothing in the article to indicate that. He probably wanted to avoid the hassle, and left. Or maybe he was a felon, which is why felons should be allowed their rights.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Is it illegal to possess a firearm in a bar in Texas?

As far as intoxicated there is nothing in the article to indicate that. He probably wanted to avoid the hassle, and left. Or maybe he was a felon, which is why felons should be allowed their rights.
    It's illegal for someone carrying under the authority of the CHL law to carry in a bar or any place that has a so called 51% sign indicating the portion of their sales that are alcohol sales. I phrase it that way because technically it's not illegal to carry a rifle into a bar, though it's 'illegal' for the bar staff to allow you to. Texas law can be very arbitrary, even to the point of absurdity.
    Advocate freedom please

Great reporting "...the gun-toting customer .... authorities are trying to find out who he is and why he left."

Now why did he leave???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    "authorities are trying to find out who he is and why he left"

yeah I bet they are. I hope he can avoid capture.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    "authorities are trying to find out who he is and why he left"

yeah I bet they are. I hope he can avoid capture.
    Spurgeon said the gun-toting customer also left the scene and authorities are trying to find out who he is and why he left.

He's just shy, that's all. Who would want to talk to the cops? Not going to make you any free-er.

I wonder how much of an effort the cops will make to find him? Very interesting story!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I wonder how much of an effort the cops will make to find him? Very interesting story!
    If the police search for him because he was a victim of a armed robbery defending himself, I don't think a "dragnet" will be issued, nor will he will be found, unless he wants to. He could also just be another criminal that did not want be a victim that day, and he will definitely not be found. It could be a off duty cop/FBI/State Trooper/Jail officer that does not want to get in trouble for drinking and violating policy (but they are normally not that good of shots). Either way, he probably will need to find a new bar to drink at from now on. Too bad he did not kill the other two that got away.

4 armed BGs. Action beats reaction.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Nice shootin Tex...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Centurion
    And at least one more law in Texas prohibiting tools of self-defense and the open carry of same needs to be changed!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Wouldn't there be ballistics from the pistol if he had purchased it in his name? My new guns always have a fired brass in them. How about shell casing with finger prints? I suppose he could've been carrying a revolver.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Wouldn't there be ballistics from the pistol if he had purchased it in his name? My new guns always have a fired brass in them. How about shell casing with finger prints? I suppose he could've been carrying a revolver.
    Fired case in the packaging of the newly purchased firearm is for those locations that require the submission of this shell case by law. Fortunately, MOST or Nearly all the States don't require this. Yep, the gun was fired once as proof of function ect. BUT no one in law enforcement has examined the case UNLESS it is submitted to the state.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

It is not that simple, CSI tv shows are mostly make believe. Brass casing fired get extremely hot, fingerprints consist of oils in the fingers. Unless those fingerprints had corroded on the casing over time, there would be no prints. Just try catching a casing in the air sometime, somewhere on youtube there is video of a lady that a hot casing lands in her cleavage, if you can find it watch her reaction.

But remember the shooter broke the law by taking the gun into a bar, and we all know that is more bad than an armed robbery.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 10-07-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Maryland is the only state that does anything with the shell casing. New York used to, but discontinued it. After a number of years, and the expense of documenting all those casings, they only found two matches to casings from crime scenes, and those matches did not help in solving any crime.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    Maryland is the only state that does anything with the shell casing. New York used to, but discontinued it. After a number of years, and the expense of documenting all those casings, they only found two matches to casings from crime scenes, and those matches did not help in solving any crime.
    The shell casing only is good at identifying the breach and firing pin. Unlike what many people believe a guns rifling changes over the time it is used. A new barrel laps, so after breaking in the barrel it is unlikely to provide a match based on records from shell casings.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump