Thread: Has anyone tried "Stealth Gear" holsters

Has anyone tried "Stealth Gear" holsters

I recently found a holster that is perfect for IWB carry the "Stealth Gear Onyx" manufactured in American Fork UT. it is the most comfortable holster I have found yet.

http://www.stealthgearusa.com/
    Last edited by krisman45; 10-05-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Nope, and won't. OCers have no need of such a thing.

Welcome to Open Carry Dot Org
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    I'm sure OCDO would appreciate your advertising dollar.

1. SHTFGear who makes IWB holsters, is a member of this site.
    2. His holsters are way more comfortable than the ones you linked.
    3. Advertisement fail...
    Molon Labe

[+=] Eleftheria i thanatos [+=]

Thumbs down Fyi

Well isn't this nice an OC Forum with members who have real bad attitudes. I believe in my right to OC as much as any of you, but I do not have to flaunt it and shove it in face.

FYI - I was not trying to advertise Stealth Gear or IWB holsters. I just found one I like and thought I could share w/o ridicule, obviously not. oh and btw keep your SHTFGear.

I figured there would be decent professional people posting here; guess not see you all later

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krisman45 View Post
    Well isn't this nice an OC Forum with members who have real bad attitudes. I believe in my right to OC as much as any of you, but I do not have to flaunt it and shove it in face.

FYI - I was not trying to advertise Stealth Gear or IWB holsters. I just found one I like and thought I could share w/o ridicule, obviously not. oh and btw keep your SHTFGear.

I figured there would be decent professional people posting here; guess not see you all later
    Saw no one with a bad attitude, nor anyone flaunting it and shoving in anyone's face. Did not see that you were ridiculed.

Did see that your first two posts mentioned a product/manufacturer from the same location as yours - raised the question if there was not a self-promoting connection.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Saw no one with a bad attitude, nor anyone flaunting it and shoving in anyone's face. Did not see that you were ridiculed.

Did see that your first two posts mentioned a product/manufacturer from the same location as yours - raised the question if there was not a self-promoting connection.
    no self promoting intended but that is what I would expect from a bunch of hot heads. So glad I am leaving the group.

no self promoting intended but that is what I would expect from a bunch of hot heads. So glad I am leaving the group.
    "Hot heads"? Really? Would seem that you are more of a provocatuer than a member of the "group."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Where u at op? I'm in utah, I'll come try one of those holsters

Well…,

Bye!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

If 3 borderline smartass comments are enough for you to quit such a productive forum after 4 posts, you probably wouldn't have lasted very long anyway. The 3 posters that made those comments are, from what I've seen in my limited time here, 3 quite intelligent posters. You should read more and post less in the beginning. It helps.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

finally one who speaks truth

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    If 3 borderline smartass comments are enough for you to quit such a productive forum after 4 posts, you probably wouldn't have lasted very long anyway. The 3 posters that made those comments are, from what I've seen in my limited time here, 3 quite intelligent posters. You should read more and post less in the beginning. It helps.
    well Mr The Truth
    You are right; I look back on my comments and hang my head. I should not let little things bother me like that. I apologize to all on this string. It was I who was the hot head no any of you.

Let it be known though that I have no ulterior motive in recommending a excellent holster other than I think it is real cool that it is manufactured in UT, and it really is a comfortable holster.
    Last edited by krisman45; 10-07-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Unhappy

"Hot heads"? Really? Would seem that you are more of a provocatuer than a member of the "group."
    You are right; I look back on my comments and hang my head. I should not let little things bother me like that. I apologize to all on this string. It was I who was the hot head no any of you.

well Mr The Truth

Let it be known though that I have no ulterior motive in recommending a excellent holster other than I think it is real cool that it is manufactured in UT, and it really is a comfortable holster.
    Welcome back! Enjoy your stay, and take it all in with a grain of salt and an open mind. You'll be fine!

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Welcome back! Enjoy your stay, and take it all in with a grain of salt and an open mind. You'll be fine!
    ok, 'the truth' y'al did it and have now accepted care and feeding responsible...

welcome to the forum OP...
    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    ok, 'the truth' y'al did it and have now accepted care and feeding responsible...

welcome to the forum OP...
    ipse
    I can handle late night feedings... early mornings not so much!

μολὼν λαβέ

Cool All good

I can handle late night feedings... early mornings not so much!
    no care and feeding needed here I may be stupid sometimes but I learn good from it no more crap from me

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheGreek View Post
    1. SHTFGear who makes IWB holsters, is a member of this site.
    2. His holsters are way more comfortable than the ones you linked.
    3. Advertisement fail...
    Sorry about the negativity I would try the SHTFGear if I hadn't already spent $200 on holster and mag carrier. Oh well maybe in a few months then I can give a true comparison.

Sorry about the negativity I would try the SHTFGear if I hadn't already spent $200 on holster and mag carrier. Oh well maybe in a few months then I can give a true comparison.
    New products and their comparison are always welcomed - individual preference for different folks.

Not my typical thought/reply but -

Hope the door hits you in the butt on the way out.

Without an explanation of why that holster was "perfect for IWB carry" as opposed to all the others that were short of perfection your post was pretty much a drive-by with lots of similarities to bot-generated spam. Folks here are very wary of spam here because it threatens the continued existence of OCDO.

Although I am not a fan of IWB carry I did check the website - a single product with lots of exposed metal washers on the skin side. Strangely, many people find that irritating and many other makers have responded by covering their hardware.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Cool ??

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Not my typical thought/reply but -

Hope the door hits you in the butt on the way out.

Without an explanation of why that holster was "perfect for IWB carry" as opposed to all the others that were short of perfection your post was pretty much a drive-by with lots of similarities to bot-generated spam. Folks here are very wary of spam here because it threatens the continued existence of OCDO.

Although I am not a fan of IWB carry I did check the website - a single product with lots of exposed metal washers on the skin side. Strangely, many people find that irritating and many other makers have responded by covering their hardware.

stay safe.
    I made my apologies to everyone. Lets accept them and let it go. As for the exposed metal the padding absorbs all of it so unless you go commando it shouldn't be an issue. Also they have more than one product if you had looked more closely you would have seen that. I have tried Bull Dog, Galco, and some cheap off brand holsters. While most open carry is done with OWB holsters; as a business man who wears his shirts tucked in most of the time and carries a compact weapon an IWB gives me as much visibility as an OWB and I feel it is much more comfortable; although it is a pain getting it cliped over my pants and belt each day.