Thread: The incredibly flawed FBI study on active shooters, CPRC original research

The incredibly flawed FBI study on active shooters, CPRC original research

"[I]nstead of a 16 percent annual growth in fatalities, the actual growth rate is less than one percent and even that small growth rate is heavily dependent on just one year, 2012. The Obama administration’s FBI report obtained its result by manipulating the data: including non-mass shootings, missing mass shooting cases, and selectively picking the period of time that they examined. Part of the abstract of the CRPC’s latest report describes what the Obama administration did:

http://crimepreventionresearchcenter...ngs-Report.pdf

http://crimepreventionresearchcenter...tive-shooters/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Now circulate this to the MSM and see how much air time it gets. My guess is: "Statistically Insignificant".

Please, LSM - the Lame Stream Media.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    When they practice to deceive.......no lie is too small nor too outrageous.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Preface: I'm surprised to find myself re-authenticating to OCDO after just 6 minutes of down time. What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "[I]nstead of a 16 percent annual growth in fatalities, the actual growth rate is less than one percent and even that small growth rate is heavily dependent on just one year, 2012. The Obama administration’s FBI report obtained its result by manipulating the data: including non-mass shootings, missing mass shooting cases, and selectively picking the period of time that they examined. Part of the abstract of the CRPC’s latest report describes what the Obama administration did...
    Congrats. You've stumbled across what Obama and his administration does best: LIE.

I, for one, have seen 20,000 times more lies from a White House squatter than I ever thought possible. I long ago thought no American would ever tolerate such heinous deception. To date, half of Americans have.

What the Hell, America? Seriously - What the hell? Have you taken complete leave of your senses? Grow some brains.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

It could be possible that a number of our fellow citizens agree with the findings, not because they are misinformed, but that they are liberals and this "study" reenforces their flawed worldview. The simplest, and most obvious, answer is usually the correct answer.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    It could be possible that a number of our fellow citizens agree with the findings, not because they are misinformed, but that they are liberals and this "study" reenforces their flawed worldview. The simplest, and most obvious, answer is usually the correct answer.
    So? Refute it. I and many others here have provided you with ample evidence to do so.

So... Do so.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    "mass shootings" term has no definition .... soooooo....

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    "mass shootings" term has no definition .... soooooo....
    Thought it was when a fat person gets shot....
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Thought it was when a fat person gets shot....
    or in church?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    or in church?
    Depends on what time or day. Usually Sunday mornings maybe.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Mass shootings = state east of New York, north of Rhode Island and Connecticut where improper use of guns occurs.

If m= mass, isn't all else relative?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    Well the OP's thread title had me at "Flawed FBI Study"

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

My relatives equal a lot of mass...

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Mass shootings = state east of New York, north of Rhode Island and Connecticut where improper use of guns occurs.

Hey in don't use my guns improperly. I'll be using 3 of them this weekend at a meet. Hopefully all properly. I hate losing...

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Hey in don't use my guns improperly. I'll be using 3 of them this weekend at a meet. Hopefully all properly. I hate losing...
    Don't take your guns to town unless you are willing to lose.....with apologies to Wyatt.

OTOH - Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything.

Crap "study" and I suspect intentionally so rather then just done by not so bright people but given the current condition of the federal gov't so called elite learning institutions, the person doing this could have a BA in foreign policy or wymmin's studies from Harvard and be incapable of giving change for a five dollar bill.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    So? Refute it. I and many others here have provided you with ample evidence to do so.

So... Do so.
    Oh kay...

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...d7134e6be.html

Crap studies are just that...crap.

Believe the "FBI" or believe what you know when you look around you. "Mass" shootings? Nothing but a title liberals use to appeal to emotion (fallacy). Do cops instigate a "mass" shooting if they shoot more than two citizens?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    "Mass" shootings? Nothing but a title liberals use to appeal to emotion (fallacy).
    I've analyzed a database that says otherwise. It's a 30-year, 62-event database of mass shootings occurring between 1982 and 2012, averaging 8.27 fatalities and 7.97 injuries per event.

So... Do numbers define what's considered a "mass" shooting. No, they do not. What defines a mass shooting is the intent of the shooter. If it's to shoot a pre-determined individual or even a number of people, it's not a mass shooting. If the intent is to either shoot an indeterminate number of people or "as many as possible," then its a mass shooting.

Do cops instigate a "mass" shooting if they shoot more than two citizens?
    I don't know, do they? Was the 9-person cop-performed crowd-spraying at the Empire State Building last year recorded as a "mass" shooting?

Two events in the 30-year database tied for the least number of fatalities and injuries, 4 and 1, respectively. Those were the coffee shop killings in 2009 and the Chuck E Cheese shootings of 1993.

Regardless, it's not numbers. It's the intent of the shooter.