Thread: The United States Empire. By Bruce Fein, TWT

The United States Empire. By Bruce Fein, TWT

If the United States is not an empire, the word has lost all meaning. [my emphasis] ¶ No sparrow falls in the forest that does not provoke a national security assessment and response. ¶ At present, we are employing military force in six countries — Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, and Somalia.
    [ ... ]
    Acknowledging this truth is the first step to curing the disease. Otherwise, self-ruination will be our fate. As Abraham Lincoln presciently lectured: “At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...states-empire/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-05-2014 at 07:30 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    And the US uses undue influence to make dozens of other nations bend to its will.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I am astounded at the nearly universal support of these wars by the left and right both.
    I don't think I've seen a single news figure save for Stossel that does not say "bombs are not enough, we need troops on the ground".

It's surreal.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    I am astounded at the nearly universal support of these wars by the left and right both.
    I don't think I've seen a single news figure save for Stossel that does not say "bombs are not enough, we need troops on the ground".

It's surreal.
    There's a Democrat at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

... and checks and balances in the Constitution. If the opposition wanted him stopped or out, they could oust him or stop him. There is not a spit of difference in the Ruling Party.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post

It's surreal.
    More than surreal, it's downright frightening. IMO, that's because all the good little sheeple are told what to think by the MSM. Their indoctrination is well under way, in fact nearly complete...

And I agree - I feel Stossel is the single voice of reason in the media today. We need more like him, those who will tell it like it is without injecting the (D or R) party line.
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.